Lieutenant
# 241 Wow
06-13-2013, 01:10 AM
thats the Most changes ive ever seen but when will the Free ships be added back into the Game
Career Officer
# 242 Suggestion.....
06-13-2013, 01:20 AM
- Higher withdraw limits from vendors
Some of us buy in bulk for our starbase/embassy projects (thousands at a time)

- Collapsible arrows in our Replicator (Similar to the Reputation lists)
I never buy food and sometimes buy commodities from the Replicator.

- Starbase/Embassy/Mine Holding's Leader board sorted by @Handles instead of Character Name. (If Possible).
My Fleet was doing "Contributor of the Month Awards" for our fleet members but finding and adding up Alternate Characters became too big of a task to continue.

I've also been encountering a lot of "Leechers" recently. I would get teamed to run a PvE mission and would get a "team mate" who would sit Inactive or actually Hide so they can get rewards without doing anything.
Anything you can do to prevent this would be GREATLY appreciated.
(Maybe something like Awards based off of damage/heals in the match. Or a Team vote to Kick these leechers so we can get a useful person on the team.)

-- Doing great everyone. I'm loving the new content. --

Last edited by jackmchurts; 06-13-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 243
06-13-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm just going to state the obvious which it seems no one else has bothered to...

It's a fraking Dilithium Mine, why in the hell should I have to spend dil to improve a dilithium mine??

With all the commodities, equipment, doffs, boffs, etc in the game you really couldn't find a way to build a mine without needing Dilithium?

I know i'm going to get slammed for mentioning real life concerning a video game, but let's look at this realistically for a minute.

When you mine for rubies, gold, diamonds, etc do you need massive amounts of those to build the mine? No, you need money, people, equipment, housing, food, and building materials. In-game equivalents would be Ec, Doff/Boff, equipment, commodities, food, but since dilithium is a fundamental part of power systems in ST, there should be a build power supply project that requires an initial amount of dil, but only that one mission and only once.

Requiring Dilithium to build a Dilithium mine that is supposed to help reduce cost to smaller fleets doesn't help at all, and as many said it costs more than you save. Forget whatever they're adding in the future for more holdings, those are irrelevant right now.

200,000+ dil for a tier 2 project, 160,00+ for another one, both again on a tier 2 fleet base is insane considering there are a lot more than just those two all at once.

Fleetbases should be fun, slightly challenging, and functional places for fleets to gather, and work together on a common goal.

Removing Doff missions and Fleet gear for the moment which should be perks let's look at the actual functions of fleetbases.

Can you run holodeck specific missions at the fleetbase............No

Do Embassies have player diplomatic side missions..................No

Fleet shipyard have unique R&D (Crafting)...............................No

Dilithium Mine allows players to do the dil mining dailies..........Don't know do they?
--------------------------

So again without Fleet gear being a consideration what purpose do they serve?
Captain
# 244
06-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I'm shocked there are people that actually think the cap is a real thing.
That you refuse to understand that a functional barrier is a functional barrier, whether or not there's a convoluted way around it or not, never ceases to amuse me.

Secondly, please continue to take backhanded swipes at groups that are already more likely to have an army of alts than just about anyone else, then try and stereotype that group into being a swarm of whining idiots whilst demonstrating your own utter lack of perspective.

Thirdly, thank you so very much for making yet another series of completely incorrect and unsupported assumptions about how I, or anyone else for that matter, deal with the refining limit.

Finally, keep on pushing the notion that somehow having to expend real money, maintain an army of alts or significantly delay progress on the countless resource sinks STO piles on players, is an acceptable workaround to a time-gate arbitrarily imposed to impede player progress and generate revenue for PWE. That one's never going to get old.
Ensign
# 245
06-13-2013, 05:58 AM
***** WARNING: BAD ENGLISH, NO NATIVE SPEAKER *******

Wow...THIS..is your help for small fleets..the big promised...well

what the hell is that complicated to help small fleets:

for the devs: count how many accounts are in a fleet (account, not chars).. isn't THAT complicated.

now, if a (standard)fleet with 100% cost = let us say..hm 150 accounts then do steps to reduce.

A fleet have 1-15 accounts: 10% of the cost
15-30: 20% of the cost
30-45: .. i think you get it.. well THAT will help the SMALL fleets.....

so, just my 2 cent and i hope understandable ...

Last edited by duramin; 06-13-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Captain
# 246
06-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramin View Post
A fleet have 1-15 accounts: 10% of the cost
15-30: 20% of the cost
30-45: .. i think you get it.. well THAT will help the SMALL fleets.....

so, just my 2 cent and i hope understandable ...
Reverse it and you've got a good idea. 1-15 accounts should get max discount while the larger the fleet gets the less less discount is applied.
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Ensign
# 247
06-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Reverse it and you've got a good idea. 1-15 accounts should get max discount while the larger the fleet gets the less less discount is applied.
thats why i wrote cost and not discount

So, yes, discount wise it would be:

A fleet have 1-15 accounts: 90% discount
15-30: 80% discount
30-45: .. and so on

Last edited by duramin; 06-13-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 248
06-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramin View Post
thats why i wrote cost and not discount

So, yes, discount wise it would be:

A fleet have 1-15 accounts: 90% discount
15-30: 80% discount
30-45: .. and so on
a fleet starbase with scaling projects based on active players would be a great idea
Career Officer
# 249
06-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
a fleet starbase with scaling projects based on active players would be a great idea
No, it would be absolutely terrible ! The exploiting possibilities are amazing, that's why something like that will never happen !

Last edited by qjunior; 06-13-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Ensign
# 250
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
***** WARNING: BAD ENGLISH, NO NATIVE SPEAKER *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
No, it would be absolutely terrible ! The exploiting possibilities are amazing, that's why something like that will never happen !
i know what you mean. whats about ppl can only contibute if they stay for at least 2 weeks in fleet or something like this? so, if you try to do "fleet-hopping" as exploiting ,you can prevent it that easy.

Of course you have to think twice to the whole process, but don't tell me that something like the system now is fair.. and yes, i want to stay in a small fleet, as it is family and rl-friends..and i dont have 100 ppl in my family play sto

have fun...