Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
As the thread title suggests if you are a romulan who chose to align with the klingon defense force there are some quirks that make your choice kind of lacking.

When you choose to go fed you immediatly have access to a bunch of nebula explorations (including the exploration daily)and a couple fleet actions.

Choose to align with the klingon defense force, and you get...... federation minefield.

Join a KDF fleet, and you cannot join starbase incursions, fleet alerts, fleet defenses etc etc until you reach level 21.

You cannot claim almost all of your cstore unlocks for klingons until you reach level 21/22 too, most annoying being the doff testing rewards.

Did I mention that you have no access whatsoever to exploration and pvp wrappers either? I 'like' being able to pickup the various ranks pvp wrappers and get a shiny payout at 50.

At level 40 you get Chart the Azlesa Expanse (no sign of the daily though)

So how did they vanish? The reason for that is that the kdf explo/pvp tutorials are slightly more complicated than the fed versions. On KDF in order to get send to ganalda station for the three pvp tutorials you first need to finish the welcoming the federation tutorial which takes you to the appropriate empire defense.
And because apparently someone decided that empire defenses (ERMAHGERRD!!! we cannot have romulans fight in an empire defense versus romulans!) are not appropriate for romulans all that stuff that has that as a prereq simply vanishes into thin air.

No 'exploration', no pvp wrappers, none of the nine? small possible extra dailies. (a good day to die, turret killer etc etc)

When it really was a deliberate decission to disallow romulans from partaking in empire defenses I throw a cascading FAIL at you.
Captain
# 2
06-13-2013, 01:55 AM
This is one of the reasons why I didn't send my Romulan to KDF. The other big reason is the bases you can visit. Feds has a few more than KDF. So your not stuck with like 1-3 bases.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM
This is a troubling issue, but I believe all of this was due to negligence and oversights rather than actually working as intended. I say this because when I created a new KDF char after the LoR release, that char was also restricted of certain PvE, lore daily missions, etc. untill that chars reaches 21.
But on the other hand, I had access to empire defense missions. I guess that this is overshight as well, but if it was in fact intended the only thing I can say that it's one of the most insane and illogical decisions made so far.

I still think this is due to negligence and oversight tbh.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 4
06-13-2013, 04:04 AM
I guess it's the "legacy" (no pun intended) of the lime beofre LoR when KDF chars effectively started at 20-25 and of course nobody bothered to adjust the level requirements with the release.
Ensign
# 5
06-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Ehmmm... As a FED Romulan I also was able only to do Romulan plot missions before reaching lvl 21. I couldn't even do Explore Strange New Worlds and such. So I think that it is intended to Romulans and it happens not only to the KDF ones.
Captain
# 6
06-13-2013, 05:51 AM
The problem is in part due to the fact that KDF players originally started at Warroir level 1, were given 5 levels of skill points during the tutorial, then had to grind up to Lt. General. They later changed KDF starting level up to 21 and put level requirements on all missions (when the only real level restriction was the difficulty of defeating an enemy 4 or 5 levels higher). When resetting KDF to level 1, they forgot to fix the level requirements on most missions.

I do agree there needs to be more missions tailored to expanding the premise of the Republic and Empire having joint-force operations much like how the US military often has joint operations with host nations.
Captain
# 7
06-14-2013, 07:53 AM
I really disagree....

I consider my "ally" meaningless. One I was FORCED to choose, I quickly forgot that they even existed.

I want as little "ally" involvement as possible.

I dont ever want to have to talk to Klingons.

I dont ever want to have to go to Quonos.

The only good Klingon is a dead Klingon.

The ridicuolous forced alliegence mechanic should be as unobtrusive as possible.

The goal should be to make us a ROMULAN faction, not just another KDF species like Orions or Gorn.
Rihannsu
# 8
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
agree with the OP.

Romulans need more implementation, PVP missions, costumes, everything!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 9
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
I really disagree....

I consider my "ally" meaningless. One I was FORCED to choose, I quickly forgot that they even existed.

I want as little "ally" involvement as possible.

I dont ever want to have to talk to Klingons.

I dont ever want to have to go to Quonos.

The only good Klingon is a dead Klingon.

The ridicuolous forced alliegence mechanic should be as unobtrusive as possible.

The goal should be to make us a ROMULAN faction, not just another KDF species like Orions or Gorn.
You are more than welcome to join us at the Federation. After all, you are just an ancient Vulcan, a specimen of what the Vulcans used to be - emotional and passionate. I think many in the Federation, especially the Vulcans, will be intrigued to learn more about Romulans. Plus, you don't have to deal with smelly Klignons, oh the odor...
Captain
# 10
06-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post

When it really was a deliberate decission to disallow romulans from partaking in empire defenses I throw a cascading FAIL at you.
Isn't this just logical? Romulans should never be allied with Klignons, it makes no sense. Their real homeworld, Vulcan, is still there and frankly, they will be much more welcome at the Federation who is accustomed to having different other species joining them as equals without feeling like they are being subjugated as opposed to a species "joins", more like dominates by Klignons.