Career Officer
# 761 AtoB Bop
06-12-2013, 04:14 AM
Yes, this sounds weird; AtoB Bop. But this unusual build is really fun and remarkable strong and sturdy. Below my fleet Norgh AtoB build. Im running it with my tac captain, but I guess a science captain would also be great in it. I use the fleet Norgh because it has 2x LTC, which gives lot of possibilities.

Front: 3x DHC, 1x DBB
Back: cutting beam, turret (or omega torp for the 3rd piece bonus)

Deflector: Advanced Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [PartG] [Sen] [Targ] [Threat] or other positron deflector
Engine: Aegis or advanced fleet hyper engine
Shield: Adapted MACO or Advanced Fleet Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x3 [ResA/B]
Warpcore: Overcharged Warp Core with [E->W]

Cmdr: TT1, BO2, CRF2, APO3
LTC: EptE1, AtoB1, EptS3
LT: ET1, AtoB1

LTC: PH1, HE2, VM1 (or something else)

Eng consoles: 2x neutronium, Tachyokinetic convertor or RSC
Sci consoles: Field generator, Borg, Leach
Tac consoles: 3x energy weapon of choice

Power settings: 100/25/60/15

Doffs: 3x purple technicians and 2x system engineers (chance at delayed disable from VM)

A few remarks: This build really needs some practice because it is incredibly fast and has a high turn rate. It can do a reasonable decloak spike kill, but it can also stay and fight. And when things still get too hot, you can escape easily, and cloack and fly around and make another alpha while your opponent thinks you have retreated. One of my favorite ways of maintaining arc on a target is moving backwards (because that also goes with higher speed). Also the build really needs EptS3, without it, resist is too low, and you get killed too easily. The choice of an overcharged warp core seems weird, but it is my experience that I have minimum aux offline time (max 1 sec). The E->W modifier is to compensate for the lack of +15 weapons power, which Bop?s don?t have. This build could work also on other Bop?s, but with the Norgh, the Sci LTC can be used for many interesting tactics. However, because of low aux power, VM is probably best choice, but you could also use tractor beam 3, or TSS3 if you need more defense.

addition 19November2013:

With the introduction of the omni beam array I recently switched to fleet antiproton 4 dual heavy cannons and the omni beam and cutting beam on the back. Also instead of VM, I use tractor beam. The new voth lockbox console is also great for ambush. Great results with this new setup, since the omni beam overload does also do good damage, and you gain a 4th dual heavy rapid fire. I also use 2 beam overload bleed through doffs with the 3 technicians

The boff layout and equipment are therefore now as follows:

Front: 4x advanced fleet antiproton DHC
back: 1x omni antiproton beam array, 1x kinetic cutting beam.

Deflector and engine: Borg
Shield: Jem Hadar
Warpcore: Elite Fleet Reinforced Warp Core Mk XII [EPS] [W->S] [ECap] [AMP] [SST]

Boff layout:
TT1, BO2, CRF2, APO3
ET1, AtoB1, EptS3
EptE1, AtoB1, DEM2

TrB1, HE2

I use 2x mine enhanced neutronium alloys with [turn]. The fun/crit consoles are slotten in sci. Tac consoles the new antiproton vulnerability exploiters or locators
Do you want to improve healing; use keybinds

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita

Last edited by rudiefix1; 12-18-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Captain
# 762
06-13-2013, 06:30 AM
A couple of builds I'm considering for my Sci to minimize P2W factors, for the sake of experimentation.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...eorycraftmk1_0

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...eorycraftmk2_0

In both cases:
Power settings: 15/45/50/90

Doffs:
2xPWO, 1 Deflector Officer, 1 Gravimetric Scientist, 1 new-doff-that-reduces-cooldown-on exotic-damage-on-use-of-GW/TR

What do you all think? Is it viable in pugs? (I don't run premades. My fleet isn't big on PvP. Not to mention my connection can't usually handle voice comms simultaneously. Pugmades at most.)
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Career Officer
# 763
06-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Hi.

I'm looking for an aux2bat build for the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit yet. See also:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10809651

I'm kinda new to A2B, but I'm having some trouble finding a good station layout. I mean, with (presumeably) 2x copies of A2B on Lieutenant positions, I'm kinda stuck with 3x Ensign engineering stations. Usually, I reserve 2 of those for the obvious 2x EPtS1; but with my new Horatio's, I'm given to understand probably 1x copy of EPtS would suffice, leaving me still 2 eng ensign stations left. See my problem?

Well, the real problem is that I probably don't understand the process right. So, if anyone could give me some idea on how to lay out these stations properly, I'd be most grateful.
Empire Veteran
# 764
06-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Hi.

I'm looking for an aux2bat build for the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit yet. See also:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10809651

I'm kinda new to A2B, but I'm having some trouble finding a good station layout. I mean, with (presumeably) 2x copies of A2B on Lieutenant positions, I'm kinda stuck with 3x Ensign engineering stations. Usually, I reserve 2 of those for the obvious 2x EPtS1; but with my new Horatio's, I'm given to understand probably 1x copy of EPtS would suffice, leaving me still 2 eng ensign stations left. See my problem?

Well, the real problem is that I probably don't understand the process right. So, if anyone could give me some idea on how to lay out these stations properly, I'd be most grateful.
with the tech doffs, you only need 1 copy of every ability, thanks to their effect they get cooled down to their system cooldown. ive got quite a few excelcior builds in this thread actually, some could proboly use some tweeking though at this point. EPtA doesn't really help that much i find, BO3 is usably accurate now, stuff like that

in the 3 ENG ens stations ET1, EPtS1 and EPtW 1 is what i would suggest. you get full up time on both EPt skills and an extra small but helpful hull heal. RSP is a safe bet in the LTC slot, and DEM3 is what will help the most in the COM slot.

i like single cannons up front and turrets in the back, with the 2 part omega set bonus tet glider, and DEM, single cannons can really do an number on a target quickly. you can throw a DBB up front and have BO2 or BO3 for some actual spike too. with the improvments to turn consoles, 1 or 2 of them will make useing those more narrow arc weapons a snap

you can use beams too, but those can provide withering fire on this ship. you wont get near as much out of DEM though because beams have a much slower fire rate and no real equivalent to CRF. consider dropping DEM3 for RSP3, or a team helpful ES3.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 765
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
with the tech doffs, you only need 1 copy of every ability, thanks to their effect they get cooled down to their system cooldown. ive got quite a few excelcior builds in this thread actually, some could proboly use some tweeking though at this point. EPtA doesn't really help that much i find, BO3 is usably accurate now, stuff like that

in the 3 ENG ens stations ET1, EPtS1 and EPtW 1 is what i would suggest. you get full up time on both EPt skills and an extra small but helpful hull heal. RSP is a safe bet in the LTC slot, and DEM3 is what will help the most in the COM slot.
Thank you very much for your elaborate reply!

Seems I had already laid out my stations the way you described above. Although I'm finding the ET1 to be a bit underwhelming on a ship with so much hull. And, since I run beams on it, I was thinking of maybe switching RSP2 and DEM3 for DEM2 and RSP3.

I currently have FAW3 for main tact (next to TT1 and APB1). For some reason FAW never seems to give the same 'zest' as BO3, but that may just be be an optical illusion.

I have one question left, though. Seems you need to activate A2B *after* you spammed your buffs, or the Haratio's don't seem to have any effect. Which makes cycling your buffs, with a single keybind (the only kind the game provides, it seems) a bit trickier.

Still, I must have done something right, as first time I took my new A2B fleet boat into Starbase 24, I got first place with it. I had to respec a bit to give me a bit more starter aux (61, counting warp core buffs); with 122 weps, and 70 starter shield (and literally minimal engine). I have to say, A2B gives ya an ungodly amount of power (not discounting second set bonus of Borg console + KCB, either).

Anyway, thx again for your advice. I shall look into cannons too.
Ensign
# 766
06-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone, my apologies in advance if this has been covered up before, I tried to browse as many pages as I could but here is my request.

I already have my skills set up and everything what Im wondering more is about my current weapon type and shield/deflector/engine.

Im currently flying a retrofit defiant, waiting for the upgrade on my fleet to complete to acquire the fleet variant and although I followed the kind advices of dontdrunkimshoot and I have seen improvement on pvp, I still feel have things I should change to improve.

Im currently using phaser weaponry and a maco shield with borg engine/deflector.

I was wondering if I should invest in acquiring a jem'hadar MK XII set and use polaron weapons instead.

Thank you kindly for your time.
Empire Veteran
# 767
06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
A couple of builds I'm considering for my Sci to minimize P2W factors, for the sake of experimentation.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...eorycraftmk1_0

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...eorycraftmk2_0

In both cases:
Power settings: 15/45/50/90

Doffs:
2xPWO, 1 Deflector Officer, 1 Gravimetric Scientist, 1 new-doff-that-reduces-cooldown-on exotic-damage-on-use-of-GW/TR

What do you all think? Is it viable in pugs? (I don't run premades. My fleet isn't big on PvP. Not to mention my connection can't usually handle voice comms simultaneously. Pugmades at most.)
those look a bit more stf ready, with the gravity wells. with particle gens, those GW wont hold very well vs using graviton gens. the transphasic weapons are a good way to go on a sci ship though. thats a good place to start from, those builds, tweek as you see fit. that kind of ship i have the least practical knowledge using im afraid, i cant advise as well as i could for a more tactical captain and ship.
Empire Veteran
# 768
06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmrx View Post
Hello everyone, my apologies in advance if this has been covered up before, I tried to browse as many pages as I could but here is my request.

I already have my skills set up and everything what Im wondering more is about my current weapon type and shield/deflector/engine.

Im currently flying a retrofit defiant, waiting for the upgrade on my fleet to complete to acquire the fleet variant and although I followed the kind advices of dontdrunkimshoot and I have seen improvement on pvp, I still feel have things I should change to improve.

Im currently using phaser weaponry and a maco shield with borg engine/deflector.

I was wondering if I should invest in acquiring a jem'hadar MK XII set and use polaron weapons instead.

Thank you kindly for your time.
the jem set and pol weapons wont be any sort of improvement really. the best way to learn is to do! and do on a team of peers. if you haven't already, join the organized PVP channel, and ask lots of questions. between their joking around, there will be people there with the most 'tribal knowledge' about the game that can help you out. and its the best place to form a pugmade, so you know you have got decent backup going into a match.

the best way to get a raw improvement to your ability is to run several key binds that you can use to easily keep some abilities cycling and shields distributing, and others to load up tac buffs, and maybe one to execute all your heals too. ive got a few posts in the table of contents about that too.
Survivor of Remus
# 769
06-18-2013, 01:53 PM
dontdrunkimshoot I have the adapted destroyer and cruiser, I wish to use both for the bonuses

please can you give me so pointers

Im not 100 sure n which toon to use them on engineer or science officer which one would you pick ?

Im also looking for a non aux2bat, set up... Some sort of ep2w / ep2s build, As I feel this would be better for a borg ship, can you please help ?

thank you

here are links to my builds using all borg sets and these consoles and 5 Efficient Bridge Officers

Nukara Particle Converter = grappler as not available on stoacademy
Assimilated Module
Zero-Point Energy Console
Plasmonic Leech
Indoctrination Nanite Dispersal System = grappler as not available on stoacademy
Shrapnel Torpedo Launcher = grappler as not available on stoacademy

I also have the helsmen trait,

plus I have used the sto power calculator so all power levels hit 125/125/106/130

eng build

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...borgpower2_993

science build

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...3borgpower_993

only different is eng that hits 6 points in Starship Energy Weapon Specialization to get Directed Energy Modulation III.

the 6 points in Starship Particle Generators and Starship Subspace Decompiler are for the Indoctrination Nanite Dispersal System console

Last edited by unheard1978; 06-18-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Captain
# 770
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
dontdrunkimshoot I have the adapted destroyer and cruiser, I wish to use both for the bonuses
Could you post specifics on the multi-spectral particle generator bonus? I haven't been able to find anything about the magnitude of the additional damage, if it's modified or buffed by anything, etc. Thanks!