Career Officer
# 11
06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by innuwarrior View Post
Was hard but doable, got nerfed ppl complained. Ppl complained after nerf, put power back but way too much.
{snip} Get it back like it was at first
{snip} I like a challenge but at least but at least I'd like to shoot back a little before getting blown up.
I couldn't agree more with these comments. Hive on launch was a challenge (even on normal), once that was under your belt, elite was another challenge.,.. getting all 3 optionals on elite was an occassion to celebrate... then the whining came... the inevitable nerf... more cries that it was now too easy... so insane spike damage was added.

Take it back to what it was previously... the borg did solid, CONSISTENT damage (limited spike (except the lances (which didn't target you if you were close to the queen).

I think if, in general, the NPC Damage should be increased by 20-30% on elite, maybe 10-15% on normal. But NOT SPIKE damage (i.e. Torp, Lance, etc) but their sustained fire damage.
Career Officer
# 12
06-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I think if, in general, the NPC Damage should be increased by 20-30% on elite, maybe 10-15% on normal. But NOT SPIKE damage (i.e. Torp, Lance, etc) but their sustained fire damage.
Fight the good fight Johnny.

All motivation to continue posting that kind of feedback has been completely sapped from me.

I'm not sure why the devs in this game are so enamored with telegraphed one-shot kill mechanics that make both tanks and healers pointless, but they are.

So far, no amount of feedback on the subject ever seems to bring us a change to this issue.

Survivor of Romulus
# 13
06-13-2013, 09:25 AM
I'd like to add that the superlaser those big ships has will hit you even while cloaked. I got one-shotted twice last night while I was cloaked, and the first time I was alone on that side of the ship.

So either Borg have really good stealth detection (even through Romulan battle cloaks) or there's a bug with the targeting.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 14
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Since LoR the accuracy of the Beamoverloads skyrocked. Before you had problems with an Atrox or a slow Ody, but now it hits Defiants flying on 4/4-Impuls. And repeadetly. You cant do anything about it, except warping out.

And they shoot through the cloak like they have sensors skilled to 999. Had to cloak, so I could heal a bit (distance to Queen 20km), after a few second she just flew to me and used her torpedo spread on me after she was in shooting distance, and at least 8km away from me.

Thats how you make the one true Elite STF a farce...
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
06-13-2013, 09:58 AM
On Borgs I do like 10-12k DPS, even on the tac cubes, and I get blown up by a cloaked lance...too...
Saarak, Vulcan Tactical officer, Captain of the U.S.S. Eternal.
Kaalina, Romulan Science officer, Captain of the U.S.S. Tesseract.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
in game terms, one shot kills are a LAZY game design mechanic,
Bolded for emphasis.

And yeah, I've had the questionable pleasure of experiencing those lance one-shot kills in Hive Elite. At some point we just gave up. It was hilarious for a while, and we laughed a lot, each time a ship just went 'poof'. But that's about it. Gets old, gets very annoying. And suddenly those lance attacks hit like every time. Oh, and when the whole team was destroyed, the Cigar of death even did a little dance. I'm not joking, it was moving and jerking around, like it tried to back into a parking space..

Talking about lazy or weak game design - the behavior of the spheres in Infected Space Elite is ridiculous. Their movement is random and makes no sense at all, other than to annoy the players, which is pretty much the only thing it achieves.
You know, if it was all part of a well orchestrated tactic and all the spheres would coordinate their attacks.. well that might be challenging.
But right now it's just silly and a typical "oh let's mix things up a little - trolololol" game design fail.

Then there's also Donatra in Khitomer Vortex Elite, who now sometimes fires the Thalaron Weapon without chargeup time. One time she came out of cloak and within one second wiped out our whole team. That was fun! Not.

And while we're at it, - balance by excessive hp is also problematic. Why?
Well, the resulting balance could have dire consequences on anything PvP related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I'm not sure why the devs in this game are so enamored with telegraphed one-shot kill mechanics that make both tanks and healers pointless, but they are.
This is so true. And so sad.

Hey Cryptic devs, at least make it so that there's a realistical chance to beat the encounter with skill. Like movement and smart usage of skills.
You know, like other successful MMO companies design their encounters.
Not some lame "hey, some of you will get killed. deal with it" crap.
Or "we're totally gonna random this up to make it more challenging!" nonsense.

Last edited by arcjet; 06-13-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17 One STF to Rule Them All
07-31-2013, 04:52 AM
I did an OMEGA STF run with PuGs in each one. I was able able to do the other three with PuGs and complete the Optional and had plenty of time remaining in each... then there was this one....

I played this one a few time when it first came out and found it to be fun, and only played a couple time after the update and found it not so fun (one team just fell apart). This time, it started slow (one person dropped out early, but someone else joined). We got to the big cigars and had the spike hits, but eventually took them down (lost optional, but kept going for mission).

The real fun began with the Queen; I think the majority of the time was spent with at least two player rezzing after the demonic spike strike blew us away with one hit. This was a mission with two cruisers, science ship and my tac ship (purple gear) and the Queen was taking as long to kill as the entire rest of the mission took to complete. I died so many times that the counter went back to 10 secs. This was the most ridiculous STF Space Mission I have ever seen. We all tried to keep range, and stay alive, but that doesn't help maintain the damage level needed to take down the Queen. The mission may have been intended to be the Ultimate OMEGA STF, but it really is just irritating and the fun is lost quickly. I will play any other STF other than this mess... hard is not the issue, but stupidly designed is the issue.
Lieutenant
# 18
07-31-2013, 06:06 AM
Although I have only been able to do this mission half a dozen times I have had more trouble on the Normal version than I have Elite. I have certainly been blown up more on normal by being one shotted like 15km away from the ships.

I have done Elite with all but one optional objective once and that wasn't too challenging (I guess it was partly the strong team I had). But put me on Normal and I am space dust as soon as its down to the Unimatrix ships.

Some sort of fix needs to happen though as I have a lot of trouble getting into the mission. There are like 100 people each playing Infected Space Elite and Khitomer Space Elite and I struggle in an hour to get into a team to do Into the Hive on either difficulty. I haven't even seen the ground version yet!
It appears to be such a turn off for the player base something needs to happen!
Lieutenant
# 19
07-31-2013, 06:10 AM
people got turnd off soon as they added the lances and even more so since it was fracked up and still is simce lor patch there tons of post about it asking for a fix but as of yet nothing

I gave up doing hive after the 1st two gose with the new lance being added and it one shot pop'd u no matter were u was on the map inclueding being cloaked and over 30km away TOTALY SCREWED AND NEEDS a revamp / rework
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Glad its not just me, I thought I was doing something wrong, even my scimitar in full battle cloak with full shields, over shields and the maxed out singularity core armour and sheild buff was one shotted by these invisible weapons, the lances I can go with but the 20k+ range invisi beams are something else, they make the deathstar look like a hand phaser.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix