Ensign
# 1 New stfs
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to make a new stf soon??
Captain
# 2
06-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerninja13 View Post
They did, not too long ago, I can't remember the name of it, it might be called "into the hive" or something, they added a new ground stf mission where you face the Borg Queen, and they added a new space stf mission, where you face the queens ship in battle.

Very difficult, very hard to do. The unfortunate thing is, they made it too difficult, it seems, as every time I try it, all the other players give up and leave me alone in the battles.

Last edited by amahood; 06-13-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Captain
# 3
06-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerninja13 View Post
"Soon" is a relative term in Star Trek Online , but if you believe the Devs , then there are discussions going on to create a new kind of STF that incorporates PVP .
For whatever info we have , see this thread's first post .

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
They did, not too long ago, I can't remember the name of it, it might be called "into the hive" or something, they added a new ground stf mission where you face the Borg Queen, and they added a new space stf mission, where you face the queens ship in battle.

Very difficult, very hard to do. The unfortunate thing is, they made it too difficult, it seems, as every time I try it, all the other players give up and leave me alone in the battles.

You may want to join the private EliteSTF Channel .
For an invite , send an in-game mail to @UFP-74656 or @Tilarta

(ground missions are not so popular there either right now , but you may get to finish the harder ones .)
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 4
06-13-2013, 02:56 AM
If they do, I REALLY hope that it doesn't involve the Borg.

We need some that involve the Elachi, or the Undine, or the Iconians.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 5
06-13-2013, 03:15 AM
For the Undine all we need is Terradome to be added to the STF queue.
Republic Veteran
# 6
06-13-2013, 03:17 AM
There was talk about a new STF title "Children of Khan" that has been on and off. Don't suppose we will ever see it.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 7
06-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
There was talk about a new STF title "Children of Khan" that has been on and off. Don't suppose we will ever see it.
TOS is not really my thing, but a STF like that could be interesting.
Commander
# 8
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Me personally prefer ground over space, but i do like ground and space equally.
On the pve page i really would to see me ground pve, and or stf's.
Star Trek is based on space, but there are players like me who do like playing in ground combat.
It is a shame most of STO dont play ground, they ruin it for players like me, who have to wait a while for a queue to start.
And the only reason most of STO dont play ground, is they just dont have the skills, and arent that good. I am great at ground and space, but have to say that ground combat can be more difficult then space.

Cryptic should a few more fleet marks ground to queue for for, all there is, is Colony Invasion and fleet starbase inscursion.
So...yeah, i would love to see more ground pve intergrated in game

"You dare challenge me?"

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
Lieutenant
# 9
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
If they do, I REALLY hope that it doesn't involve the Borg.

We need some that involve the Elachi, or the Undine, or the Iconians.
I really don't know what more they could do with the Borg. The queen is destroyed. I don't know much about the Elachi because I haven't finished the LoR storyline yet. I do think they should do some more Undine faceoffs. As for the Iconians, I suspect it will be some time before we actually see them as THE major enemy. I think the main problem with making them an enemy is that they are hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than any of the other factions in STO, so they will need to figure out a creative way to make them beatable without making them seem like a total joke.
Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders."
Lieutenant
# 10
06-13-2013, 11:05 AM
1) To answer your question, NO.

2) The last STF "HIVE" is a disaster and needs to be fixed before another comes out.
-ZT Strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapyroth View Post
"Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer ass off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!"