Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Known Software Conflicts
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Captains,

The following third-party applications *may* cause stability issues with the Star Trek Online client. Please be sure to disable them before playing if you notice any issues while you have them running.

Teamviewer
DisplayFusion
MSI Afterburner

For issues with Teamviewer, this post may help, and for Display Fusion, this post has more info.

We'll update this post with any other known third-party software conflicts.

Also, If the programs listed are working for you currently, then it's all good The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 06-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Captain
# 2
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
# 3
06-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control
If it's working for you currently, then it's all good The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Mumble
Are you pointing the finger at Mumble as a whole, or the STO plugin?

I ask because Mumble is voice-comms software used by many guilds and fleets, including mine.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Community Moderator
# 5
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
If it's working for you currently, then it's all good The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Likewise I've never found teamviewer a problem WEll unless someone tries to dial in to it lol
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Yup. My fleet uses Mumble and this isn't news to me.
# 7
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
------------^ Going to quote myself

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
------------^ Going to quote myself
Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graleron View Post
Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

What are the conflicts? Crashes? Performance slowdowns? Exactly what is the conflict? You really can't just drop a bombshell like that about a VOIP server without some details.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2013, 02:25 PM
I have been using Mumble for while and I have had no problems with it. So like everyone else on this thread. We need details! It might not affect us but we still would like to know.