Captain
# 1 Game eats too much memory
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I have been watching task manager lately

It seems that some areas of the game eat ram like it was candy like for instance earth space dock.Way does it need to take all most 980,000 k in memory.

When game is in idle it idles around 770,000k in memory but when it is active it spikes.

When game is loading it will spike around 1,040,000k in memory witch in my opinion is a lot for people that have 4 gigs or less.

And when you are walking or running in ESD it spikes to 900k or more.

Not sure if this is a memory leak but it seems so.

It is not that i have to worry about it be cause i have 8gigs about 5.7gigs available.Just kinda looking out for tough's who have 4 gigs or less.
Ensign
# 2
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I notice nobody bothered answering your post, typical.
Captain
# 3
06-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Be cause they know its true.
Captain
# 4
06-13-2013, 01:40 PM
I can't say it's not alot, but shutting down many services will free up that memory for the game. I got 4 gigs of RAM and the game runs smooth as glass.

Nobody else commented because they're not trying to run the game on highest video settings with 10 other windows open on the desktop.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Survivor of Remus
# 5
06-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I can't say it's not alot, but shutting down many services will free up that memory for the game. I got 4 gigs of RAM and the game runs smooth as glass.

Nobody else commented because they're not trying to run the game on highest video settings with 10 other windows open on the desktop.
+1 from here

It's actually not that bad considering other game clients I got running 1000K+ as idle. So you shouldn't be bothered by little insignificant memory usage. If people fail to live up to the minimum specs and still try and play the game it's there own fault if it stumbles.

Last edited by dllmmo; 06-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 6
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm running with lowest possiple settings, 1 gb ram, pentium 4 2.6 ghz, barely runs the game, better just stay in less crowded zones and restart game often to clean the catche files. like.. after every second stf.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Commander
# 7
06-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
When game is loading it will spike around 1,040,000k in memory witch in my opinion is a lot for people that have 4 gigs or less.
Most people have far more than that these days.

Quote:
Not sure if this is a memory leak but it seems so.
No, that isn't a memory leak. A memory leak would keep building memory usage until the computer finally locked up or crashed. Much like the memory leak in birth of the federation

Quote:
I'm running with lowest possiple settings, 1 gb ram, pentium 4 2.6 ghz, barely runs the game, better just stay in less crowded zones and restart game often to clean the catche files. like.. after every second stf
Sounds like the system I had when I started - though mine was a 1.6ghz system e-machine. It caused some really weird graphical problems thats for sure. Though it did run