Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,919
# 271
06-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
I agree with this. Remove dilithium costs from projects and raise the discount slightly, and if the mining dailies are any good (2000-5000 dilithium per day) then it would actually live up to the promise of helping small fleets.
That sounds good!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 272
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
I agree with this. Remove dilithium costs from projects and raise the discount slightly, and if the mining dailies are any good (2000-5000 dilithium per day) then it would actually live up to the promise of helping small fleets.
This could work.

Dilithium is my fleets biggest stumbling block, as written there is no way the Mine will ever be of benefit to us.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 273
06-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Building a power plant doesn't take power? Don't need any iron to make an iron mine?

While the discount is a colossal failure on Stahl's part, the idea that Dilithium shouldn't be needed is silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
I'm just going to state the obvious which it seems no one else has bothered to...

It's a fraking Dilithium Mine, why in the hell should I have to spend dil to improve a dilithium mine??

With all the commodities, equipment, doffs, boffs, etc in the game you really couldn't find a way to build a mine without needing Dilithium?

I know i'm going to get slammed for mentioning real life concerning a video game, but let's look at this realistically for a minute.

When you mine for rubies, gold, diamonds, etc do you need massive amounts of those to build the mine? No, you need money, people, equipment, housing, food, and building materials. In-game equivalents would be Ec, Doff/Boff, equipment, commodities, food, but since dilithium is a fundamental part of power systems in ST, there should be a build power supply project that requires an initial amount of dil, but only that one mission and only once.

Requiring Dilithium to build a Dilithium mine that is supposed to help reduce cost to smaller fleets doesn't help at all, and as many said it costs more than you save. Forget whatever they're adding in the future for more holdings, those are irrelevant right now.

200,000+ dil for a tier 2 project, 160,00+ for another one, both again on a tier 2 fleet base is insane considering there are a lot more than just those two all at once.

Fleetbases should be fun, slightly challenging, and functional places for fleets to gather, and work together on a common goal.

Removing Doff missions and Fleet gear for the moment which should be perks let's look at the actual functions of fleetbases.

Can you run holodeck specific missions at the fleetbase............No

Do Embassies have player diplomatic side missions..................No

Fleet shipyard have unique R&D (Crafting)...............................No

Dilithium Mine allows players to do the dil mining dailies..........Don't know do they?
--------------------------

So again without Fleet gear being a consideration what purpose do they serve?
Since you obviously didn't read my entire post or didn't comprehend the point I was trying to make I've conveniently highlighted the relevant text. And for future reference next time you want to comment on a single line from one of my posts, why don't you actually try reading the entire post, if you had bothered to in the first place you probably would have agreed instead of making yourself look foolish.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
# 274 FAIL-again!
06-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
Sigh..

Another holding..

Another boost to big fleets and their equipment, and another mountainous task for small fleets.

Lordy Lordy how this game hates anyone in a less than 100 man fleet lol
So D-Stahl, how exactly does this help a small fleet "significantly improve a small fleets ability"? Do you actually believe the things you say? How does adding more holdings help a small fleet? 35k FM's to the T-3 upgrade, really? What it is that actually makes you think a small fleet can earn that many marks? We are a 5 man fleet, a family fleet. We would have to run 50,000 fleet events, during the fleet mark bonus event, just to earn 35k FM's. Do you like to do the same **** thousands of times to achieve a goal? This is a joke!

Come up with something that will actually help us, not more BS holdings that require impossible amounts for small fleets, like 35k fms, 700k dilithium, 1000 common DO's. Yeah this is really gonna help us out, thanks.

How about creating a fleet mark bank that gains interest, or how about scaling the holdings based on fleet size? Actually do what you say you are going to do. Not just more of Cryptics everyday "oh yeah we're going to look into that mentality"

You continue to neglect the small fleets. The person that came up with this idea as helping small fleets should really be re-evaluated, because it in fact does nothing of the sort.

Thanks again.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 862
# 275
06-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes, I find it ridiculous that a Dilithium Mine needs to have Dilithium injected into it in order to be advanced.

Mines are supposed to produce ore, not take it!

It would be like someone saying, okay, here's a ruby mine, now give me rubies so that I can give you rubies in return.

And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I told a fleetmate about this and he shared my opinion that it's a flawed premise.


Therefore, Cryptic should remove the Dil requirement from these projects, just so it makes sense!


Mind you, I'm cynical on this subject.

Cryptic keeps finding ways to make us spend Dil, possibly with the aim of spending massive amounts of time ingame to farm it or buy it with C-points.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,038
# 276
06-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Since you obviously didn't read my entire post or didn't comprehend the point I was trying to make I've conveniently highlighted the relevant text. And for future reference next time you want to comment on a single line from one of my posts, why don't you actually try reading the entire post, if you had bothered to in the first place you probably would have agreed instead of making yourself look foolish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
In STO Dilithium is a currency.
I'm not the one who looks foolish for failing to comprehend basic facts...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,064
# 277
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasbattles View Post
So D-Stahl, how exactly does this help a small fleet "significantly improve a small fleets ability"? Do you actually believe the things you say? How does adding more holdings help a small fleet? 35k FM's to the T-3 upgrade, really? What it is that actually makes you think a small fleet can earn that many marks? We are a 5 man fleet, a family fleet. We would have to run 50,000 fleet events, during the fleet mark bonus event, just to earn 35k FM's. Do you like to do the same **** thousands of times to achieve a goal? This is a joke!

Come up with something that will actually help us, not more BS holdings that require impossible amounts for small fleets, like 35k fms, 700k dilithium, 1000 common DO's. Yeah this is really gonna help us out, thanks.

How about creating a fleet mark bank that gains interest, or how about scaling the holdings based on fleet size? Actually do what you say you are going to do. Not just more of Cryptics everyday "oh yeah we're going to look into that mentality"

You continue to neglect the small fleets. The person that came up with this idea as helping small fleets should really be re-evaluated, because it in fact does nothing of the sort.

Thanks again.
I'll save you a little grief, as I am feeling your grief too (small fleet of local friends here...)

However, D. Stahl has seemingly firmly committed himself to the belief that a "small" fleet is at least 20-25 people, not the minimum of 5...

Therefore, in his eyes, and using your math, each individual in the fleet [sarcasm] only [/sarcasm] needs to run ~1,000 events during a bonus period to tier up the fleet...

Well, at least the DOff requirement change of this patch will once again limit my micro-squad to being locked down on fleet marks instead of DOffs, cause shortly (as I hit tier 2 in each block), I'll be able to buy all my DOffs with fleet credits and fill those bars easily...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 485
# 278
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Disable rotation of character on character selection screen.


/10char
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 429
# 279
06-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice patch notes for Tribble....but hmmm...could you guys really think about keeping Holodeck online for more than a day? Seriously...the daily server crashes are getting really bloody old at this point....more patches coming to live....and totally untested....i see Holodeck dying again real soon....sigh
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
# 280
06-14-2013, 08:25 AM
This is my complaint:

These tasks are rediculously impossible to accomplish by small fleets.

THIS IS MY SOLUTION:
Lower the cost of the small projects (like the departments in the starbase) but keep the cost to upgrade the entire holding.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 PM.