Captain
I've played through two of my federation episodes, and the markers are placed in the completely wrong area's for each map, yet the spots that your suppose to go to (where the markers SHOULD be {and use to be} --) are still correct in the sense that when you reach the area your suppose to , the game works, yet the marker is not in the right spot if that makes sense at all...

also, some of the enemy ships act like the elachi ships?! , the klingon brel bird of prey enemy ships do anyhow...

and some of the ground maps, the enemies appear partly in a physical object when it never use too....

Also the face expressions for the contacts , during conversations, don't seem to appear at all, just the body position not the face expression...

so some issues definitely are happening...

Anyone know when it may be fixed?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
06-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
I've played through two of my federation episodes, and the markers are placed in the completely wrong area's for each map, yet the spots that your suppose to go to (where the markers SHOULD be {and use to be} --) are still correct in the sense that when you reach the area your suppose to , the game works, yet the marker is not in the right spot if that makes sense at all...
Known issue.

Quote:
also, some of the enemy ships act like the elachi ships?! , the klingon brel bird of prey enemy ships do anyhow...
I'll look into this.

Quote:
and some of the ground maps, the enemies appear partly in a physical object when it never use too....
If you can get me the mission IDs and which maps this is being seen on, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Also the face expressions for the contacts , during conversations, don't seem to appear at all, just the body position not the face expression...
Known issue.

Quote:
so some issues definitely are happening...

Anyone know when it may be fixed?
Sorry, but no information is available at this time.
Captain
# 3
06-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post

I'll look into this.

If you can get me the mission IDs and which maps this is being seen on, I'll look into it.
Well thank you kindly, crypticfrost. And God Bless you for doing so, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have 4 episodes that I have created in the past, in total, short half hour episodes. Anyhow , I'll place the ID's of these Missions here and say what the issues are for each one. These issues , did not exist until after being brought back online after the Romulus launch (as I'm sure you and others know already).

Once again, God Bless you for looking into these episodes.

Federation episodes:

ID: ST-HGYIGAEE3 the title is "Long Lost Friend 2"

Issue/s: in the first space map, that is where the Bird of preys act like Elachi ships..(most noticeable when your fighting them along side a friendly klingon ship in the story) .
The markers are also in the wrong places in some moments. Face reactions during dialogue during most of the game-play isn't really present.

ID: ST-HRQV6CUIV the title is "Long Lost Friend"

Issue/s: On the first ground map, when you reach the second Borg group, one of the enemy Borg, appear inside the forcefield of the captive federation character, therefore you can't attack the last of that group, and the mission can't continue. Also some of the markers of this episode are in the wrong spots too. And the face reactions also are not appearing much.

Klingon episodes:

ID : ST-HGFEEMVMO the title is "Earth Invasion"

Issue/s: markers are wrong in some areas. face reactions are not really present.

ID: ST-HPBYSJ456 the title is "BloodThirsty Enemies"

Issues/s: when you beam aboard the first ship, and go to scan the 1st body, once you reach the body, the option to scan it, is no longer present, therefore not allowing the player to continue the mission. And the markers are in the wrong areas as well, during some moments. Face reactions are also not really showing much during dialogue here either.

God Bless you for your help and I look forward to any news or updates about them here from you !

Last edited by amahood; 06-11-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
06-11-2013, 03:29 AM
The behaviour of the BoPs is probably not a bug.
They have access to the "Subspac Jump" console that one of the C-Store Klingon ships has adn this is not a new feature since LoR, they were pulling that off wayyy before today.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
06-13-2013, 02:51 PM
OK, here's what I found when I looked at these.

Quote:
ID: ST-HGYIGAEE3 the title is "Long Lost Friend 2"

Issue/s: in the first space map, that is where the Bird of preys act like Elachi ships..(most noticeable when your fighting them along side a friendly klingon ship in the story) .
The markers are also in the wrong places in some moments. Face reactions during dialogue during most of the game-play isn't really present.
The Bird of Prey spawns will sometime have the Ch'Tang Subspace Jump power
and so will teleport around. I'm guessing that's what you mean by "act like Elachi ships" and so that's what we call Works as Designed.

Quote:
ID: ST-HRQV6CUIV the title is "Long Lost Friend"

Issue/s: On the first ground map, when you reach the second Borg group, one of the enemy Borg, appear inside the forcefield of the captive federation character, therefore you can't attack the last of that group, and the mission can't continue. Also some of the markers of this episode are in the wrong spots too. And the face reactions also are not appearing much.
Here, the borg is appearing inside the forcefield because that's where he's placed. If you zoom in tight on the location and then mouse over the forcefield near where the other borg spawns are, you'll see the actor name appear when your mouse is over it. Once editing is re-enabled, all you have to do is move that one actor, or just move the whole spawn group a bit and it'll be good to go.

Quote:
ID: ST-HPBYSJ456 the title is "BloodThirsty Enemies"

Issues/s: when you beam aboard the first ship, and go to scan the 1st body, once you reach the body, the option to scan it, is no longer present, therefore not allowing the player to continue the mission. And the markers are in the wrong areas as well, during some moments. Face reactions are also not really showing much during dialogue here either.
This is the bug with interacts that are invisible or behind collision. The good news is that there is a fix for this and the Reach Marker waypoint issue. I'm not sure when they will be live, but they are inbound.

The contact emote animations issue is being worked on but there's no fix yet.

Last edited by crypticfrost; 06-13-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
Captain
# 6
06-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Howdy Crypticfrost, and God Bless you for replying to me about this!

Quote:
OK, here's what I found when I looked at these.

The Bird of Prey spawns will sometime have the Ch'Tang Subspace Jump power
and so will teleport around. I'm guessing that's what you mean by "act like Elachi ships" and so that's what we call Works as Designed.

OK, I didn't know that before, nor noticed it ever do that before. Though that does explain it, I'm glad to know that it is normal behavior for the ships , and that it was Not being mixed up with the Elachi. (And yes that is what I meant, when I said "act like Elachi ships").

Quote:
Here, the borg is appearing inside the forcefield because that's where he's placed. If you zoom in tight on the location and then mouse over the forcefield near where the other borg spawns are, you'll see the actor name appear when your mouse is over it. Once editing is re-enabled, all you have to do is move that one actor, or just move the whole spawn group a bit and it'll be good to go.
I had wondered that, I had not at first thought so, since it use to not happen before, yet I thank you for this observation , and I will fix it once the Foundry Editor is back online, as you suggested.

Quote:
This is the bug with interacts that are invisible or behind collision. The good news is that there is a fix for this and the Reach Marker waypoint issue. I'm not sure when they will be live, but they are inbound.
Thank goodness that there is a fix for that then! I am glad to hear that. I'm guessing that will be done before the Foundry Editor goes back online, (Hopefully).

Quote:
The contact emote animations issue is being worked on but there's no fix yet.
I imagine that would be more difficult to fix, as I would guess that's to do with the new type of system which is being used for the Game itself.

Well Crypticfrost, God Bless you very Much for your help and feedback on the issues I mentioned here. I appreciate the Time you took to do so. And I wish you and the entire Team at StarTrekOnline and of Cryptic and at PerfectWorld, the very Best, for all the Hard work you all put into this amazing game/world.

God Bless You All.

Last edited by amahood; 06-14-2013 at 12:39 AM.