Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
06-14-2013, 10:35 AM
About the daily minning missions, you have to unlock them. So at tier one, you can get a doff mission that gives you 250 dilithium per 20 hours. At tier 3, the same mission gives 500 dilithium per 20 hours. I missed the tier 2 version, but I assume it would be about 350. These missions do not stack, you one get one version depending on what tier you are. So you can't run both the tier 1 and the tier 2 missions if you are tier 2.

There is another mission that gives EC, 23,000 about to 33,000 about depending on tier.

The daily rich mining mission was not hooked up on tribble last night, but it only comes when you finish the mine, all tiers.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 12
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Getting to a T5 SB was never supposed to be easy, done quickly, or resource light. Frankly, they have made plenty of nice changes (easier white doff on tribble right now, dil discounts, no green or better doffs, no rare drinks, etc) and the complaining goes on. The fleets that already used up massive amounts of resources are not complaining even if it's unfair to them (mine is about to hit T5 finally). A fleet with a couple of dedicated doff farmers and everyone dil farming should do fine progressing with all these helps. It wouldn't be special if every fleet in this game just breezed to T5.
Career Officer
# 13
06-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Also, remember that the T3 9% discount applies not only to Fleet projects, but also lowers the Dilithium cost of items in Fleet stores (and as I understand it ANT Dilithium item store in the game) - so there is a pretty substantial benefit to not only being in a Fleet; but having the mine at T3.

That said, no, it's still not going to make a 1 person Fleet an easy/viable alternative.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 14
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Getting to a T5 SB was never supposed to be easy, done quickly, or resource light. Frankly, they have made plenty of nice changes (easier white doff on tribble right now, dil discounts, no green or better doffs, no rare drinks, etc) and the complaining goes on. The fleets that already used up massive amounts of resources are not complaining even if it's unfair to them (mine is about to hit T5 finally). A fleet with a couple of dedicated doff farmers and everyone dil farming should do fine progressing with all these helps. It wouldn't be special if every fleet in this game just breezed to T5.
I must have missed the part where a grind that takes at minimum more than a year was a breeze.
Captain
# 15
06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
It was committed to us several times that this new holding would make a "significant impact" in terms of helping small fleets to progress. However, it doesn't help at all. Building the mine actually delays your progress.

So regardless of how special being T5 makes you feel, the rest of us don't care - we just want what DStahl promised us.
Captain
# 16
06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Also, remember that the T3 9% discount applies not only to Fleet projects, but also lowers the Dilithium cost of items in Fleet stores (and as I understand it ANT Dilithium item store in the game) - so there is a pretty substantial benefit to not only being in a Fleet; but having the mine at T3.

That said, no, it's still not going to make a 1 person Fleet an easy/viable alternative.
The size of the small fleet is irrelevant. It was supposed to help small fleets progress, not put them further behind.
Captain
# 17
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
About the daily minning missions, you have to unlock them. So at tier one, you can get a doff mission that gives you 250 dilithium per 20 hours. At tier 3, the same mission gives 500 dilithium per 20 hours. I missed the tier 2 version, but I assume it would be about 350. These missions do not stack, you one get one version depending on what tier you are. So you can't run both the tier 1 and the tier 2 missions if you are tier 2.

There is another mission that gives EC, 23,000 about to 33,000 about depending on tier.

The daily rich mining mission was not hooked up on tribble last night, but it only comes when you finish the mine, all tiers.
Thanks for digging out (ha!) that information. It puts to rest a lot of speculation that the mine would give huge amounts of dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
So regardless of how special being T5 makes you feel, the rest of us don't care - we just want what DStahl promised us.
Don't hold your breath. He is a lying bastard. The proof is well documented.

Your first mistake was thinking anyone at Cryptic or PWE give a damn about broken promises or their players.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2013, 07:14 AM
So Cryptic did their trademark "toss the players a bone" and increased the discount to 4/9/15%.

However this still doesn't mean you break even even if you started a new fleet and leveled the dilithium mine exclusively first. The maths has been done and the magic number is 17%.

If you have already done starbase leveling that number needs to be significantly higher.

Standard Cryptic practice. Make a minor concession that makes no real difference and hope the players shut up. Not likely.