Ensign
# 31
06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
As this is your first visit to the new forums, it considers you new Your join date shows June 2013. The "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" is in place to stop spam bots -- it's a pretty short wait, and since we've put it in place, there has been virtually no spam. We're happy to remove this for you as you're clearly not a spam bot (and I just have -- log out and back in. I also made sure everyone else in this thread can make threads). Anyone else that's in this same boat who reads this message at a later date can send me a forum PM and I can manually remove the restriction.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just merged my old cryptic account with my pw account could I get access to post to please ? I have a couple of questions I wanted to ask since I am considering the lifetime sub.

Thanks
Captain
# 32 How do I PM?
06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
As this is your first visit to the new forums, it considers you new Your join date shows June 2013. The "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" is in place to stop spam bots -- it's a pretty short wait, and since we've put it in place, there has been virtually no spam. We're happy to remove this for you as you're clearly not a spam bot (and I just have -- log out and back in. I also made sure everyone else in this thread can make threads). Anyone else that's in this same boat who reads this message at a later date can send me a forum PM and I can manually remove the restriction.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I would like to be able to start threads also. I am not too good getting around computers, much less websites. I was hoping someone can tell me how to PM someone.
Career Officer
# 33
06-27-2013, 07:44 AM
I've been a lifer since beta despite what it says here.

I emailed support 4 days ago and still waiting for a reply.
Ensign
# 34
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Wrong quote.

Last edited by thehammeroflight; 06-30-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Ensign
# 35
06-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I am new to this whole thing. I would like to post a thread but I can not. I went through the FAQ's and tried the various tips there, but I got even more confused, especially the two types of accounts, Cryptic and PW account. If you could please help me I would be so grateful. Thank you very much.
Ensign
Been around for a while, more than the three or four days most seem to agree upon, have visited the forums before now, but haven't posted so here I am. seem to have met most of the other requirements from wracking up some pretty good hours in game recently to purchasing a warbird's worth of zen to spend in the c-store. I've got a few questions I'd like to ask but don't want to log up another thread with them unless I can find an appropriate thread for them.

Was going to PM bran but can't seem to find a way to do so, so here I sit. Looking forward to getting out there and getting to know everyone.
No man is free who is not master of himself. -Epictetus
Republic Veteran
# 37
07-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehammeroflight View Post
I am new to this whole thing. I would like to post a thread but I can not. I went through the FAQ's and tried the various tips there, but I got even more confused, especially the two types of accounts, Cryptic and PW account. If you could please help me I would be so grateful. Thank you very much.
Don't worry about it. If you never used the old forums, just use your PWE account here and you're fine. One post to the forum, wait 4 days, and you can start creating threads.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Ensign
# 38
07-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
Don't worry about it. If you never used the old forums, just use your PWE account here and you're fine. One post to the forum, wait 4 days, and you can start creating threads.
Thank you for the advice. I'm an old, old vet from way back when STO first came out. Haven't been around for a long, long time, came back and decided to check stuff out, but now can't post because not enough time has passed since I registered - over 3 years ago now... and yes, I realize it's referring to the date/time I finally logged back into the forums... I just find it amusing. I did merge my Cryptic and Perfect World accounts when PW bought Cryptic, could log into the game fine... just never checked the forums. My bad. Oh wells, guess I get to sit and wait for 4 days before I get to post a new thread.

Edit - how sad. "Join Date: Jul 2013" *cries* That should be like "Feb 2010".. lol
Edit #2 - heck, just to save some time.. maybe someone could be kind enough to answer this question:

- Did the old "Patrol X Sector" quests get removed from STO?

I ask, because last time I played a Fed character, they got a quest to "Patrol the Vulcan Sector", with objectives to complete the patrol missions of 4 planets in the Vulcan sector. My new Fed captain (decided to start anew.. wasn't all that far in my old captains) is up to Lt5 right now and has not been offered this quest at all.. I can do the individual "Patrol X planet" missions, but no over-arching mission like there used to be.

Last edited by kamatsudash; 07-03-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Ensign
# 39 Quick Question
07-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Since I can't start a new thread I will also ask my question here.

I am at Boff limit but that two in reserve. I want to use them to "Train Up" my borg but the option isn't available when I use commission. They are Starfleet and I am Romulan who sided with the Federation so this should not be a problem. It even says that I should be able to in the dialog screen...

Any Advice?

Thanks in advance.
Ensign
# 40
07-29-2013, 10:22 AM
I have been registered for a while, and still cannot post new threads, so have no idea what is going on.