Starfleet Veteran
# 351
06-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaltoum View Post
I don't know how people like you who love apologizing on behalf of cryptic for every screw up they make in name of objectivity are any better than you label as whiners? not like you bring anything to the table.
Labeling someone who isn't spitting fire and brimstone like you are as an 'apologist' is the best way to win, yep!

Frankly I could care less if you think I'm apologizing. But not everyone has their testes in a twist over a botched event. It ain't the first one Cryptic's screwed up, it likely won't be the last with their track record, and plenty of folks are able to move on with their lives (and their play) instead of throwing crusades every time Cryptic screws up.

Some of us have been here long enough to know the deal after all. So acknowledge the fail, have some cheers, move on and have fun!

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 352
06-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
Labeling someone who isn't spitting fire and brimstone like you are as an 'apologist' is the best way to win, yep!

Frankly I could care less if you think I'm apologizing. But not everyone has their testes in a twist over a botched event. It ain't the first one Cryptic's screwed up, it likely won't be the last with their track record, and plenty of folks are able to move on with their lives (and their play) instead of throwing crusades every time Cryptic screws up.

Some of us have been here long enough to know the deal after all. So acknowledge the fail, have some cheers, move on and have fun!
I just add it to the list. Ran a few, didn't work. Didn't bother after that. So on top of everything they failed at...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Ensign
# 353
06-16-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm actually quite ticked off with this event. Honestly if it was just a bugged event that didn't give us the promised all the time bonus it would be fine, "Oh well a botched event... no big deal". That sadly, is not the issue here; in my case what has happened is instead of receiving an all the time bonus to marks earned I receive no bonus whatsoever even during the 'actual' scheduled daily bonus events(where I should for sure receive a bonus). So basically I'm getting less marks than I normally would get outside of this event. This is unacceptable cryptic. I filed several bug reports. NO response(not really surprised).

You guys really need to get on top of these things. Not only did you screw the event up you screwed up the normal events for some people(I'm not the only one with this issue - a few people in my interfleet channels are having the same issue). Enough is enough is enough. Please turn the event off, fix the issue asap(like monday for instance). I mean you've made earning rep for 3 separate trees bad enough... now this.
Career Officer
# 354
06-16-2013, 07:00 PM
It's not so much the fact the event is borked that's irksome, that's par for the course really. It's more that Cryptic are, once again, outright lying to our faces about it, and leaving up the promotion for it as if it were working perfectly.
----
Starfleet Veteran
# 355
06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
It's not so much the fact the event is borked that's irksome, that's par for the course really. It's more that Cryptic are, once again, outright lying to our faces about it, and leaving up the promotion for it as if it were working perfectly.
That, most certainly, is worth grousing about. When something's obviously not working it's kinda time to stop advertising as if it were, because folks coming into the game expecting to get their grind on won't be able to. It's misleading and the very definition of false advertising. But that's about all it is.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Survivor of Remus
# 356
06-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Which event(s) did you run that DID and DID NOT give a bonus? I'll pass your reports along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

For me and three other fleet members ...

Azure Nebula Rescue
New Romulus ground missions
Tau Dewa patrol mission
Infected: The Conduit (Elite)

The only time we received bonus marks was during the regular three hour bonus block.
Lieutenant
# 357
06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Haven't received a single bonus mark, neither have any of my fleet mates. For anything.
Republic Veteran
# 358
06-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabrand View Post
For me and three other fleet members ...

Azure Nebula Rescue
New Romulus ground missions
Tau Dewa patrol mission
Infected: The Conduit (Elite)

The only time we received bonus marks was during the regular three hour bonus block.
he doesn't care
Empire Veteran
# 359
06-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I am not comfortable with labeling anyone at Cryptic as being liars.

Perhaps the lack of bonuses outside of the scheduled blocks for bonus is not happening to everyone across the board. I have seen people post that they were not getting bonuses during the scheduled blocks, but I have been getting them during the times. I doubt that people who differ on that are lying either.

It is helpful to let Cryptic know that there is a big problem with an event weekend. It is probably good to let them know our frustration, and even offer ideas... even if they are just suggestions about better communication with the player base. Attacks on persons, or Cryptic as a whole, however, are quite useless, and quite deleterious in every way.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 360
06-17-2013, 12:05 AM
So now you don't even get bonus marks during the event times. Vault:Ensnared, completed 10 mins ago during bonus hour., Saved 10, 20% vault completion, killed flagship. 24 marks....... WFT is that crap?
Closed Thread