Lt. Commander
I know that most ppl dont use the full borg set mostly because the shield is a regenerative one (still a good regen shield)... but O.o wtf ? the tractor beam cd is 5 minutes ? someone explain this ... ok that the 2nd set bonus is good the items by themselves are the drawbacks of that unique hull heal... compare this borg set with maco or khg set - is this even balanced ? its just a normal tractor beam that sucks minor energy from target and has 5 min cd ... maco beam or khg aoe cloak are WAY better and have "normal" set skill cd

rebalance this... 2 min cd for the tb ? anyone else agrees ? discuss
Commander
# 2
06-17-2013, 08:11 AM
i dont like it either, but dont forget the first passive is one of the best, and the whole set might work in a sci vessel plus the omega weapon set with the kinetic beam proc. i dont think the devs will look into that ...

they allready know that 2 pieces plus a better shield are a better combo than having a useless graviton beam for example, but they still work if you have the exact build for the skill ...
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude

Last edited by borgresearcher; 06-17-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Captain
# 3
06-17-2013, 08:13 AM
The borg tractor beam does massive kinetic damage to the target when used with the cutting beam. That is why it has such a long CD, its essentially an extra weapon. Kind of irritating that you still need to keep a regular tractor beam for CC, but that is why
Commander
# 4
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
The borg tractor beam does massive kinetic damage to the target when used with the cutting beam. That is why it has such a long CD, its essentially an extra weapon. Kind of irritating that you still need to keep a regular tractor beam for CC, but that is why
massive ? it requires a complete set and an almost useless weapon, 2k is not massive
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
06-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
massive ? it requires a complete set and an almost useless weapon, 2k is not massive
2k per second for 10 seconds, and kinetic damage doubles against exposed hulls. These numbers used to be much higher but got nerfed a few patches ago.
Lieutenant
# 6
06-17-2013, 10:52 AM
The Assimilated TB has a three minute cooldown, not five.
Captain
# 7
06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
its a nice bonus ability for sci ships/cruisers with lots of shield consoles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 8
06-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Ya What ??

It has a 3 min cool down not 5.

It is a FREE useful boff skill... with an untrained cool down... seems like a nice bonus to me.

Cause last I checked the 3 piece ALSO engages the 3 piece shield heal.

The tractor beam is a bonus fluff.

Cool down is completely in line with the other STF sets.

However lets be serious here as far as the 2 piece bonus goes it destroys the maco set...

The KHG and Omega 2 piece bonuses are both Niech bonuses... both providing slightly more damage to Energy or Kinetic setups.

The 3 pieces are pretty much even...

Most useful skill in pvp of all the 3 pieces...

Borg Set wins there hands down... so as you said the only real draw back is the fairly weak shield choice for pvp.

It is also the only of the sets that enables TWO bonuses on the 3 pieces.... you get a free TSS style self heal as well as the tractor.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.