Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Looking forward to this weekend! What time are we doing this - lunchtime/afternoon/evening time? (Just looking at rail tickets, y'see)
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 22
06-19-2013, 03:11 AM
This just in... the location!

We're going to be meeting at Wetherspoons at Leicester Square -- this location looks like it had the most support in this thread.

Time: 6PM local time (sharp, please )

Address:
The Moon Under Water/ Wetherspoons
28 Leicester Square
West End
Greater London
WC2H 7LE
http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...water-west-end

Directions: Tube: Leicester Square Station

Let's meet in front of the entrance -- we'll eventually move inside (or sit outside), so look for the group I won't have access to phone/ internet/ twitter service, but we'll make sure to stay either at the tables outside or inside.

PM me on the forums if you have any questions before the event begins. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 23
06-19-2013, 03:29 AM
Wetherspoons are nasty pubs, but they're famously cheap.

I'll try and be there =]
---
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
06-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atseearr View Post
Wetherspoons are nasty pubs, but they're famously cheap.
I actually disagree, the standard of food in Spoons pubs has dramatically increased over the past couple of years - and if it's the one I think it is (The Moon Under Water) it's a pretty nice pub.

I'm really gutted to be out of town this weekend, I'm up in Nottingham which sucks, as I would have loved to come to this!
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
06-19-2013, 09:29 AM
I have a few questions

1) Can under 16 players go into this pub?

2) Are we sitting on one big table?

, thanks!

(I like planning ahead)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 26
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I have a few questions

It really depends on the pub manager. The JD Wetherspoon website has this info:

"Children (under 16 years)
We welcome children in our pubs, until a set time each evening. This time is set at a local level, by the pub and its licence, so will vary from pub to pub; that said, it will usually be during 5?9pm.

To avoid disappointment, we suggest that you contact the pub directly, before visiting, to check when children must leave.

Children must be accompanied by a person aged 18 years or over. For their own safety, children must be supervised at all times. If any adult with children wishes to consume alcohol, then we request that all members of the party order a meal (babies and toddlers excepted).

Children are not permitted to order or consume alcohol or to play on gaming machines.

Young people (16?17 years)
The same timing restrictions which apply to children also apply to 16 to 17-year-olds.

Young people may order and consume food and non-alcoholic drinks (excluding Scotland). They are not permitted to order or consume alcohol or to play on gaming machines."

To make sure you might want to contact the pub and ask.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 27
06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
I have a few questions

2) Are we sitting on one big table?

, thanks!

(I like planning ahead)

#1, see above

#2, not sure Depends on how many make it out. If we need multiple, I'll venture between all the tables/ maybe we can have them near each other so we can hear one another.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
#1, see above

#2, not sure Depends on how many make it out. If we need multiple, I'll venture between all the tables/ maybe we can have them near each other so we can hear one another.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Don't know what The Moon will be like, but my local pub is happy to have tables moved together if numbers require it
Career Officer
# 29
06-19-2013, 11:24 AM
I may make this... there was a leaving do for a person I've never met down in Devon... but that's a bit of a hike. 6pm start makes all the difference. Because the last trains out of Nodnol leave stupidly early for visitors, a 7pm start would leave bout 2 hours.
Career Officer
# 30
06-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
Don't know what The Moon will be like, but my local pub is happy to have tables moved together if numbers require it
"It's just looks a lot different, that's all. There are 50 million people living on The Moon in my time."