Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
06-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
[U.S.S. Vancouver, Deck 19 Corridor, Moments Earlier]

*When Wil met up with the Ops team, he immediately noticed Lieutenant Shrod lying motionless on the ground.*

Wil: Is he okay?

Ops Officer: He has a dangerously low heartbeat, and even lower brain functions.

*Wil had once heard that Andorians' antennae will twitch in their sleep, but Shrod displayed no signs of being alive apart from tricorder readings.*

Wil: Don't worry, Admiral Soval agreed to treat him in the Bunker Hill's sickbay.

*Wil crouched beside Shrod*

Wil: Ensign Wil to the U.S.S. Bunker Hill. Two to beam aboard.

*The Ops officers and the corridor around them vanished in a flash of light, and in their place appeared a set of beds and several doctors and nurses. Having gotten used to the darkened rooms and hallways of the powerless Vancouver, Wil squinted at the bright lights overhead. Straightaway, three medical staff picked up the Lieutenant and placed him on a bed for examining. Seconds later, a voice sounded through the comm.*

Comm: Ensign Wil, please report to the bridge.

The Bridge? What could they need from me?

*As Wil headed towards the turbo, he couldn't help but notice the streamlined design of the Aventine class Vessel... He liked it.

Upon arriving on the bridge, a Ferengi operations officer pointed the way to the Captain's ready room, which came to Wil as a surprise, albeit an exciting one; He's never been invited into a captain's ready room before.*

What do I say?

*The doors opened.*

Wil: Ensign Wil, reporting for duty, sir!

I suppose I could've started with 'hello'...
Soval: Welcome aboard, Ensign.

*Soval and T'las look at him as he stands at attention.*

T'las *jokingly*: At ease Ensign, before you strain something.

*OOC: Now, given T'las' outward appearance is Vulcan, this oughta confuse the good Ensign.*
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Lieutenant
# 52
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Welcome aboard, Ensign.

*Soval and T'las look at him as he stands at attention.*

T'las *jokingly*: At ease Ensign, before you strain something.

*OOC: Now, given T'las' outward appearance is Vulcan, this oughta confuse the good Ensign.*
*Wil, slightly embarrassed at his formal choice of introduction, relaxes his shoulders, albeit uneasily, as he could swear he just heard a Vulcan make a joke. He didn't know whether to feel welcome or slightly terrified. Realizing that he was now blatantly staring at the Vulcan woman, Wil quickly directs his attention to the Admiral.*

Wil: You wanted to see me, Admiral?
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
*Wil, slightly embarrassed at his formal choice of introduction, relaxes his shoulders, albeit uneasily, as he could swear he just heard a Vulcan make a joke. He didn't know whether to feel welcome or slightly terrified. Realizing that he was now blatantly staring at the Vulcan woman, Wil quickly directs his attention to the Admiral.*

Wil: You wanted to see me, Admiral?
Soval: I wanted to inform you that we'd be taking your crew back to Earth, but now that seems impossible.

T'las: The Terran System has been sealed off by Starfleet Command. Priority 1 emergency. We don't have any specifics.

Soval: However, we are en route to Starbase 24. Your crew will be safe there.

In the meantime, I'd like you to serve as our liaison to your people.

T'las: Ensign, let me apologise, since I blatantly took you by surprise.

Soval: Commander T'las' father is human. T'las spent most of her life on Earth.

T'las: NYC, born and raised.
My Fan Fictions

Lieutenant
# 54
06-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: I wanted to inform you that we'd be taking your crew back to Earth, but now that seems impossible.

T'las: The Terran System has been sealed off by Starfleet Command. Priority 1 emergency. We don't have any specifics.

Soval: However, we are en route to Starbase 24. Your crew will be safe there.

In the meantime, I'd like you to serve as our liaison to your people.

T'las: Ensign, let me apologise, since I blatantly took you by surprise.

Soval: Commander T'las' father is human. T'las spent most of her life on Earth.

T'las: NYC, born and raised.
Wil: No worries, Commander. But thank you for clarifying. I was... perplexed for a moment. And Admiral, I'd be glad to be your liaison. I imagine they must be quite confused right about now and would like some answers. However, they will probably want to know why we can't return to Earth. Should I tell them about the Priority 1 emergency? It might not go over very well, considering the crew's eagerness to go back home.
Lieutenant
# 55
06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
OOC: Gonna be out of commission for the next couple days, but I will be back!
Career Officer
# 56
06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
[ U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-91895, Odyssey-Class Cruiser]

*Cutting through the seemingly endless ocean of stars, the smooth frame of the Federation starship Excalibur glided through space as it forged ahead towards Starbase 24. As the ship made its way for the Federation outpost, the captain of the vessel scratched his light beard with a gloved hand as he read the latest report on the systems refit that his ship had received at Space Dock however after staring at duty officer reports, maintenance reports and every kind of report that one can imagine, he his head felt as if it was about to explode and tossed the PADD onto the pile on his desk with a heavy sigh as he walked tiredly over to the replicator.*

Kyle: Vulcan Mocha, hot.

*There was a low hum as the replicator produced a mug of the Vulcan coffee and with a smile of both appreciation and relief, the captain picked the cup up with both hands and inhaled the intoxicating aroma from the caffeinated beverage. Before he could take his seat behind his desk he heard the door chime to his Ready Room sound and instead decided to take a seat on the edge of the desk*

Kyle: Enter! Let me guess commander, another report on one of the new systems that has been installed?

Jasmine: Yes sir. This time it's about deploying the Aquarius and Saucer Section at the same time.

*She walked over to his desk and set the PADD in front of her commanding officer, while he sipped his coffee. Taking one last sip of the Vulcan Mocha, Kyle Locke glanced at the report and then back at his commander and former Academy sweetheart.*

Kyle: Although I appreciate on being kept up to speed, I already had a feeling that we were going to have a problem being able to deploy both the saucer section and the Aquarius. For the sake of maintaining crew efficiency and in order to better keep up with in-battle repairs, we shouldn't deploy both at the same time.

*Jasmine sighed as the captain walked back over to the replicator with the empty cup*

Jasmine: You always manage to surprise me,

Kyle: I didn't get to my position with just my looks, although they probably helped.

Jasmine: Have we received any new orders sir?

*She said, laughing inwardly at his comment.*

Kyle: No, nothing yet. With the state the Alpha and Beta Quadrant is in we'll either be called to New Romulus, to the Klingon border or have to deal with the Borg.

Jasmine: I see, well at least helping the Romulans doesn't sound so bad.

Kyle: Here I thought you liked a good fight. It doesn't sound like you to turn away from a good battle.

Jasmine: Hey! Watch it mister, you have me sounding like a battle starved Klingon and you know what I mean. Starfleet was created to explore space and help expand our horizons, not to turn our weapons on our neighbours.

Kyle: True, but we cannot ignore very real threats to the Federation. If we ignore them even for a second, we risk losing everything.

Jasmine: If we continue doing nothing but fighting we will...

*Kyle's combadge chirruped and he tapped it in response.*

Kyle: Go ahead.

Konovuh: Sir! We're on final approach or Starbase 24, ETA is one hour.

*The resident Klingon and tactical officer of the Excalibur, updated the captain.*

Kyle: Very good, I'll be out shortly.

Konovuh: Aye sir.
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 06-18-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Captain
# 57
06-18-2013, 01:39 PM
*A few lightyears outside of Sol, in the U.S.S. Black Phantom's science lab*

Vranlek: It's a temporal disturbance, sir.

Voporak: One that I didn't cause?

Vranlek: No, it wasn't from your doing this time. Long range sensors show a severe Manheim Effect occurring throughout the Terran system. There is a temporal research station there.

Voporak: Will the temporal shields protect us from the effect?

Vranlek: While we've never encountered the effect ourselves, I can draw conclusions based on the Dresden incident.

Voporak: Which one?

Vranlek: The one with the Thresher.

Voporak: Ah yes, the first time we met the Dresden. Continue.

Vranlek: When the Thresher dropped into that time period, it created the Manheim Effect around its position temporarily. The Dresden raised its temporal shielding and stopped being affected by the effect.

Voporak: So theoretically we should be fine?

Vranlek: Yes.

Voporak: Looks like we're going to Earth then. However, we first need to drop off the Vancouver's crew and children at Starbase 24.

*They exit the lab and head for the bridge*

Voporak (as they step out of the turbolift): Set course for Starbase 24, warp 9.99. Engage.

*The ship warps out*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelocke View Post
[ U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-91895, Odyssey-Class Cruiser]

*Cutting through the seemingly endless ocean of stars, the smooth frame of the Federation starship Excalibur glided through space as it forged ahead towards Starbase 24. As the ship made its way for the Federation outpost, the captain of the vessel scratched his light beard with a gloved hand as he read the latest report on the systems refit that his ship had received at Space Dock however after staring at duty officer reports, maintenance reports and every kind of report that one can imagine, he his head felt as if it was about to explode and tossed the PADD onto the pile on his desk with a heavy sigh as he walked tiredly over to the replicator.*

Kyle: Vulcan Mocha, hot.

*There was a low hum as the replicator produced a mug of the Vulcan coffee and with a smile of both appreciation and relief, the captain picked the cup up with both hands and inhaled the intoxicating aroma from the caffeinated beverage. Before he could take his seat behind his desk he heard the door chime to his Ready Room sound and instead decided to take a seat on the edge of the desk*

Kyle: Enter! Let me guess commander, another report on one of the new systems that has been installed?

Jasmine: Yes sir. This time it's about deploying the Aquarius and Saucer Section at the same time.

*She walked over to his desk and set the PADD in front of her commanding officer, while he sipped his coffee. Taking one last sip of the Vulcan Mocha, Kyle Locke glanced at the report and then back at his commander and for Academy sweetheart.*

Kyle: Although I appreciate on being kept up to speed, I already had a feeling that we were going to have a problem being able to deploy both the saucer section and the Aquarius. For the sake of maintaining crew efficiency and in order to better keep up with in battle repairs, we shouldn't deploy both at the same time.

*Jasmine sighed as the captain walked back over to the replicator with the empty cup*

Jasmine: You always manage to surprise me,

Kyle: I didn't get to my position with just my looks, although they probably helped.

Jasmine: Have we received any new orders sir?

*She said, laughing inwardly at his comment.*

Kyle: No, nothing yet. With the state the Alpha and Beta Quadrant is in we'll either be called to New Romulus, to the Klingon border or have to deal with the Borg.

Jasmine: I see, well at least helping the Romulans doesn't sound so bad.

Kyle: Here I thought you liked a good fight. It doesn't sound like you to turn away from a good battle.

Jasmine: Hey! Watch it mister, you have me sounding like a battle starved Klingon and you know what I mean. Starfleet was created to explore space and help expand our horizons, not to turn our weapons on our neighbours.

Kyle: True, but we cannot ignore very real threats to the Federation. If we ignore them even for a second, we risk losing everything.

Jasmine: If we continue doing nothing but fighting we will...

*Kyle's combadge chirruped and he tapped it in response.*

Kyle: Go ahead.

Konovuh: Sir! We're on final approach or Starbase 24, ETA is one hour.

*The resident Klingon and tactical officer of the Excalibur, updated the captain.*

Kyle: Very good, I'll be out shortly.

Konovuh: Aye sir.
*The U.S.S. Bunker Hill is now departing Starbase 24 after dropping off the Vancouver's crew, save for a few volunteers, and Ensign Wil in order to help them adjust to duty aboard the Bunker Hill.

Soval is sitting in his quarters, drinking a mug of Vulcan Spice Tea, when he hears the door chime sound.*

Soval: Come in, Commander.

*T'las walks in.*

T'las: How did you...?

Soval: You always stop by at this hour to enquire as to whether I am "alright".

T'las: So I assume I don't have to bother asking?

Soval: I am quite fine, Commander.

T'las: Have we heard anything new from Earth?

Soval: No. Jupiter Station is trying to keep everyone apprised, but now their transmissions are becoming less reliable.

We do, however, now know the situation. The system is suffering from the Manheim Effect. It is originating from the Manheim Station in orbit.

T'las: Lassiter.

Soval: My conclusion as well. He was not pleased with the Federation Science Council shutting down his experiments in the Donatu Sector. Perhaps he attempted to continue his work at Earth.

T'las: So what are we going to do?

*Soval places his tea down, looking up to stare at T'las.*

Soval: Commander, the entire crew is aware that we have been ordered to stay away from the Terran System by not only Starfleet Command, but Starfleet Headquarters itself?

T'las: They'll follow your orders, if that's what you're asking.

Personally, I think you're making a mistake.

Soval: T'las, your concern for your father is admirable, but we must be ready to accept that Earth may not be saved.

T'las: This has nothing to do with my father. There are 8 billion people on Earth, scared and helpless.

Soval: And if we attempt to mount a rescue, we too may become ensnared in the trap.

T'las: Maybe. Maybe not. We're Starfleet. Risk is our business.

Soval: James Tiberius Kirk. I know the speech.

T'las: Then I'll try something that you should be all too aware of. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Soval: If we succeed, there is a chance we will be court-marshalled.

*Soval looks down, deep in thought, before rising from his chair, picking up the tea, walking over to a replicator, depositing the tea inside, and walking to the door past T'las.*

Come.

*T'las looks at Soval curiously as he walks by, before following.

They soon walk onto the Bridge, with T'las standing a few meters from the door. Soval walks towards the Command Area before looking to Ores at Ops.*

Lieutenant Ores, if we were to generate a warp field at 50% integrity, could we use it to form a temporal shield?

Ores: It wouldn't hold long.

Soval: Do it.

Helm, set course for Sector 001, maximum warp.

Helm: Sir?

Soval: If you have a hearing difficulty, ensign, perhaps you need to go to Sickbay?

Helm: No sir.

Soval: May I have your attention?

*The whole Bridge crew turns to Soval, with T'las smiling as she walks beside him.*

I am about to commit a direct violation of our standing orders. If anyone wishes to object, do so now. It will not be logged.

*A few moments pass, and Ores turns from his station.*

Ores: Sir?

Soval: Yes lieutenant?

Ores: I think I speak for everyone when I say; to hell with our orders.

Soval: Very good.

Helm, engage.

*Soval sits in the Command Chair and T'las sits down in her seat next to him. The two look at eachother.*

T'las *quietly to Soval*: Just when I think I have you figured...

Soval *quietly to T'las*: Perhaps when we have completed our mission, you could show me New York? It has been some time since I have been on Earth.

T'las *quietly to Soval*: So long as you keep what happened a couple of years ago strictly between us?

Soval *quietly to T'las*: Always, Commander.

Helm: ETA, 15 hours.
My Fan Fictions

Captain
# 59
06-18-2013, 03:37 PM
*Starbase 24. Those that were on the Vancouver have beamed off the Black Phantom*

Mirra: Everyone's off, captain.

Voporak: Good. Helm, match the Bunker Hill's heading. Push whatever you need out of the warp engines to catch up to them and match their speed.

Helm: Aye sir.

*The ship warps away from Starbase 24. A few minutes later*

Voporak: Omet'etan, engage the cloaking device.

*The ship slips off of sensors. Voporak taps his combadge*

Jirod, what would we need to do to get the temporal shield up and still maintain the cloak?

Jirod: The cloak drains a lot of power, sir. We'd probably have to reroute all power from weapons, transporters, and any non-essential systems.

Voporak: Do what you have to. Bridge out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 60
06-19-2013, 04:55 AM
[U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-91895, Odyssey-class Cruiser, Starbase 24]

*The door to the bridge hissed open as the brunette male captain and female commander exited from the captain's ready room and onto the main bridge. As they walked to their seat's, Jasmine couldn't help but feel that there was some tension between them however it she knew that it was only in her mind and the fact that what Kyle had said, had more to do with the recent loss of his grandparents than the possibility of losing the Federation. If both of them hadn't decided to put aside their relationship to focus on their careers in Starfleet, she would have done something, anything to console him.*

Kyle: Report!

Sai.: We have arrived at our destination sir. I am moving the ship into standard orbit of Starbase 24.

Kyle: Excellent work Sai.

Konovuh: We're being hailed by the station commander, I'll put it up on screen.

*There was a beep and brief pause before the station commander's face appeared on the main view screen*

Station Commander: Welcome to Starbase 24 Vice...I mean Captain Locke. We've already been contacted by Deep Space 9 about the enhancements that your ship received at the Antares Ship Yards. We've already taken the liberty of setting up a test targets for the escort and the saucer section.

Kyle: Thank you commander and if it isn't any trouble, I would appreciate it if your engineers could take a look at our communications system. We've been unable to contact Starfleet Command for sometime now and I'd like to get a second opinion, just to make sure we haven't overlooked something.

Station Commander: Captain...Haven't you heard? Starfleet Command has quarantined the Sol System. All Federation and allied starships are to avoid entering the system due to a temporal anomaly surrounding Earth.

Kyle: I see...thank you commander for the update.

*After the channel between Starbase 24 and Excalibur had closed, Kyle turned to his commander and tugged at the edges of his Jupiter Veteran style uniform and faced a shaken crew. Even as he maintained a stalwart composure, he too felt concerned for the people back on Earth and desperately wanted to do something for them but he had to be like an island in a storm and set an example.*

Kyle: What do you think people? Should we postpone our little trial or should we ignore what could be a possible threat to Earth?

Jasmine: Are you joking sir? We should do something about this.

Sai: However Starfleet has issued a Code 7-10 warning to all allied vessels, planets and starbases of the current situation on Earth. If we were to violate that order we would surely face a court martial.

Konovuh: We are one of the best equipped vessels in Starfleet, surely there is something that we can do. We cannot just simply stand by and ignore what is happening.

Three of Five: While I may not have any particular attachment to Earth itself, that even at the risk of a court martial we cannot just carry on as if nothing is wrong.

Kyle: Does everyone else feel the same?

*He looked at his Holographic Security Officer that everyone had come to call 'Mac', then to his Borg science officer One of Five, to the Chief Engineer Jamel Jame Gessford, and lastly his Senior Medical Officer T'Lusa and they all nodded. With almost every one of his bridge officers in complete agreement with the female Liberated Borg Operations officer, Kyle smirked and walked over to his chair and opened a channel to make a ship wide announcement.*

Kyle: As of recently, the senior bridge crew and I have been informed that Starfleet Command has issued a Code 7-10 on the Sol System, essentially quarantining the entire system and according to the code of conduct I am obligated to follow these orders to the letter. However I cannot in good conscious standby and allow a potential threat endanger the very heart of the Federation and the lives of its citizens when we can do something about it. I hereby issue the following statement to the crew; that I am about to commit a direct violation of our orders from Starfleet Command, all objections and protests will be noted in my log.

Sai.: I believe that everyone is in agreement with your sentiments, Captain.

Kyle: With that out of the way...Mister Sai set a course for the Sol System, maximum warp.

Sai: Course has been set sir. We should arrive in the Sol System in approximately fifteen hours, six minutes and...

Kyle: Engage!

*The brunette male exclaimed to interrupt the Android and pointed forward in dramatic fashion. As if complying to his order the Odyssey-class Star Cruiser's nacelles glowed brightly before the Excalibur warped out of the system and left the starbase behind it.*
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 06-19-2013 at 12:12 PM.