Lt. Commander
# 361
06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaigy View Post
Hi I've just installed STO but cant get it to run properly.

it's version 1.5.1
I get as far as the brightness adjustment screen and I hear music but the program freezes.

I'm running on a Macbook pro 2.2 Ghz intel core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia graphics card and OS 10.6.8

I disabled the GLSL but that hasn't worked. Anyone got any tips on getting this to run? Thanx
- Craig
hi
i had the same problem when i first started STO off in wine. i too got to the brightness adjustor and then nothing happened. you have to open the option tab IN wine. if you open STO (show package content) you'll see a wine app. open that and go to graphics. there you have to play a bit around that stuff. for doh123 sent his graphics prefix file and that fixed it for me. if you want i can do the same for you. maybe it helps.
BTW: dont forget that the first time you load the game it has to load for about 15 mins. that was the case for me... and many times i thought the game froze. but it didnt. just loaded a long time.
Ensign
# 362 thanks doh123 :)
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I have no clue what you are talking about... They made graphical changes to the game that caused issues. Sure it used to work better, but now some bugs in the drivers are more apparent. what does divx have to do with anything? 1.5.1 is still using X11, and not the native windowing system. As far as the game, its all Directx9, if that is what you are talking about. DirectX 11 and X11 is not the same thing, or even related. XQuartz is X11. I think you may be talking about dx9 and dx11... which has nothing to do with anything since DX11 will not run with Wine at all right now, so its still running DX9.

maybe... depends on your machine. Theoretically games will always run better with Wineskin than with Parallels. Parallels has to emulate an entire computer system, then run a whole OS... but they have done a very good job making it run good, and it can actually run many games very well, but it often comes down to the hardware you are using.
Thanks doh123 for clearing up some confusing things for me! asches1 was giving advice and said you sent him your graphics prefix file? if i could get a copy it would be most helpful if it helped his 10.6.8 mac to run the graphics properly, i wouldnt know where to install it within wine i guess myrddinwooding@googlemail.com if you could send it doh123 i'd be most grateful!

thanks again, myrddin
Ensign
# 363 Wineskin Commands
06-15-2013, 08:56 AM
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys heres a list of wineskin commands that might help some people having trouble with graphics if they wanna try a few things, particularly 'UseGLSL'

myrddin
Career Officer
# 364
06-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddinwooding23 View Post
Thanks doh123 for clearing up some confusing things for me! asches1 was giving advice and said you sent him your graphics prefix file? if i could get a copy it would be most helpful if it helped his 10.6.8 mac to run the graphics properly, i wouldnt know where to install it within wine i guess myrddinwooding@googlemail.com if you could send it doh123 i'd be most grateful!

thanks again, myrddin
Booting in Safe mode then setting your preferences is better... What I gave away earlier was just a copy of my preferences files... basically a way to change in the in-game settings from outside the game.
These are the ones i gave away earlier.. but they are very old.. not sure if they even work with the current game. This really shouldn't be needed any more...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...OPrefFiles.zip
Ensign
# 365 Mac Install
06-17-2013, 03:02 PM
OK, its me I know, but, downloaded the latest version, chose the installer as per the pdf, all my wineskin does is say busy!...any clues!
Ensign
# 366
06-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraptainkirk View Post
OK, its me I know, but, downloaded the latest version, chose the installer as per the pdf, all my wineskin does is say busy!...any clues!

Hmm..just updated the wine engine, seems like i "may" be ok, its patching at the mo, 11gb later will tell me..lol
Ensign
# 367
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Every time i start up the game, I get through the loading screen, but then i get to a screen with a slider to adjust the brightness and the whole computer just freezes. is there a fix for this? my specs are:

OSX: 10.6.8
Processor: 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 8 GB
NVIDA GeForce 9400m
Intel High Definition Audio
Rihannsu
# 368
06-22-2013, 11:45 PM
For 1.5.1, my graphics haphazardly become very low rez a lot, and upgrading to 1.6.0, my mouse is a bit jumpy, even though I put -enablerawinputsupport 0 in the command line. Any way to fix either? I'm on a new maxed out Macbook air.
Ensign
# 369
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Suddenly (apparently) I can't launch at all. I see the icon appear for a moment in my Dock, and "ps auwwx | grep wine" shows the processes running, and my screen's color palette has shifted as it does, but I see nothing happening on the screen, no launcher, nothing, and my normal Mac apps are fine. Help!
Captain
# 370
06-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Link to screenpic.

My game keep crashing, I updated the wrapper. Any idea why this keep happening?