Commander
# 61
06-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Do you think my idea of scaling the discounts to favour smaller fleets that'll be stuck in T1/T2 longest (to like 8%/12%/15% for T1/T2/T3 respectively) could be exploited?

As for how to benefit smaller fleets more, don't smaller fleet have more fleet creds? Individuals are inputting more stuff compared to members of larger fleets and so have more FC's to spare? (myself am floating around 2mil unused FC's).

Could FC's themselves be used as an alternative input for some projects? Instead of, or to decrease, FM's and dil requirements?
Larger fleets would have a harder time getting FC's to handle those projects?
Having the option to feed FC into the SB to pay for projects as an alternate cost would be an interesting idea, as long as its a reasonable rate. Currently this is partially done with the doff vendor but the smaller the fleet is the more FC each person will have. Large fleets might use it with the people that normally contibute the most. Although I would expect them to be mostly just hoarding their FC for the stores in new holdings that are added. Don't want to spend all your FC then have them add a holding that sells tac consoles.
Career Officer
# 62
06-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Fleet credits are already used for projects, it's called Embassy Provisions and Dilithium Mine Provisions. Before discounts are applied, the embassy and mine use a minimum of 5,528 and 17,627 respectively. The costs go down with your fabricator tier (750 FC at Tier 0, 400 FC at Tier 5).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Empire Veteran
# 63
06-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Do you think my idea of scaling the discounts to favour smaller fleets that'll be stuck in T1/T2 longest (to like 8%/12%/15% for T1/T2/T3 respectively) could be exploited?
any scaling can be exploited

Quote:
As for how to benefit smaller fleets more, don't smaller fleet have more fleet creds? Individuals are inputting more stuff compared to members of larger fleets and so have more FC's to spare? (myself am floating around 2mil unused FC's).
balanced fleets have no problems with fleet credits, my fleet has ~120 (about 40% of our roster) active contributors we are only running the t-4 1k xp SB projects and 1 30-min project, embassy is finished so we dont run projects there.

The mega fleets are the ones with fleet credit issues and are giant sinks for dilithium just to get more fleet credits
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)