Commander
# 21
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
All cloaking ships should have battle cloak.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Career Officer
# 22
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh ****, we haven't been down this road before.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=188968

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lieutenant
# 23
06-19-2013, 01:46 PM
i didn't wanne revive some 3 year old thread (also too lazy to use search function lol)

like i said in my 1. post....i could understand that KDF needed to have something unique there over Feds but that changed since we got all the battle cloaking rommies

i bet some people would even pay zen for a battle cloak upgrade to their defiant/kdf ships without battle cloak
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcutterslade View Post
so ye...
the title says everything

Give the Defiant a Battle Cloak!

Before we got those Romulan Battle Cloak ships, i could understand why it had only a standard cloak; so that the Klingons had something special (BoP battle cloak).

But since there are now plenty of Battle Cloak ships around, why not upgrade the Defiant cloak
(of course give the Qin Heavy Raptor a battle cloak too imo)

So what do you guys think?
I love my defiand and yes i want a battle-cloak but this ship is already a very good ship and with battle-cloak it would become over powered.
What federation escord can compete with a Defiand if it would have battle-cloak ???
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Captain
# 25
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
With KDF and Romulans having varoius cloaks, I just dont see how a game like this can go on where the largest faction doesnt have cloaking. They will be stuck to PVE only after a while. Really, all ships should have the inherent ability to cloak, with the actual ability being determined by captain skill points. No cloaking consoles, just skill points. If you dont want the skill points you get a +cloaking console that boosts your points. But no device that actually cloaks the ship. Everybody shoulld be able to cloak anything, if they have the points. Battlecloaking, an even higher skill point threshold

Give KDF and Romulan ships a natural +cloaking boost. Maybe give Romulan race a +cloaking trait.

There you go, game is now balanced for cloaking. Enjoy

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 06-19-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Captain
# 26
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
How many threads have been started on this topic?
Commander
# 27
06-19-2013, 02:27 PM
It doesn't need a BC, but what it does need is for the cloak to be part of the ship instead of a console. I mean, there a number of reasons to do this.

Canon wise, the only reason the defiant could cloak, was per agreement with the romulan government that they could have a cloaking device, provided they only used it in the gamma quadrant. Since the romulan government no longer exists, or rather it exists in the form of rebels who some have sided with the federation, you would think that the treaty would be expired.

You would think that after what, 50 years that they would have figured out a way by now to rig the damn console to the ship's core.

Gameplay wise, there really isn't any reason why a cloaking device should be considered a console anymore. It really does put the defiant and gal dreadnaught at a severe disadvantage now, (well, even more than they were).

Its not like feds don't have cloaking ships now anyway, given how many warbirds you see flying around so it really wouldn't break anything.

Again, it doesn't need battlecloak, just remove the console requirement.
Captain
# 28
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Honestly though considering the number of battle cloaks out there now...

Changing the Defiant console to be a battle cloak one would be fine by me.

It should still cost a console... and that console can work on that one and the galx... sounds good to me honestly.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 29
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
the only problem with the defiant is the bo layout, not the fact of having a good cloak or not, because cloak in my opinion sucks, the bad part in romulans are the stacking boff passives
?
graviton shield can decloak muahahaha
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Captain
# 30
06-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
the only problem with the defiant is the bo layout, not the fact of having a good cloak or not, because cloak in my opinion sucks, the bad part in romulans are the stacking boff passives
?
graviton shield can decloak muahahaha
The definat lay out is the best tactical burst layout of all the ships.

I run my varo with the EXACT same layout as a defiant.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.