Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 31
06-19-2013, 03:33 PM
well now there are several factors going against me ever coming to the event. its logistically impossible so late in the day being the biggest factor burying any hopes. thats a shame.

i just hope next time the meet up can be a bit more accessible to reach then london.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Career Officer
# 32
06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
well now there are several factors going against me ever coming to the event. its logistically impossible so late in the day being the biggest factor burying any hopes. thats a shame.

i just hope next time the meet up can be a bit more accessible to reach then london.
Brum is generally easier for me... maybe another one could be tied in with the Memorabilia event there (they have two a year).

As it is I'm hoping to go to the DS( reunion Comic Con in London, too.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
06-19-2013, 05:11 PM
In order to spread awareness of this meet-up, I've added this as an Event to the Subspace Agenda G+ Page, as well as the Star Trek Online G+ Community (under the "Conventions" Category). If you use apps like Google Calendar, accepting the invite to this event will add the event to your own Calendar (complete with a link to a map).

Hope this is useful to people. I will probably continue to do something like this with other future STO events through Subspace Agenda.

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 06-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post

Since there's been talk of this happening more regularly, what if it were made a lunchtime thing instead next time? And location-wise, perhaps multiple cities ought to host? Birmingham is too far away for the south but great for the Midlands; London is the other way around; and so on.
Rihannsu
# 35
06-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Out of curiosity, how do these things go along?
Meet up with various random strangers, and talk STO?

I'm still 50/50 on it,
a) I heavily dislike using public transport (especially London's) nor am I fond of riding/leaving my motorbike in London
b) still recuperating from a bloody cold I had to catch during the years hottest days...

also keep in mind for those who need to use the Northern Line, apparently both branches are shut this weekend, check out -> http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...offset=weekend
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
06-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsciw View Post
Out of curiosity, how do these things go along?
Meet up with various random strangers, and talk STO?
Pretty much, or at least that's the way the one for San Diego was a couple years back.

I found my experience a little awkward at first since I personally knew noone else that was going, and I think Brandon was the only person I might recognize (I think at the time he was with Massively or the Priority One podcast, not sure if he had joined Cryptic Studios yet). However, the coolness of getting to meet in real space, with other people that are into the same game as you are, ended up outweighing the apprehension and scariness of meeting strange new people.

...Which is one reason why I thought it would be a good idea to start posting these as Google Events through Subspace Agenda (linked a couple posts up). So not only would you get that added on your Calendar (with whatever reminders or links to maps you might need/want), but you can also see who else is going so you know who to look for beforehand. And then hopefully it's not such an awkward thing to go to a new place and meet new people.

Raptr profile
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 37
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
There are about 6 of us hanging outside the meet-up location now Post here if you're still on your way (and happen to see this).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 38
06-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry that i can not make it Pwebranflakes.
# 39
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
If you are still on your way to the London meet up, the pub is quite busy so we are moving to another location. Will post shortly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
# 40
06-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Update! We are around corner in China Town. Golden Dragon. Gerrard st. Waited from 6-6:30 and had 7 show up If you are still on your way, meet us here. When you get here, let front desk know you are looking for Brandon. We are going to be on second floor. I'm in a black polo. Tweet me (@PWE_BranFlakes) or post here if you are lost and are checking on your mobile

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=