Ensign
# 411
04-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I am using Pidgin.
I have tried any number of combinations of my account, character, cryptic account, pwe account.

I have a (I believe) botched merge. I can't connect to the support portion of the site either.

I get an invalid xmpp id error.

I can log in here with my account.
I can log into STO with the same account.

Is it asking for my PW account, or my Cryptic account?
I have all the other settings correct, I have verified with others.

NAME@crypticspace.com/resourcename disabled

Is this possibly a gameguard issue?
Possibly some odd account combo issue?
Something else I am missing entirely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry for the necro post)
Ensign
# 412
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Forgive me if this question was already answered, I only read to page 4 lol.
I can't seem to chat inside a channel. I can private chat individual users, but beyond that I can't communicate... which really sucks because that was the whole reason I wanted this :c
Ensign
# 413 Greetings all
05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
I've been reading about this feature, and I have no idea why it's a feature.

Is in game chat not working?
Dose this add voice?

I mean we have fleet chat group chat, and trade and all soooooo..... why would a third party text chat inter-graded into the game be needed?

just seems a bit weird.

P.S I'm sure there's a reason I just cant find it on my own Thanx
Career Officer
Hello,

I have set this up to the letter and can't sign into it. I think I have an account level problem. I can't sign into the game using my actual game account name, only my e-mail address, even though the password is correct and has even been reset. I am a lifetime member so I quality as a gold/paid account. This should be working. I've had friends who use it successfully with their accounts help me with the settings just to be sure ( and my settings were correct ) and I still can't sign into XMMP chat.

Cryptic / PWE, please look at my account and see if you can find out what's wrong and hopefully fix it so I can utilize this feature. It is one of the reasons (of many other reasons too) that I purchased a lifetime subscription so I'd really like to use it.

Thank you.
Commander
# 415
06-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypunk20 View Post
Hello,

I have set this up to the letter and can't sign into it. I think I have an account level problem. I can't sign into the game using my actual game account name, only my e-mail address, even though the password is correct and has even been reset. I am a lifetime member so I quality as a gold/paid account. This should be working. I've had friends who use it successfully with their accounts help me with the settings just to be sure ( and my settings were correct ) and I still can't sign into XMMP chat.

Cryptic / PWE, please look at my account and see if you can find out what's wrong and hopefully fix it so I can utilize this feature. It is one of the reasons (of many other reasons too) that I purchased a lifetime subscription so I'd really like to use it.

Thank you.
Try to connect to some other server using the client (like a general XMMP server or something), it could be a problem specific to your network connection.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 06-20-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Ensign
# 416
06-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypunk20 View Post
Hello,

Thank you.
Experiencing the same issue here. Sent a ticket to support and they replied that my account "doesn't have a name." and that I'm supposed to log in with my email address. However, that doesn't seem to work with XMPP. I'm a silver member though (this might be an extra issue). I believe the issue at hand is with account without names.
Commander
# 417
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Anyone else problems receiving pm's on pidgin?
Career Officer
# 418
07-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Can we please get this enabled for silver account users free to play please..........pretty please!!!! Especially, for those silver that buy cstore stuff.
Lieutenant
# 419
07-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Please could Pidgin be used by those silver players that have gotten cstore item purchases in game. I'm free to play and would really like to use it for my fleet leadership role
Ensign
# 420
07-22-2013, 09:27 AM
External chat for silver players would be nice. You could also add it to the C-Store for a fair price like the EC-limit unlock. I would pay 500-4000 Zen for that and there are probably more players that like this feature but don't want to pay lifetime/gold just for the chat