# 11
06-20-2013, 06:07 AM
hey!thx for the tip will try it out
Captain
# 12
06-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I tried to be a melee on a non STF once, with my sci. Tried it with the +X% melee damage skill, can't remember the name.
I spent most of my time chasing running foes. It seems ranged mobs start running everytime someone gets to melee range, except for borgs. Considering I was a sci, lunge was not an option. I'm not even sure I made 2 hits in a row.

I found it to be rather annoying, and dropped the weapon.
I can't imagine the enemy npc's would have run for long, I never seem to have an issue with this, but when you get enemies running around you it can be quite annoying. this is the exact reason why I am not fond of Bat'leths and Lirpas.

With the swords, they have a much faster 'recoil' (for want of a better word) than the bat'leth or Lirpa. because of this, you get a faster KB on the enemy. Once you knock them down once, they never get the chance to get up with the sword weapons in the game.

With Borg, KB is vital. one suggestion I would give to the Devs is to increase the 'recoil' speed of the bat'leth and Lirpa.
Commander
# 13
06-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
When your melee fighting your able to kill quicker because your attacks go past shields to do a lot of damage also you don't have to worry about being shot or any of your team being shot at by the drone your attacking increasing the survivability of the entire team.
Or you could have few Science captains with Tachyon Harmonics.
Captain
# 14
06-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwheeler View Post
hey!thx for the tip will try it out
No probs We would all love to get all the elites completed for own own player records. Not many people love ground STF's because they don't understand how to combat the Borg properly. Many drones have shields to break down, plus all the remodulating you have to do. Also, as your firing ranged weapons at them, they will be firing back without interruption. The advantage to melee is this:

1) You dont have to worry about shields, so the borg will fall in half the time they do with ALL ranged weapons.

2) Melee weapons gives you knockbacks, which means you can interrupt the Borg's attacks constantly, leaving them with little chance of getting any good attack in on you.

3) NO MODULATIONS! yay!

I still laugh when I see players trying to take borg out with sniper rifles from a distance thinking that they are safe. There is one thing to know about borg drones, if you can hit them, they can hit you. Ground STF's are done in half the time when everyone is on melee. I've now seen it done multiple times.

Last edited by ironmako; 06-20-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
06-20-2013, 06:29 AM
So...wait, the boff AI with melee weapons was updated? They actually use melee weapons effectively now?

When the **** did this happen? I'll have to test this out for myself.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 16
06-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
So...wait, the boff AI with melee weapons was updated? They actually use melee weapons effectively now?

When the **** did this happen? I'll have to test this out for myself.
I'm not sure dude, but give it a try. try it at an easy location like Nimbus III or new romulus, and give those enemy NPC's a good spanking
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I tried to be a melee on a non STF once, with my sci. Tried it with the +X% melee damage skill, can't remember the name.
I spent most of my time chasing running foes. It seems ranged mobs start running everytime someone gets to melee range, except for borgs. Considering I was a sci, lunge was not an option. I'm not even sure I made 2 hits in a row.

I found it to be rather annoying, and dropped the weapon.
Try the single-hand swords - the first swing on both 1 and 2 include a dash-to-close. It's the reason I like them so much better than the Lirpa or the batleth.
Rihannsu
# 18
06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmako View Post
Oh and Branflakes, Will we ever see the Nanopulse weapons making a return, like the Bat'leth and Lirpa? I wouldn't like to wait till christmas to get a chance of getting them! Can they be put in the lobi store?

I have a Nanopulse Bat'Leth and I never use it.

Why not? Because it attacks the shield.
Captain
# 19
06-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
I have a Nanopulse Bat'Leth and I never use it.

Why not? Because it attacks the shield.
Yeah, this is a puzzle to us all. They reconfigured the Nanopulse weapons to act as ranged weapons without the range. So they go to the trouble of designing these weapons, have them so they are so rare you can only get them once a year (hopefully this year as well), then they nerf it to an almost completetly un-usable state. The MK X batleth can take out borg faster than the Nanopulse one!.

Its not like they were OP weapons, so I would love an official answer as to why they did this.

I would like these though, at least to add to my collection
Captain
# 20
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Are there any missions that reward uncommon/rare melee weapons?
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Closed Thread