Career Officer
# 61
06-16-2013, 02:07 AM
dont wanna read all of this thread, so here just my 2ct's:
fleet armitage is just fine. set your skills, set your boffs, set your doffs and gear.
u also should consider that moving helps ^^... u r comparing 2 different ships for 2 different purposes i'd say.
i own both ships, nothing wrong about the armitage (though i'd liked that ens.tac to be an eng one on armitage).

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Ensign
# 62
06-20-2013, 07:47 AM
I have the non-fleet HEC and have been doing a ton...ie...TON of reading. I'm good in most PVE's, and normal STF's. Daily's, missions, and events are easy. PVP is challenging, but I can still hold my own for the most part (much more advanced and seasoned players out there than I am).

Education goes a long, long way in this game. I've respec'd twice to get a good build going for my HEC, and found I was using BOFF powers completely wrong and was getting wrecked because of it. A quick changeout of BOFF skills, a little power setting change here and there as I was doing that wrong too, and from recommendations, forms, and some PVP'ers who were handing me my head on a platter, I now have much more survivability than I used to.

ADVICE: When in a PVE or PVP and you see someone with no issues and your having them....ASK. I've found STO'ers are awesome at helping the beginner and the little guy.

Live long and prosper....to prosper......ask for help.

My next learning cycle is on key binding. 1 power per key? or 1 key muyltiple powers? any advice is awesome.
Commander
# 63
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
lol people comparing any ship to Bug.

lol.

Kraust - U.S.S. Secret Dragoon - Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Cassi - U.S.S. Tainted Seraphim - Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit
Crost - R.R.W. Crostiphex-B - Fleet Dhelan Warbird Retrofit
Hyde - I.K.S. Judgment - Fleet Tor'Kaht Battle Cruiser Retrofit
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Azura nebula...

...I died twice.
That's all I need to see to know that in ANY ship, you aren't doing it right. Like the entire game. Who dies in Azure? Seriously, a Miranda could survive it.
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Lieutenant
How are you EVEN DYING to the tholians PERIOD?! I have a tac Romulan and a tac KDF I play alot... the KDF is in a cruiser but the Romulan is in a Fleet Dhelan Retrofit.... not a bulky ship by any means... and they can't even drop my shields with a full D'deridex guard... AND I can take out a full D'deridex guard group in under 10 seconds Crits allowing.... so HOW are you dying to them, I just can't see a build being THAT squishy... specially if you're using "elite" gear as you've stated.
Empire Veteran
# 66
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Interesting that the OP has up and vanished.

Anyways, this thread has given me some hope in regards to this game.

Survivor of Romulus
# 67
06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
On Paper, the JHAS has way more fire power and much better survival than the FHEC.

5 Tac Consoles vs 4... 125 is a bigger number than 100 (Assuming 25% increase to weapons per console, Blue XI's are worth 26.x)
Com & Lt.Com are 7 Tac powers so are Com, Lt & Ens. But the higher ranks of the former and the near useless of a 3rd ensign power give it the JHAS again.

How could anybody say on paper these ships have the same power?

Oh and 700 extra HP for the Hull, my Beam Boat cruiser with full power to shields does on average 700dps per a beam volley.

So that's a single extra hit with a beam when your shields are down to kill a FHEC.

What I think the main problem here is he just moved his JHAS into the FHEC and assumed it would be the same.

Also Tac Team has an issue where it seems to target high yield Plasma torpedoes or Fighter craft that are extremely close to your ship. So he's not getting the tac team buff at all.

Oh and anybody who plays this game with a park and shoot mentality is doing it wrong. The Bug is considered OP by almost everyone and in the hands of some players it's an indestructible nightmare.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 68
06-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
On Paper, the JHAS has way more fire power and much better survival than the FHEC.

5 Tac Consoles vs 4... 125 is a bigger number than 100 (Assuming 25% increase to weapons per console, Blue XI's are worth 26.x)
Com & Lt.Com are 7 Tac powers so are Com, Lt & Ens. But the higher ranks of the former and the near useless of a 3rd ensign power give it the JHAS again.

How could anybody say on paper these ships have the same power?

Oh and 700 extra HP for the Hull, my Beam Boat cruiser with full power to shields does on average 700dps per a beam volley.

So that's a single extra hit with a beam when your shields are down to kill a FHEC.

What I think the main problem here is he just moved his JHAS into the FHEC and assumed it would be the same.

Also Tac Team has an issue where it seems to target high yield Plasma torpedoes or Fighter craft that are extremely close to your ship. So he's not getting the tac team buff at all.

Oh and anybody who plays this game with a park and shoot mentality is doing it wrong. The Bug is considered OP by almost everyone and in the hands of some players it's an indestructible nightmare.
And that's a real pity, because the canon version, seen in various episodes of DS9, was really nothing very special at all.

In fact, I would argue that it was so 'average' that one had to kamikazee the USS Odyssey to destroy it during Starfleet's initial encounter.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 69
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Yep, OP no more. Oh wells.

As for Reyans comment, yeah, that's true. The bug in canon was like the NPC bugs. A good ship, but best used in large numbers.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 70
06-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
So I got myself a fleet Armitage and replaced it with my bug ship, I loaded out the fleet Armitage with all the gear my bug ship had,

Now the bug ship has a hull rating of 34,500 and a crew of 50
Fleet armitage 35,200 crew of 200.

So with the hull and crew increase you would have thought the armitage would have better survive ability.
NO IT DOESN'T.
in fact it's worse a lot worse.

In my bug ship I can sit still in Azura nebula and pick off a group of Tholians holding a D'deredix ship with no real problems. Hull will go Down to about 70%

Tried the same thing in the armitage and I died twice.

I'm constantly having to look at my ship status and repairing the hull and shields while I find myself screaming at the monitor telling my bridge officer healing abilities to hurry up and recharge.

Its so frustrating that such a good ship with supposedly better stats for taking damage is so bad.

So I'm going back to my bug ship, lighter, better dps, better survive ability but will miss torpedo point defence.

Rant over
Rant begin!

How in the world anyone can die in a ship that can keep EPtS !!3!! active the vast majority of the time with doffs along with an EPtE and/or EPtA while still packing two TTs, an HE, and the options of a PH/TSS or RSP/Aux2Strut when fighting Tholians in Azure Nebula, aka the bore you to death absolutely no actual threat NPCs just blows my mind.

Rant escalate!

Now I understand it is actually because Cryptic puts in various systems and mechanics (crew) that have been broken for years, as in don't do jack in actual gameplay, then even release all kinds of new toys for them (doffs/sets/etc) solely for the purpose of trapping the unaware into traps of suboptimal setups because the actual documentation for the game is absolutely awful.

Rant over
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781