Captain
# 111
06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Right, I don't think Ezri had any choice. But I wonder what Dax's opinion of it was? I wonder if some of the confusion we saw in Ezri Dax wasn't just Ezri's, but Dax also being less than comfortable with what had happened. Maybe even seeing it as an ethical problem...or even feeling guilty.
I think the change of host was much needed, and something they should've done in Season 4, as that was when I felt Jadzia started to get tedious, but I think the way it was handled was wrong. I don't think Dax would have felt guilty, but probably felt regret that Starfleet felt its knowledge was worth inflicting on Ezri...
Captain
# 112
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
And now that I think about it, multiple incarnations of Dax (before Ezri) were quite selfish. Jadzia, Curzon, and Joran were all IMO selfish. So I start wondering if Dax would care at all about what it put Ezri through.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Rihannsu
# 113
06-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Well, as I said previously, Zizania was probably more comfortable with Ibalei than with another host due to the fact that he had expressed a desire to be joined with her. Also, Zizania is probably a lot less selfish than Dax was, given that the previous hosts were in law enforcement, engineering, and, for the last host before Ibalei, diplomatic corps, all occupations that tend to lend themselves to selflessness, so that could also help explain the Symbiont's more "background" attitude to how he interacts with Ibalei.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 114 Final Update
06-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Update

Here is my completed story. Read and review.

Point out errors, I don't bite!
Captain
# 115
06-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
And now that I think about it, multiple incarnations of Dax (before Ezri) were quite selfish. Jadzia, Curzon, and Joran were all IMO selfish. So I start wondering if Dax would care at all about what it put Ezri through.
I think Dax would have felt regret, especially as the blending to Ezri was so discordant, but I doubt it felt any kind of personal responsibility or guilt, as the decision was made by Starfleet, not at Dax's request. Equally, I think Odan showed the kind of blending Jedda would have feared the most: Three observed hosts, with no variation in personality, so all under complete control of the symbiont :-\
Captain
# 116
06-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aten66 View Post
Update

Here is my completed story. Read and review.

Point out errors, I don't bite!
An interesting conclusion in Underland
Captain
# 117
06-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Right, I've just added the first half of my own entry. Hopefully I'll be able to post the rest of it before the deadline.
Captain
# 118
06-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Right, I've just added the first half of my own entry. Hopefully I'll be able to post the rest of it before the deadline.
That was in-tense! Can't wait to read the conclusion
Captain
# 119
06-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
I like this so far. Very tense...More...want more....
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Captain
# 120
06-23-2013, 03:13 PM
@ ambassadormolari - Please let us know if you added anything to what you already posted. You have a lot up already and if a line was added for the sake of new material ... well ... I'd like some warning

@ aten66 - Very interesting idea! if I had a suggestion it would be to explain Gregs' motivation to allow a crewed shuttle to go into the wormhole. At first he said it was too risky, then in one sentence he allowed the shuttle visit without justification other than taking "Z's request into consideration. Z's reasoning seems unwarranted related to the risk. I dunno, Gregs' sudden reversal really caught me by surprise so maybe I'm seeing things differently. Other than that I think your idea was very "trekkie"
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene