Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
06-20-2013, 11:58 AM
One of my podcast co-hosts always used to go mysteriously deaf whenever anyone brought up Star Trek V. Now, however, because he enjoys Nimbus III so much, he has been forced to acknowledge its existence.

So, ironically, Cryptic has now done more positive work for Star Trek V than the movie is able to do for itself, haha!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-20-2013, 03:00 PM
I think the best part about the zone is the frequent zone events awarding 60 dilithium apiece. Requires no real effort, just being near the right place at the right time, for a small but always useful reward. With them popping up what seems to be all the time, it's a nice little addition. Nausicaan dialog pops up, run out and shoot a few pirates, then go back to whatever you were doing with an extra 60 dilithium.

And the "duel" was the corniest darn thing ever. So awesome.

Have not tried out the dailies yet after hearing the one was bugged, though. Also have not yet been brave enough to fan dance...

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
Career Officer
# 13
06-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmatt View Post
I think the best part about the zone is the frequent zone events awarding 60 dilithium apiece...

And the "duel" was the corniest darn thing ever. So awesome.

Have not tried out the dailies yet after hearing the one was bugged, though. Also have not yet been brave enough to fan dance...
I too love those little 60 Dil Events. They're GREAT little treats.

The Duel WAS corny, AND teh awesome! LOL... Just needed a tumbleweed to blow through before they actually pulled their weapons. HA!

I think I had a mission bug the first time I ran it, but it could just has easily been user error, as trying to find things on the zoomed-in city map was tricky to me sometimes. So I ran out of time. Once I figured out exactly what I was looking for, I've since run it 100% successfully. >shrug<

As for the dancing? Dude... Ya gotta.

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. RIP Terry Pratchett. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 06-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
They captured it quite well from the movie.. Didnt think much of the missions - a little generic.. At least we were spared the site of a granny dancing in front of the moon
Career Officer
# 15
06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ighten View Post
They captured it quite well from the movie.. Didnt think much of the missions - a little generic.. At least we were spared the site of a granny dancing in front of the moon
Surprised they haven't made an emote out of that yet.
Captain
# 16
06-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Nimbus are how the story missions should have been from the beginning. I'm really hoping this setup of doing several things out of a hub, with random little side-pop ups is used as a template for any expansion to that element of the game going forward. There's dozens of planets just sittin' around. Develop 6 of them over the next couple years to be like Nimbus and this is a significantly more interesting game.

Leave that totally linear feeling stuff to the Foundry. Developers have now proven they are capable of upping the bar.

Big approval on Nimbus III for me.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 06-22-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Lieutenant
# 17
06-22-2013, 10:11 PM
That duel scene was a bit cheesy. It would have been better if two things were included...

1. Western sounding music.
2. A tumbleweed....
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
Surprised they haven't made an emote out of that yet.

Dont give them ideas.. It will appear in the Zen store and then we wont be able to move on Nimbus for dancing grannies
Lieutenant
# 19
06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I'd like it better if I could actually finish Installation 18, hopefully by next month they'll get around to fixing the bug.
Career Officer
# 20
06-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motito78 View Post
the bad thing about nimbus 3 is the Orion Contraband daily, that mission gets bugged half the time, the upper right part of the city seems like you have 50% change of the object to not be counted
I have encountered this bug a couple times. It hasn't been anywhere near 50% failure rate though... I've been visiting Nimbus nearly every day for almost two weeks with over a half-dozen toons (I like the Dailies here, good/easy/quick source of dil). There is a particular "stack of boxes" that doesn't count, so when that comes up in the mix, you're going to fail. Fortunately there are at least four configurations that I've seen for this mission. These appear randomly, and the other three work fine. Overall failure rate for me has been less than 20%, I'd estimate.

Annoying? Yes. But with the other two Dil dailies, it's still worth visiting Nimbus when I'm grinding Dil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelias1 View Post
I'd like it better if I could actually finish Installation 18, hopefully by next month they'll get around to fixing the bug.
The first time I did I18 was with my main character, Havelock, and he's a Fed. I had no problems completing the mission.

But, based on Zone chat, I've learned the mission is now bugged and requires Tovan Khev to be available to talk to his sister to complete the mission (ie only Romulans can complete I18 at this point).

I expect they will get it fixed eventually. Until they do, there is this work around: Team up with a properly allied Romulan player.

My I18 second run was post-bug and with my Fed-aligned Romulan. I was about to enter I18 and a previously-unknown Fed player asked if they could come along to get past the bug. Sure. We teamed-up, she let me take my time and read/enjoy the mission, and when we completed the mission (thanks to my Tovan to bypass the bug), this Fed player got credit too.

Hope that helps!

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. RIP Terry Pratchett. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.