Lieutenant
# 81
04-10-2013, 09:33 PM
i miss the opvp channel

-Red Lantern
Ensign
# 82
05-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I am here from beta and opvp was always channel what i read and learn a lot ,now i will try to find time to help and be more active on channel.
Lt. Commander
# 83
06-20-2013, 07:11 AM
New player here and I jumped in this channel from day 1. By the time I hit 50, I had a really good grasp of the game mechanics just by lurking. I suggest all new players check it out
Lieutenant
# 84 Big PVP
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Monday Night Big PVP X up people

@jpf

Gorn of the dead

S.O.B , Gorn Foundation , La Famillia

Last edited by jpf2012; 06-23-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Lieutenant
# 85 opvp
07-16-2013, 05:45 PM
just gotta say love this channel just did 3 big pvp's another one was was popping before i had to leave , i really think we are the only hope for pvp in sto

have fun kill bad guys

p.s horizon is cool with me saying that
Lieutenant
# 86 tuesday big pvp
07-29-2013, 05:42 PM
once again gorn foundation will be hosting a big pvp tuesday night gmt x up

have fun kill feds

ps where are my kdf people at????

SOB/ La Famillia/ Gorn Foundation/ Hobo

Last edited by jpf2012; 07-29-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Captain
# 87
08-02-2013, 04:45 AM
You know, I generally try to support the OPvP channel by recommending it to folks for help...

...but at times, it's worse than ESD/Drozana/ol' DS9/etc/etc/etc.

Topics of discussion in the past 15-20 minutes?
Money is meaningless
Eugenics
Non-consensual sex
Would you let somebody bang your wife for $3m?
Sarah Palin's genitalia

When the mods are around, sure - there might be the odd joke made and even non-PvP talk taking place...but when they're not around, it can be a case of flipping tabs.

Don't get me wrong, I've made my share of odd jokes - said stupid things - but some of the crap said in there is unbelievably crass. It makes it hard to recommend the channel to anybody or even admit that I've ever heard of the channel...the behavior of a few reflects so poorly on others that would have more folks check the channel out, get more involved in PvP, and try to show Cryptic there's a source of revenue there so they make the investment in PvP.

...meh.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Captain
# 88
08-02-2013, 04:50 AM
I was once interested to know what was happening in OPvP.

Not anymore - it's become a soapbox for the Braggarts, buffoons and other usual suspects who think that the more they are heard the better they are.

Its crude, obnoxious, and generally immature to the degree of me wanting to gouge out my eyes with a screwdrivers so I don't need to see it anymore.
Captain
# 89
08-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I was once interested to know what was happening in OPvP.

Not anymore - it's become a soapbox for the Braggarts, buffoons and other usual suspects who think that the more they are heard the better they are.

Its crude, obnoxious, and generally immature to the degree of me wanting to gouge out my eyes with a screwdrivers so I don't need to see it anymore.
That's the thing. I'm not normally in there at this time of day. Like I said, there might be some buffoonery - some RP trolling (not naming and shaming) - some fleet arguments - but it's mainly folks talking builds/gear, trying to put together groups, talking about what Cryptic's doing, etc, etc, etc...a little social and a lot of PvP-related.

This morning though...yeah, I could see reaching for the screwdriver.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Captain
# 90
08-02-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
That's the thing. I'm not normally in there at this time of day. Like I said, there might be some buffoonery - some RP trolling (not naming and shaming) - some fleet arguments - but it's mainly folks talking builds/gear, trying to put together groups, talking about what Cryptic's doing, etc, etc, etc...a little social and a lot of PvP-related.

This morning though...yeah, I could see reaching for the screwdriver.
You should have seen the day before. There was some heated trash talk going on about certain "assisted" gameplay scenarios and the amount of insults and trash talk was mind-blowing. It lasted for about 2 hours.

I'm sure that where I logged off, I heard a sigh of relief.

I sometimes wonder if the PvP community are not really just the source of the problem. After reading the ingratitude of most people on this thread, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-02-2013 at 05:11 AM.