Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
# 21
06-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinzual View Post
I don't want free purples, but I do want to get DOFFs from the same branch, only better. Like if I put in 5 Diplomats, I'll get 1 diplomat of the next grade, 5 Quartersmasters for 1 next tier Quartermaster.... and let me get to select from a pool of randomly chosen purple QMs. Throwing away 5 pretty decent QMs for 1 purple who has traits that conflict with eachother and likely create a Disaster/Failure more likely to happen just drive me up the wall.

It's 5k Dilithium, very easy to get during a day, but the cap being 8k refined makes it more of a hassle than it's worth.
If not the same type (or a random choice between the ones you submitted, if they are different types) then at least from the same category... like if I choose to reassign 4 security category, and 1 science category, I shouldn't get back a cook. Make it a 4 out of 5 chance to get a security back, and a 1 out of 5 chance to get a science.

Or, make it out of 6 chance. I reassign 5 of the above, 4 sec, 1 sci, and I get a 4 out of 6 chance for a sec type, and a 1 out of 6 chance for a sci, with a 1 out of 6 chance for a wildcard, one of any type. That would give a reasonable chance of getting something back in the same fields, but also a chance that one of your preferred requests isn't available, and you get whoever is available.

-- Smoov
Captain
# 22
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
If not the same type (or a random choice between the ones you submitted, if they are different types) then at least from the same category... like if I choose to reassign 4 security category, and 1 science category, I shouldn't get back a cook. Make it a 4 out of 5 chance to get a security back, and a 1 out of 5 chance to get a science.

Or, make it out of 6 chance. I reassign 5 of the above, 4 sec, 1 sci, and I get a 4 out of 6 chance for a sec type, and a 1 out of 6 chance for a sci, with a 1 out of 6 chance for a wildcard, one of any type. That would give a reasonable chance of getting something back in the same fields, but also a chance that one of your preferred requests isn't available, and you get whoever is available.

-- Smoov
This would ruin it for me. I sell the useful categories and grind my blue/green chefs and bartenders into food. If I could only get back chefs and bartenders I'd never use it again.

Still, as it stands I find it very useful however the code is wonky where it relates to bound doffs. White and green bound doffs cannot be used. Bound blues can. Why?

Also on the cost, here's how I view it. right now 1k dil turned into uncomon unreps sells for 124k EC. thus 5 sell for 600k

turning 5 crap blues (valued 80k to 110k each) into a purple and selling it for 1m gives a profit of very close but a bit below the value of the unreps. If you get lucky it is higher. And I have been doing this for a while. You can also get screwed and end up with something only worth 400k and actually lose both EC and dil. But then again I also sold one for 20m. Over more than 200 purple doff sales I've turned a profit.

If they reduce the price they shouldn't reduce it too much.

As for resolve... No, never. Purple doffs don't exists solely for the chance to craft consoles and they should never alter an entire system just around one tiny portion of the process like that. Far better would be to add a new officer exchange with a race that runs an 80% chance for resolve as the first trait.
Commander
# 23
06-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
This would ruin it for me. I sell the useful categories and grind my blue/green chefs and bartenders into food. If I could only get back chefs and bartenders I'd never use it again.
They could probably allow for both... One reassign which is a little cheaper, that would return a higher doff of any type at random, and one reassign which is a little more expensive, that would return a higher doff with a greater chance of matching the categories that were submitted?

Perhaps it could be done in the departments. Use the officer at the academy, and you have the chance to get anything. Use the officer in, say, engineering, and you have an increased chance to get an engineer category.

Giving us the choice of both, would probably make everyone happy...

(well, ok, almost everyone... seems some of us are never happy no matter what )

-- Smoov

Last edited by smoovious; 06-11-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Captain
# 24
06-17-2013, 03:00 AM
I only use it to free up space with the bonus of a green. It is cheaper dil wise than buying the extra slots. I then use the uselss ones for those exchange DOFF missions that sometimes pop up and the refugee missions to as I do have a few of them from this. It's how I slowly converted from whites and greens to blue and purple DOFFs using the exchange to get cheap purple to turn into three blues and keep some of the purples as they are still useful.

Other than that I do find it useless as an upgrade system. I do think it needs looking at again either for the rewards or the cost.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2013, 05:26 AM
From OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Ever since Season 7 started and the dilithium price got hiked up people lost any motivation to turn in.
Nothing more left to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
In its present state, the assignment is useless. It needs one of the following tweaks.
1) Guarantee doffs with the Resolve trait since the dil plus potential EC lost on not selling the blue doffs is so high (750,000-5,000,000 depending on the mix of doffs)
2) Lower the dil cost back down to something much more reasonable.
The latter, or they'll break also the Exchange with a flood of Resolve doffs that will make again more convenient to simply buy them with ECs.

Just like it is now, there is no reason to waste outrageous quantity of gold on random crap while we can get exactly what we want with an over-inflated currency that need some serious sinking.

Also there is no need to complicate matter more while the problem is simple: cost is too high, please reduce it.

There has to be a cost, but this is simply too much it breaks the feature.

The doff system as a whole got scammed because of it, the ability to upgrade doffs via doffing itself is lost.

It is not true there was not a cost: time was the cost. It needed time to get purple, a lot of to make enough of them.

You can have enough whites to make a few green each day, but it takes days to have enough to have a single purple.

And you cannot simply turn in all the doffs for a few purple, better say a few copies of the same, to end up with an empty roster and no doffing capability for days again.

(you can't run them all with a few purple Biologist and Research Lab Scientist, given the randomness of the crap you receive, always the same even with disaster traits)

Just keep in mind the rate for the exchange white/purple is still 125/1.

And it take many days to make that quantity.

Now multiply that for 100 roster slots (at least)

and add to that the fact you are wanting to keep many green (at least) to continue doffing in the meanwhile, thus slowing the pace even more.

And you now see there WAS a cost, just and fair, to upgrade doffs, time.

And we read all over the place that time is considered by devs like a sort of currency for which

"rewards are attributed related to game time with costant checking and calculating to adjust" and all that jazz.

I think several time spent on doffing should be enough to have your doffs upgraded with no any more cost other than the time you devoted to the game.

I play by a year now, with a lot of doffing, and it's not like I had a full roster of purple before the change: I had only a couple, random received

(since seeing random ones were crap not worth 5 blues alone) .

So I am never been a "compactor". So why did I got this treatment?

Maybe you should have considered more precise intervention such as limiting the quantity of doffs you can turn in per time.

This could have been easily achieved by making the assignment recharge every 24 hours, cooling it down just like the recruitment ones to prevent misuse.

But no, this would have limited the dilithium sink capacity of the move. Like not enough were coming with the Fleet system. A shame.

Facts make us right, just right now the feature is abandones because unconvenient to say the least.

SO unless this was intentional it has to be changed back.

Problem is by that time it's been long clear it was intentional,

considering the concomitance of the fleet system: now fleets are your supposed source of purple.

So you basically got 3 pidgeons with a rock with

(a) forcing people to burn massive quantity of doffs in the fever minutes before the update short before they will become valuable (as contributions to fleets) and sold with money.

(b) give importance to the fleet as a source of doffs in the simplest, dumbest way possible - eliminating doffing itself from the list.

(c) taking away just more dilithium in the process thanks to those that seem to don't know what dilithium is for (I wouldn't want to be in their place when they'll discover)

So a long anticipated, promoted, beloved, successful and celebrated system - Doff system - has been basically destroyed on the altar of a new one - the Fleet one.

Which makes me wonder and fear for what will happen to the Fleet system itself the next round...

Why you cannot simply integrate the systems you add thinking about compatibility?

Why you broke existing content to add new, and repeat?

Ah, yeah, it cost so much less work and rewards more. Why bother? It's not like this community (read: costumers) is so full of hatred...

Too long, reduced down: the feature is broken by excessive cost: reduce them. Lower the greed by some degree.

The game has already enough (read: too much) dilithium sinks. No need for adding to the doff system too.

You could have saved the elargition of dilithium rewarded by the Mine (and replaced with something related to development, dunno, special doffs were enough) if you had not took too many.

Dilithium cost of doff exchange has to be lowered back to reasonable amounts, near the original amount.

This is what my sig stands for (and will remain until that day).
About the rest, please bring back doff system alive as it was prior to dilithium extortion on academy services.
Republic Veteran
# 26
07-10-2013, 05:21 PM
They could change the cost to be in Unrefined Ore instead of Refined Ore.
Rihannsu
# 27
07-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
They could change the cost to be in Unrefined Ore instead of Refined Ore.
If it HAD to cost dil I could atleast go for that BUT refined ore NEVER. much better ways to get the doffs you need than doing it this way and spending your hard earned refined dil
Lieutenant
# 28
07-11-2013, 01:51 AM
slash the Reassign costs by 1/5 . . . 100 / 500 / 1000

the current dil costs are just plain nuts
Rihannsu
# 29
07-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by article001 View Post
slash the Reassign costs by 1/5 . . . 100 / 500 / 1000

the current dil costs are just plain nuts
Lol wut? That's close to what they changed them from...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 30
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Lol wut?

Increasing the cost by a factor of 5 seemed reasonable to you?