# 81
06-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Earlier in the thread he said he used nothing but word and paint
Career Officer
# 82
06-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerne1127 View Post
I like the idea of setting it up so you can print them 9 per sheet like cards, then you can move em around and compare side by side, and waiting with baited breath for the rest of the klingon chart
Funny you should mention the Klingon chart. The completed version will be uploaded tomorrow.

Sorry for the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiichi2032 View Post
Holy frakking crap.... this is amazing.

Nevermind accuracy or service providing, but the sheer effort of putting this together, and layout of abilities and specifications in such a way... its absolutely beautiful (from one artist to another).

What program did you use? I wanted to say Photoshop, but the lines seemed a bit too clean. Did you do this in Illustrator?
Thanks for the compliments. I enjoy making these.

I only use MS Paint and MS Word. Word to create the ship frame with the stats, which I then screen dump into Paint, crop and then copy and paste it into the larger rank block, which is again in Paint. I then assemble the rank blocks to make a new version (which is all I need to do tomorrow to complete the KDF chart).

The design isn't in the same league as Spidermitches charts, but I made it like this so it's easy to update and maintain. I thought the easier I made it for myself, the more likely I would be to update them.

Many thanks again.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Ensign
# 83
06-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Out of curiosity I converted the fed ship chart to PDF and looked to see how many sheets would print to do it full size, 190 pages, 10 sheets by 19 sheets, I would love to be able to help make pdfs of 9 ships per page, but you would need to put required rank for the ship in the picture, so if you cut it into cards you would still have that, as I said I can convert to pdf and scale it for you, I just need the pictures with the 9 ships per page in a landscape format
Career Officer
# 84
06-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerne1127 View Post
Out of curiosity I converted the fed ship chart to PDF and looked to see how many sheets would print to do it full size, 190 pages, 10 sheets by 19 sheets, I would love to be able to help make pdfs of 9 ships per page, but you would need to put required rank for the ship in the picture, so if you cut it into cards you would still have that, as I said I can convert to pdf and scale it for you, I just need the pictures with the 9 ships per page in a landscape format
That's a lot of pages! I had no idea it was that big.

Thanks for the offer of help, I really appreciate it. I have considered adding in the rank to each ship specifically for the card printing idea, and also for a screensaver too. I don't know when I would get around to it, but I would need to add the rank into each frame first before doing either of those things.

Hmmm... That's probably going to be the next big update to the charts I think. I can't see me doing that for a while though.

Ensign
# 85
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Well let me know, you can pm me on this site and I can send you my email for any collaberations, I may be able to help, I did send you a friend request. In fact I would just need the pics of the individual ships with rank added, or tiar, like tier 1 2 3 4 5 5.1 and fleet, then I can arrange them and make pdfs

Last edited by kerne1127; 06-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Captain
# 86
06-24-2013, 12:41 PM
New signature, new content?

Star, what are you planing?
Career Officer
# 87
06-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
New signature, new content?

Star, what are you planing?
LOL!

I just made several new signatures, including this one for the pets. I thought it would be kind of fun.

Career Officer
# 88
06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Updated to version 3.3
http://starfish1.co.uk/chart1.jpg

Added the Risian Corvette

Also updated the previously mentioned version 1a for those that can't open the full chart.

Any issues, let me know.

Ensign
# 89
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Well I was bored so I started putting you ship charts into word in a 3x3 pattern, it worked great except for one thing, not printable. Due to the fact it's a black background it 1. uses too much ink and 2. not easaly visible once printed
Career Officer
# 90
07-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Updated to version 3.4
http://starfish1.co.uk/chart1.jpg

Updated the Risian corvette images
Added the Suliban Cell Ship

Also updated version 1b (links below) for those that can't open the full chart.

Any issues, let me know.

The upper half for those who have issues opening the full version
http://starfish1.co.uk/chart1a.jpg

The lower half for those who have issues opening the full version
http://starfish1.co.uk/chart1b.jpg

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Starfish1