Empire Veteran
# 11
06-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
FACEPALM

100% shield bypass, and deals a damage type that has nothing to do with space or space resistance types, and and be dispersal patterned. WTF were they thinking. transphasic mines what? pointless compared to this. it bypassing shields is a joke, and it should be dealing energy damage
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 12
06-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
*in my best Sulu voice* My....GOD!

That is ridiculous. The second time that was used on that cruiser, BOOM, dead within just a couple clicks of damage. That is insane, and if they hit, there is NO way to resist that physical damage (which explains why the CE can hurt so much on it's shock wave thing).

That's just astoundingly over the top. Even without tac buffs, all you need is those on a DPB 3. Anything else is just fluff really.

The fact that it is physical damage means that there is NOTHING you can do to resist these, nothing. You can't GET physical resist damage (so far as I know).

Though part of this has to be a bug, those shields didn't even budge, they shouldn't at least moved a little no matter what. So that means that they are to start with, ignoring their 50% bleedthrough (which would technically be 55-60% bleedthrough, but still). Maybe they should be changed to normal kinetic damage, then it won't be so bad except for that stun/hold.

Captain
# 13
06-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Those are crazy levels right there. Stun for that length of time was bad enough. However, once tac-buffed, dealing those amounts of damage right through the shields is plain awful. It's like tricobalt mine dispersals all over again....with an even longer stun. And you don't even have to crit to kill someone with those....

And I heard in the background - 44k dps in the pet spam section, which logs those mines. 44k dps is already pretty high, and in this case straight to hull....yep, these are unnerfed Tricobalt Mines Mk 100.

There was someone recently in the General Discussion area bragging about using those mines in Kerrat and qq-ing the BoPs. Talk about using a crutch.

Anyway, balance pass needed very badly.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.

Take it easy!
Rihannsu
# 14
06-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Those are crazy levels right there. Stun for that length of time was bad enough. However, once tac-buffed, dealing those amounts of damage right through the shields is plain awful. It's like tricobalt mine dispersals all over again....with an even longer stun. And you don't even have to crit to kill someone with those....

And I heard in the background - 44k dps in the pet spam section, which logs those mines. 44k dps is already pretty high, and in this case straight to hull....yep, these are unnerfed Tricobalt Mines Mk 100.

There was someone recently in the General Discussion area bragging about using those mines in Kerrat and qq-ing the BoPs. Talk about using a crutch.

Anyway, balance pass needed very badly.
and the series continues: In the exciting LoR premiere episode you find the previously nerfed and said to be op PSW stun return with a vengance. Naturally the series' hero, the amazing tac/scort can now stun you for longer times then any sci/sci ever could.
*Spoiler alert* Maybe PSW stun chains aren't really trying to make a comback, could it be tric mines 2.0 tune in and find out. Don't forget to bring you APA.

Good Job cryptic, just delete the friggin trinity and get on with it.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 15
06-24-2013, 02:10 AM
That video showed it quite well, although that's tame compared to what I've seen in PvP being used.
A lot of premades using them too.
So on that note, whilst I normally shun the use of broken stuff, these I'm going to go for. Why?
Well it appears to be ok for PvP fleets to use them so why shouldn't I? Especially to remain slightly competitive.
Lieutenant
# 16
06-24-2013, 02:20 AM
at least Web Mines are available to everyone, not like 5 crit boff setup only for romulan players
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansamurai1 View Post
After seeing you other thread, I think it might well have been. I think we were in one tonight at the same time.

It got worse later on as well.
It was that bad that even Entrax himself was forced to leave a match along with the rest of our team.

lol entrax even left?

ive played with and against him, hes good player, nice guy
Rihannsu
# 18
06-24-2013, 08:09 AM
I am wondering how much the Web mines do with out the GDF but the other Tac buffs.

Because obviously GDF at the levels in the Vid were going to push damage up pretty high.

Not that I am not saying that those mines are nuts, but ya know.. not everyone will be waiting for GDF to drop them that low (And be able to) for that super moment of OPness.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 19
06-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
lol entrax even left?

ive played with and against him, hes good player, nice guy
Yep.
I enjoy it when he's on my team, this time though, we were forced to leave due to the ridiculousness of the other team!
Captain
# 20
06-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Uggh...I had to leave a kerrat instance due to these...a huge group of feds were just dropping them at spawn and theres no escape - once caught, its over in my bop..and should you respawn...the webs left where they know you'll spawn will grab you before you can move!

I accept kerrat spam - ewp, ams, emp - the whole shebang..but this...this is no fun - I am not going to fork out 1500 dil (plus items/doffs) a throw for a consumable just to defeat this weapon (noting the mine itself is not consumable..)

Of course maybe thats the point...to make you pay for the ability to not be affected by them...