Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
06-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
3) If you want to get rid of a bound doff, throw him to the personnel officer for 3 lower tier ones. Sometimes the 3 blue are worth more in EC than the purple one you put in.
This actually doesn't work, at least not for F2P/Silver players. Which I really don't like because I have a tone of bound greens I'd love to trade in for a rare, but cannot.
Captain
# 12
06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I don't have any problems with them getting bound. It's just a normal mmo mechanic, just like gear is bound or becomes bound when you equip it. OP is making way to much of a deal out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsteele View Post
This actually doesn't work, at least not for F2P/Silver players. Which I really don't like because I have a tone of bound greens I'd love to trade in for a rare, but cannot.
It works with those doffs that are bound after equipping them and has nothing to do with being F2P. What you can't up- or downgrind are doffs that you purchased from Ferra, either with dilithium or your commendation rank-up token.
Empire Veteran
# 13
06-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
3) If you want to get rid of a bound doff, throw him to the personnel officer for 3 lower tier ones. Sometimes the 3 blue are worth more in EC than the purple one you put in.
I have a lot of bound blue and green doffs and I can't exchange them for lower doffs or for a better one. I can only dismiss them.