Ensign
# 61
06-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I have a recommendation, if I may. I didn't see this one mentioned or on the list.

"The Interwarp Experiment" is simply amazing. The story was great, the level layout was excellent (not too big, no issues with stuck BOffs). He provides some great role play options and backgrounds. And it had that "Star Trek Episode" feel to it.

With no insult meant to any of the other wonderful missions already on this list, this is the best Foundry mission I've played.
Career Officer
# 62
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifterrik23 View Post
I have a recommendation, if I may. I didn't see this one mentioned or on the list.

"The Interwarp Experiment" is simply amazing. The story was great, the level layout was excellent (not too big, no issues with stuck BOffs). He provides some great role play options and backgrounds. And it had that "Star Trek Episode" feel to it.

With no insult meant to any of the other wonderful missions already on this list, this is the best Foundry mission I've played.
I'll second this. Great mission!
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Ensign
# 63
07-09-2013, 07:01 AM
I greatly enjoyed, "The Sky Above, The Clouds Below" (I don't see it listed here strangely, I did see it on the forums somewhere). It may have been before they turned reviews back on. It captured (as close as an MMO mission can) the feel of playing in my own Star Trek episode and it really felt like Star Trek to me, rather than generic space MMO with Star Trek ships. A well done mission.

Do note that it does a lot of story telling away from your ship and captain by beaming you to the surface. The effect was a little jarring at first (I wasn't sure if my captain was actually there or if I, the player, was observing other events- it turned out it was the latter). Once I figured it out, I actually was interested in the NPCs and what happened, always a good sign of a good story.

Lastly, I have to say that the quality of the missions I've tried has been great. I've had fun in all of them. I'm a relative newcomer to STO, but I played City of Heroes when they first released their editor (may it rest in peace) and the quality here is as good if not a little better. Yes there are farms, but I find a lot of good little story missions and I really appreciate the effort that went into them. So, thanks!
Ensign
# 64 Thank You Authors!
08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
I just want to express my gratitude to those Foundry authors who have taken the time to tell Star Trek stories. Many of my favorite moments of STO occured while playing these Player created missions.

For example the dialog at the the Climax of the currently spotlighted "Sword of the Kuvoh' Mogh" is hilarious and tongue in cheek. THe Klingon first officer comments to his commander that his "Morale is not at 100%" When you face him in battle you will see what he meant! The first time I saw it I had to respawn because he killed my entire landing party while I laughed my head off.

There is a lot of creativity out there and they share for the sheer love of this game and franchise.

Live Long and Prosper Authors!
Lieutenant
# 65
09-15-2013, 08:18 AM
At last a full list of foundry episodes! Thanks for the great work kirkfat.
Anyway, I do think it would be the right time for a foundry search engine update, right Brandon? As it is now, 99% of the missions go left unchecked as you dont know their titles (despite kirkfat's awesome work there are so many foundry missions left in darkness) and if you try to filter them in any ways you still get just an incredibly small part of all the UGC. That's really bad, as I do believe The Foundry could be used as a kind of "magnete" for other Star Trek fans and/or players that would enjoy playing Trek-like missions: some of them are incredibly well written. It would be kind of you putting that in your to-do list (and give us at least a confirmation on this thread)
Captain
# 66
12-08-2013, 05:42 PM
I really need to update this list. Can anyone help me? Any new missions/spotlight/kind podcast reviews, etc.
Captain
# 67
12-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhunter1 View Post
I'll second this. Great mission!
Added. Thanks.
Empire Veteran
# 68
12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
You should try checking out "Of Morals and Ethics" by @Voporak.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 69
12-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Forgot the author but A Radio blast from the past and Contamination by evil70th are both great. I also enjoyed the sky above me the clouds below.

I am also quite proud of my own mission: A time to search (All missions are Fed) It has positive reviews by Zorbane, Evil70th and an upcoming one by priority one.

It is sad that most of these missions do not appear in the foundry listings.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 12-13-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Lieutenant
# 70
12-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Now that we have romulans and there are some romulan-exclusive foundry missions incoming, it'd be good to make a new section exclusively for rommies