Lt. Commander
# 1151
12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
First off...

Eve Online boring? Its simply that some people that come to try it have never experianced the freedom of choice it offers. Diplomacy, piracy, politics, PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY, conquests, espionage the list goes on and on and on i could be on this soap box for days. Most people simply don't have the patience or imagination it takes to get the most out of it.

STO will not even scratch the surface of what eve can provide... oh and i wonder if the expansions for this are going to be completely free too?

Secondly...

I'm not dissing this at all, i can completely agree with the people out there who are tired of the swords and sorcery stuff. It will not replace Eve, i just want something different and I'm not going to play WoW clones for the sake of that.

Lastly...

Star Wars galaxies comparison to Eve was totally fail, you don't have a clue what you're on about mate. Played SWG and it blows, big time. Probably why its dead now.

Anyway...

I signed up for the beta, hoping its a fun diversion. But if they can do this well it will be epic.
Lt. Commander
# 1152
12-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I think STO will be the new MMO in very short time. I'm so excited!
Lt. Commander
# 1153
12-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorion
To those EVE players. I tried it for 2 months and that is without a doubt the worst mmo ever. Boring and totally not enjoyable at all. enough said.
Hurry up February 2nd, 2010
Just because the game doesn't spoon feed you everything in kiddy land with swords and trolls doesn't mean that the game is "the worst mmo EVAR!11one!111!!" Go here and destroy 10 widgets isn't fun. Its called work. Games allow you to DO ANYTHING. You can't get that anywhere in the industry besides EVE. Granted, it does have its issues and I don't play the game anymore. But it does take a certain drive.
Lt. Commander
# 1154
12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Pfft SWG was the best open MMO until Eve showed. The fact that they redesigned it from the ground up is why it blows, before that best sandbox ever.
Lt. Commander
# 1155
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorion
I believe STO will surpass them all. Oh, by the way, the original, not the nerfed version, of SWG, set the benchmarks for space mmo's. SWG put EVE in the back seat as far as that goes.
But, my fault, STO is the subject here and it will reign supreme.
But during the original build there was no space game at all it was all on the planets. So comparing SWG original to STO is not a good one in my opinion. The only real space game out there that I know of is E.V.E.
Lt. Commander
# 1156
12-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithius
First off...

Eve Online boring? Its simply that some people that come to try it have never experianced the freedom of choice it offers. Diplomacy, piracy, politics, PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY, conquests, espionage the list goes on and on and on i could be on this soap box for days. Most people simply don't have the patience or imagination it takes to get the most out of it.
Nothing wrong with EVE... it's a great MMO. But it's not everyone's taste since everything is so cut-throat with player-driven factions, a strong PvP focus (PvE is horrid), and never being able to see your character. That's why the people who don't play it just don't like it. But it has a very clean and efficient client with true freedom for a space/sci-fi MMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithius
STO will not even scratch the surface of what eve can provide... oh and i wonder if the expansions for this are going to be completely free too?
I agree. EVE is very open-ended, while STO will be much more restrictive. I hope that future expansions correct to some extent.

People are making a lot of comparisons, but in the end, STO is a very different breed MMO than EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 1157 Huh
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi Cryptic! Lifetime Champions subscriber here.

I'm finding you're been made acutely aware that not only was your initial wording about CO 6-month and lifetime subscriber access to closed beta unclear, you also chose not to actively notify these subscribers for clarification, either at point of purchase or following same. I just now became aware of this issue.

Among my friends I have a clutch of hardcore Star Trek nerds who've been waiting for my announcement of "closed beta day" to drop by, get a firsthand taste, and see if they're interested in subscribing. The result of your approach to this matter is now part of their impression. They've been champing at the bit (and by extension, me) for the past month, and news of this issue is not going down well.

It's possible you consider the hardcore fans who are eager to get any exposure, polished or otherwise, to be a significant potential part of your playerbase. Unfortunately for all parties involved, the first day of closed beta was this demographic's Launch Day.

TL,DR: I wield an exhaustive command of the English language's form and function; To your detriment, your existing Customer Service copywriters and their management team don't; With two weeks' notice, I'm available full-time.
Lt. Commander
# 1158
12-12-2009, 02:49 PM
If anyone from here were picked, who would not be there immediately!?
Lt. Commander
# 1159
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Its funny how some people are comparing SWG - EVE lol, the only thing they have in common is there MMo's.

I played EVE for 3 years and SWG for 2 and there nothing alike or should ever be compared to each other.

lol some people eh.
Lt. Commander
# 1160
12-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arylith View Post
If anyone from here were picked, who would not be there immediately!?
Me, I would rather wait then do closed beta.

Going to skip Beta too.

During this time I'm playing all the PC and Xbox games I need to catch up on before all I play is STOL for a very long time.