Starfleet Veteran
# 2271
06-26-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
That's just pathetic, why people don't stock up on repair parts is beyond me.
They are called instant admirals. They flew through the ranks and made admiral in about a week. Very common. They generally have no idea how to play the game and no interest in learning.
Captain
# 2272
06-26-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
They are called instant admirals. They flew through the ranks and made admiral in about a week. Very common. They generally have no idea how to play the game and no interest in learning.
As long as there is a core of professional players, there is still hope, the insta admirals need to realize that the more injuries you have, the more debuffs you have, in effect by not stocking up on repair parts, they are nerfing themselves

Mirror NX, you know you want it
Career Officer
# 2273
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Stupid ISE - got dumped into one of the worst fail's I've ever seen.

Assume someone must have bailed, because the scene when I arrived into this already in progress, and already an epic fail, mission was various fools getting smacked by spheres, having clearly failed miserably at any attempt to kill the generator. It was laughable - they were so inept, and so laughable a threat, that two spheres turned their attention to me. Killed them, but decided that playing the worlds longest instance of ISE wasn't worth the effort with that 'team' and took the leaver penalty.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 2274
06-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Oddly, I saw (and laughed at) a guy who had 20+ injuries on his ship, then later saw his ground toon on New Romulus - which also had piles of injuries!

W-T-F? Don't people notice all those de-buff icons?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 2275
06-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Just finished a pugmade from PublicEliteSTF. Worst pugmade I have ever been in.

First off, here's the team.
Me: Fleet Nova, built for CC/Partigen damage
Odyssey
Unknown Klingon cruiser (Bortas? Peghqu?)
Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer
Unknown ship

The first unknown ship quits or disconnects permanently, about thirty seconds into the match.

The rest of us don't have sufficient damage output to take out the cubes fast. MRRMLL doesn't work, and after 20 minutes of fighting, we couldn't hold Kang together, despite my chat box calls of "Heals to Kang!" and "Tac team to Kang!" Kang blows up.

None of them say a word, as they leave the map.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 2276
06-27-2013, 07:57 PM
A thread about our worst experiences?

Here is a sample of the more mundane nonsense I've experienced:

"Elite Kang" - I join a pick-up and find myself teamed with a four-player pre-made. They decided to sabotage the event when I refused to obey orders.

Nothing was more amusing in game that day than the barrage of messages to the effect of "[OH?! YOU WON'T DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD! WELL WE'LL SHOW YOU!]"

*laugh track here*
Lieutenant
# 2277
06-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Joined ISE half way through.. Knew it was gonna be hard as Nanite spheres everywhere, optional had gone & team members had, well, I've never seen so many Damage icons on ships!!

Headed out to the left, 3 gens down, helped clear up the spheres & was about to target and blow the 4th gen when I noticed the tell tale number rise over the cube on the right hand side!!

Yep, one of the muppets had started on the other side... Completely ignored local & team yells to stop.. then he switched targets & blew 2 of the gens on the other side!!!

Needless to say, Nanites were everywhere again (left side still hadn't been cleared at this point)!!!

I opted to take the leaver penalty at that point.. some people, you just can't help!!
__________________________________________________ ___

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

__________________________________________________ ___
Career Officer
# 2278
07-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Just finished a pugmade from PublicEliteSTF. Worst pugmade I have ever been in.

First off, here's the team.
Me: Fleet Nova, built for CC/Partigen damage
Odyssey
Unknown Klingon cruiser (Bortas? Peghqu?)
Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer
Unknown ship

The first unknown ship quits or disconnects permanently, about thirty seconds into the match.

The rest of us don't have sufficient damage output to take out the cubes fast. MRRMLL doesn't work, and after 20 minutes of fighting, we couldn't hold Kang together, despite my chat box calls of "Heals to Kang!" and "Tac team to Kang!" Kang blows up.

None of them say a word, as they leave the map.
Hope to see you in an STF someday - I use my Fleet Nova (Rhode Island skin) a LOT (though am using my Vesta at the moment, as just obtained the Elite Yellowstone Runabout hangar pets) and don't think I've ever seen another Fleet Nova in an STF.

Fleet alerts, I've seen one or two - but never in STF's.

Captain
# 2279
07-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Still debating between fleet and c-store version for the nova. I love the design though and i fly the regular one on tribble.
Career Officer
# 2280
07-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Still debating between fleet and c-store version for the nova. I love the design though and i fly the regular one on tribble.
I HIGHLY recommend the Fleet version - with the possible exception of the Vesta pack, it's the best purchase I ever made on STO.
Whilst the Vesta is superior, the Fleet Nova is still a very capable little, if often overlooked, ship and that Lt-Cmdr Tac BOFF is a great benefit to it.

I've done countless STF's in mine, primarily utilsing crowd control and debuffs (but that Lt-cmdr boff slot certainly helps when you do go on the offensive), and never once have I felt that I was a burden to the team. It's suprising just how good that little ship can be.