# 11
06-26-2013, 08:17 AM
But will it rotate?
Empire Veteran
# 12 Orly?
06-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
*Awaits numerous posts complaining about this blog not being about the Scimitar*
Yes, why again no blog about the Scim?...

You pulling a Valve now, Cryptic?

But seriously. a freighter?
Well some people will get it anyway, but was expecting something... more... let's hope it at least is animated in some form, but juging from the engine trails, it's not.

And again, any hint when we will see the first glimpse about the Scimitar/Falchion/Talwar Dreadnought and the mysterial "Dao" Flagship?

SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
Beta Tester
Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
Republic Veteran
# 13
06-26-2013, 08:35 AM
I expect a serious problem!

Where do you store the excess DOFFs from these packs with the 100 item mail-limit?

Academy grinder? (well, 5k Dilithium to grind 5 blues to 1 purple, so one max per day)
DOFF exchanges? (4 max per day)
Exchange? 40 Slots...
???
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
06-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemkane View Post
Yes, why again no blog about the Scim?...

You pulling a Valve now, Cryptic?

But seriously. a freighter?
Well some people will get it anyway, but was expecting something... more... let's hope it at least is animated in some form, but juging from the engine trails, it's not.
Something more? Some of us have been waiting for another freighter for a LONG LONG TIME!

We all have twenty million combat ships, frankly, there isn't much that would tempt me away from my Kumari or Bug, so I'm so so happy we finally get another utilitarian ship. This is what I was hoping the Risian Corvette would be!

Freighters rule! I've got more miles out of my tuffli than any other ship in the game - it's been my road to riches.
Career Officer
# 15
06-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow, those ground doffs are good.

I'm calling that Security Officer OP now. +300% Ambush damage (3x doffs), that should be 150% * (1 base + 3) = 600% extra damage? That's a lot. Being DoT will give the target a chance to heal, but I don't think a Hypo will be enough to counter that much damage over time.

Not to mention grenades not consuming Ambush but still getting its bonuses. Two ambushed grenades + 1 whatever Ambush hit is already looking insane in theory.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
06-26-2013, 08:41 AM
The Cell Ship looks quite cool... it's a shame it's not a combat ship and/or available in the C-store, then I'd buy it!
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
06-26-2013, 08:42 AM
So with the release of this pack, the exchange is going to crash yet again, because the price of commodities, artifacts (Powered and Un-powered) are going to fall through the floor! At this rate it'll be almost impossible to make ec with spending zen!

Last edited by sqwished; 06-26-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Wow, those ground doffs are good.

I'm calling that Security Officer OP now. +300% Ambush damage (3x doffs), that should be 150% * (1 base + 3) = 600% extra damage? That's a lot. Being DoT will give the target a chance to heal, but I don't think a Hypo will be enough to counter that much damage over time.

Not to mention grenades not consuming Ambush but still getting its bonuses. Two ambushed grenades + 1 whatever Ambush hit is already looking insane in theory.
The DoT would have to tick through your shields, which usually have better resistance values than your health. Pop the MACO shield heal for a good HoT to counter it (and more Shield DR to make the DoT weaker).

Currently, well built Tacticals can one shot people with an Ambushed Pulsewave. These doffs are more for pressure damage (either because you can't quite get that OSK or your enemies tend to be really good at not dieing).
Rihannsu
# 19
06-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwished View Post
So with the release of this pack, the exchange is going to crash yet again, because the price of commodities, artifacts (Powered and Un-powered) are going to fall through the floor! At this rate it'll be almost impossible to make and ec with spending zen!
I think you meant to say impossible to make EC without spending zen, and yeah, I think that's the point. Right now, I think that once my fleets mine is up enough my characters are just going to switch to that for making ec, dil to zen, then zen to EC via lock box keys.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 20
06-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenn1 View Post
I expect a serious problem!

Where do you store the excess DOFFs from these packs with the 100 item mail-limit?

Academy grinder? (well, 5k Dilithium to grind 5 blues to 1 purple, so one max per day)
DOFF exchanges? (4 max per day)
Exchange? 40 Slots...
???
Heh, thats not a problem- mail em out and the game will eat them, for free.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf