Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,730
# 21
06-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
lol, who said i was mod here ? i didnt -_-
i just think its kinda useless to make a post about "discussing doffs" that we dont even know how they really work ... only tomorrow this post will have something to discuss... until then your argument is invalid.
we make threads here about everything that happens, because we want to discuss it from a pvp perspective free of carebears, this is nothing new. i was about to make this thread my self if it wasn't made already.



Systems Engineer (Space): Chance to add power to all systems when activating Engineering Team.

how much power, how much of a chance? i sorta dout this will be all that useful. maybe pared with warp core doffs you could have a reasonable expectation of something procing, but ET isn't used that often


Research Lab Scientist (Space): Chance to lower the cooldown on all Shield Heal powers by 15 seconds when activating Science Team.

thats a nice bonus for running ST, sci ships could go with 1 copy of TSS proboly.


Conn Officer (Space): Chance to increase Perception and Accuracy when activating Tactical Team.

stealth sight and accuracy buff? this will be the most sought after by pvpers for sure.


Energy Weapons Officer (Space): Chance for Beam Overload to cause your attacks to ignore a portion of shields for several seconds.

escorts running cannons and BO just got even more dangerous. how about a doff that lets torps nagate that 75% built in resistance to knetic all shield shave?


Astrometric Scientist (Space): Increases the duration of the defense buff given by Mask Energy Signature.

is there a defense buff after you deactivate MES? or is this for if your spoted and shot at?


Fabrication Engineer (Space): Increases the duration of Reverse Shield Polarity.

oh boy. there will be a feeding frenzy for these.


Matter/Antimatter Specialist (Space): Your Auxiliary Power to the Inertial Dampeners now also increases your Energy Resistance Rating and is increased in duration.

wow, AtD is just an awesome skill with this. mass resistance to all and movement buff. to bad you have to chose between that skill and the best hull heal AtS or an AtB with a tech doff build


Development Lab Scientist (Space): Each reflected hit of Feedback Pulse has a chance to lower the attacker?s resistance ratings to all damage.


anyone useing FBP will love this. if you dont swap targets you will kill your self even faster.


a lot of the ground doffs look pretty desirable too. though ive done a lot of ground lately, my experience is still pretty limited, so i wont comment specifically on those doffs.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 06-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,201
# 22
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
lol, who said i was mod here ? i didnt -_-
i just think its kinda useless to make a post about "discussing doffs" that we dont even know how they really work ... only tomorrow this post will have something to discuss... until then your argument is invalid.
speaking of mods - you will get a warning and your sig removed - if you don't remove it firsts. Profane gestures are not allowed to be shown on the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
# 23
06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
speaking of mods - you will get a warning and your sig removed - if you don't remove it firsts. Profane gestures are not allowed to be shown on the forums.
ok that is scary, still im not going to remove it because i still think that discussing about doffs only with the description cryptic made is not enough, yet i have to say :

all engineer ground doffs seem op, ive been eng with enemy neutralization and now they make a doff that disables weapons with the mines ? omg

the new tac team doff seems out of the line and the rsp seems op as its 100%

anyway, this happens all the time they launch new doffs
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,569
# 24
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
The RSP Doff, I'm wondering just how much it extends the duration by..

The FBP Doff I'm wondering how much of a resistance debuff it gets, and if it would even be worth it.. and would it work with the PH Doff's Reflection effect.. Meaning if you use the PH Doff and the FBP Doff, when PH Doff reflects would it debuff the target..? Also wondering how long the Debuff from the Doff lasts on a target after being effected.

The engineering team Doff I hope only grants the owner of the Doff the Power boost, and doesn't grant it to who ever gets the Engi team effect. Other wise it's yet another power that becomes no longer unique for the Engineer.. and that is the ability to share EPS.

The Beam Overload doff seems to just call for even more Beam Overload stacking. Joy.

Looking at the ground doffs, the only two that catch my eye really is the Sonic Pulse Doff and the Sweeping Strikes Doff. While the Nanite Monitor doff is nice, it's hardly as bad as it seems to me.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 25
06-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
The Beam Overload doff seems to just call for even more Beam Overload stacking. Joy.
I think this one will depend heavily on the percentage.

If it's a small percentage, say 2% > 3% > 4% > 5%, or even as high as 2% > 4% > 6% > 8%

Then it's still in the realm of lucky strikes, and you'd need to stack multiples of these DOFFs to achieve much - because the rate of fire is so low for BO.

On the other hand, if its in the 20% > 30% > 40% > 50% range, then that would be quite insane with 2 or 3 x EW DOFFs.

The other component is also the amount of shield penetration it grants.


Last edited by ussultimatum; 06-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,232
# 26
06-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
ok that is scary, still im not going to remove it because i still think that discussing about doffs only with the description cryptic made is not enough, yet i have to say :

all engineer ground doffs seem op, ive been eng with enemy neutralization and now they make a doff that disables weapons with the mines ? omg

the new tac team doff seems out of the line and the rsp seems op as its 100%

anyway, this happens all the time they launch new doffs
Heh, I liked the sig, but the text in the pic had to go. Picard givin the bird was cool.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
# 27
06-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, I liked the sig, but the text in the pic had to go. Picard givin the bird was cool.
looks like i cant have that pic anymore... theyve taken it out because it violates the rules, i kinda understand, but this ones better xD

and the bo doff ussultimatum... considering the doff is 100% to proc, it must be small percentage, like 5% each doff (purple)... wonder what +15% shield penetration plus dem 3 could do... i dont think the doff will grant less than 5% each

about the new tac team ones, omg, looks like i have to open some boxes because they seem to expensive to buy them from the exchange (well see). i think they are going to be 2.5 acc each (purple) and the duration 10 secs xP
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 28
06-26-2013, 11:51 AM
If the BO shield pen doff procs on BO activation, cool. If it procs on a hit, why? BO is going to rip most of the shield down anyway...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
# 29
06-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
If the BO shield pen doff procs on BO activation, cool. If it procs on a hit, why? BO is going to rip most of the shield down anyway...
i thought about that too, cant figure out why they decided that doff to be activated by bo neither... it would make more sense if that doff would be activated not by bo, but by emergency power to weapons... tadaaa
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,742
# 30
06-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
if thats the case, explain why you copy-pasted all the stuff from the dev blog instead of just putting the hyperlink ? And i never said this thread wasnt about discussion about the new doffs, you overreact - and the proof is that i never said "oohs and aahs"
Its pretty simple we want to have a dialog about there impact on PVP.... hence we create a thread in the PVP section.

I have no desire to go and watch all the pve kids pat Cryptic on the back because they can now RSP longer. Or think the new FPB doff will now allow them to compete in PvP.

Stick around join in on the real conversation or not. I am glad the OP didn't just link the devs thread.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:58 PM.