Career Officer
# 371
06-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Link to screenpic.

My game keep crashing, I updated the wrapper. Any idea why this keep happening?
The crash looks like you have corrupted game files... can try doing a full scan, or delete all your files and let the launcher re-download fresh copies of everything.
Lieutenant
# 372
06-27-2013, 11:12 PM
*sigh*
Okay, for those of you who are crashing in the launcher:

Mac OS 10.6.8 (snow leopard) does not work with the current versions of the game. Please update to Mountain Lion (10.8) to use the wineskin.
You will need a minimum of 2GB, but 4GB is much smoother. 10.8 will run on most macs produced in the last 4 years.
Captain
# 373
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk4p View Post
Suddenly (apparently) I can't launch at all. I see the icon appear for a moment in my Dock, and "ps auwwx | grep wine" shows the processes running, and my screen's color palette has shifted as it does, but I see nothing happening on the screen, no launcher, nothing, and my normal Mac apps are fine. Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4tedward View Post
*sigh*
Okay, for those of you who are crashing in the launcher:

Mac OS 10.6.8 (snow leopard) does not work with the current versions of the game. Please update to Mountain Lion (10.8) to use the wineskin.
You will need a minimum of 2GB, but 4GB is much smoother. 10.8 will run on most macs produced in the last 4 years.
I have version 10.7.5 and its crashing constantly. but mine is not crashing in launcher but during game play.

Last edited by thestargaze; 06-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Ensign
# 374
06-29-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm playing on 10.7.5 and it'll play for a bit (with intense lag) then either crash or shut down my computer altogether. I'm using 1.6.0 and so far it's just extreme lag even with everything on the lowest setting and then random crash. 1.5.0 was shutting my computer down about ten minutes into play, so far haven't had this version do that to me.
Career Officer
# 375
07-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I am giving this a try, since I hate to restart the machine every time that I want to play STO (which is basically the only game, now that LOTRO is on mac too, that force me to boot in bootcamp my mac).

The installation went well, but the game just get stuck at the loading screen. It pass the Cryptic loading screen, then it shows the Romulus splash screen, with the "loading" text at the bottom and that's all that I see.

I've downloaded the installer and made a fresh install to avoid issues; I have a mac pro; so I assume that power is not an issue (8 core and 12 Gb of ram should suffice...Windows 7 via Bootcamp is happy with this config).

Anyone got this issue so far? Were you able to play at all?
Career Officer
# 376
07-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Problem solved...I had to restart the game 2-3 times and finally it started.

The speed thou is not that different form the one that I would get using parallels; I guess the main problem are the graphic drivers, which under emulation won't give the same performances as the card in bootcamp. Useful for quick assignment to duty officers thou, using the minimum settings.
Ensign
# 377 Login problem
07-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi,

I installed Star Trek Online. Then the launcher loads and there is my problem. I can't type "@" but how to log in without it? I need the @ for my mailadress. Mybe i'm just totaly stupid and there is another way to log in. but i don't know.

thx
Career Officer
# 378
07-02-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshie101 View Post
The installation went well, but the game just get stuck at the loading screen. It pass the Cryptic loading screen, then it shows the Romulus splash screen, with the "loading" text at the bottom and that's all that I see.
Leave it sitting at that screen after a patch. It can literally take over 10 minutes to load past it... should only do it after a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenking2013 View Post
Hi,

I installed Star Trek Online. Then the launcher loads and there is my problem. I can't type "@" but how to log in without it? I need the @ for my mailadress. Mybe i'm just totaly stupid and there is another way to log in. but i don't know.

thx
@? No idea... I don't log in with an email address, just my account name and password.
Ensign
# 379
07-02-2013, 04:13 AM
yeah, i tried also to log in with the accountname but it dosen't work. i know that the account is working because i'm playing also on a windows machine....
Lieutenant
# 380
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Ok so I downloaded the experimental wrapper that was posted and ended up installing fresh. But I went to play and when i clicked on the STO icon, it asks me to install software, but when I check inside the STO app, it shows that the STO.exe file and all the other ones are there???? ain't nobody got time to download 10GB again...