Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Commander
# 11
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Good to know there is no reason to go past T4. Though now I am quite miffed that I grinded (ground?) 5 toons to T4 for nothing really. Only 2 of them were going for gear. The rest was for the dilithium at the end.

Hopefully its an oversight.
Commander
# 12
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Odd. I admit I'm new here, but I would think the daily dil (1440 I think for all 3 reps combined), plus the accolade, plus the passives, plus the active ability, plus the gear would be reward enough. I cant believe anyone would spend 50 days grinding away solely for 9,000 - 30,000 dilithium, especially given that even 30k dil can be earned in far far less than 50 days it takes to get to T5.....

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Rihannsu
# 13
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
I think someone said the rewards for the older ones were taken out too (could be a bug, could be intentional, or the guy could have been wrong).

if they others still have them, then i think the tholian rep should do so as well, if they have all been taken out then i would like to know the reason why?

but there are plenty of other benefits to get to tier 5. its not all a total waste of time. powers, dilithium, unlocks etc

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I think someone said the rewards for the older ones were taken out too (could be a bug, could be intentional, or the guy could have been wrong).

if they others still have them, then i think the tholian rep should do so as well, if they have all been taken out then i would like to know the reason why?

but there are plenty of other benefits to get to tier 5. its not all a total waste of time. powers, dilithium, unlocks etc
I reached T5 Rom rep on one of my characters the other day, and after i completed the story mission i was granted the rewards...

Severely hope this is a glitch of some kind! 750 Nukara marks would be greatly appreciated in getting some of the space xii gear
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Commander
# 15
06-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
Odd. I admit I'm new here, but I would think the daily dil (1440 I think for all 3 reps combined), plus the accolade, plus the passives, plus the active ability, plus the gear would be reward enough. I cant believe anyone would spend 50 days grinding away solely for 9,000 - 30,000 dilithium, especially given that even 30k dil can be earned in far far less than 50 days it takes to get to T5.....
It can be done other ways as well, which I do. Getting enough marks to do rep was just part of my daily grind rotation. Its not that hard to get 50 to 60 marks for each everyday. The bonus at the end just made it seem worth it on my toons that will not be getting the gear. I'm just pointing out that its nice to know I can remove nukara from my daily grind as there isn't much point for my alts to get it.

That being said, it would be nice if there was a reward for finishing it, similar to omega or romulan rep.
Career Officer
# 16
06-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I had my rewards bugged on my engineer when she had completed Omega reputation. It was weeks before the reward finally triggered when I was cruising in sector space and moving from Sirius to Regulus.

You could try that, see if it triggers.
@HyperLimited
Commander
# 17
06-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I had my rewards bugged on my engineer when she had completed Omega reputation. It was weeks before the reward finally triggered when I was cruising in sector space and moving from Sirius to Regulus.

You could try that, see if it triggers.

It triggered for me when I started another project...can't remember if it was the omega torps or the omega ground set, but once I started it there were the rewards.
There's no dork like an old school dork. You just can't beat experience.
Captain
# 18
06-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I assume it is just a bug. However, this will not be as profitable as the Romulan Rep bonus. So 500 Nukara Marks and 9000 dilithium to get one piece of equipment for the ground sets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
06-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Or the Romulan Rep, just hitting T5 didn't give you the 30k dilithium, etc. you had to complete a special mission, which was unlocked after hitting T5 on Romuland Rep. Is it possible the Nukara mission works the same way? Is there a new mission on your "Available" tab? Or Maybe you get it after completing one of the "Hard" ground Tholoan missions?

I haven't gotten to Nukara T5 yet, so I don't know the answer...just throwing out ideas in hopes they help!
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkietravis View Post
Or the Romulan Rep, just hitting T5 didn't give you the 30k dilithium, etc. you had to complete a special mission, which was unlocked after hitting T5 on Romuland Rep. Is it possible the Nukara mission works the same way? Is there a new mission on your "Available" tab? Or Maybe you get it after completing one of the "Hard" ground Tholoan missions?

I haven't gotten to Nukara T5 yet, so I don't know the answer...just throwing out ideas in hopes they help!
Reputation System was toted as something for the SOLO players similar to the Fleet system.

To require that a hard mission be done would be Hypocritic.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.