Career Officer
# 41
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmihaie80 View Post
Defera - I see no reason do to it anymore
Nukara - same
New Romulus - I did it once for the novelty of it and I do the story missions that get unlocked with every tier but that's it

the reputation system made a lot of content absolutely useless
I just sit with the game in window and watch the eSTF channels so I can farm dilithium - because that's the state the game was reduced to
from time to time a do a fleet alert, a crystalline catastrophe or a mine trap for the marks

the joke's on you Cryptic
It really feels like the game is winding down doesn't it? What I want to know is this: now that they've run out of old content to rehash for their next rep grind, what can thy possibly do a rep of next? PvP? Reuse the same old PvP maps we've had for 3 years? That's really all I can think of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Ensign
# 42
06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
It really feels like the game is winding down doesn't it? What I want to know is this: now that they've run out of old content to rehash for their next rep grind, what can thy possibly do a rep of next? PvP? Reuse the same old PvP maps we've had for 3 years? That's really all I can think of.
I know there was a time limited Crystalline event, the remnant of it is still in the rep window for some reason
following same logic, I can see a rep event for Riza

a PvP rep is also extremely likely

even the reman datalogs are a thing of the past now, doing Vault Shuttle event is another thing I'll never do
Commander
# 43
07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Like I said in the main forum

I just came back after leaving for all of season 6 and 7 and have 3 rep tracks to run on 5 characters

Buying these regenerators, and shield charges and hypos 20 at a time really sucks, really really sucks!!

It's damn near punishment!

Everything is Awesome, Anything else is a reporting error!
Career Officer
# 44
07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppster View Post
I am sad to see what has become of the game in my absence of just over a year or so.

Not only have some in-game rewards been removed from STF's they were originally obtained from (borg set for instance), but they've now been stuck behind a horribly implemented reputation grind that is nothing other than a blatant time and ec sink.

Having even first tier rewards gated behind time-based "quests" is ridiculous. You can't even grind the rep in the traditional MMO manner, as the return from, for instance, turning in Omega marks in the non-time limited manner is abysmal.

Why turn STO into a grind? It's counter-productive to modern MMO development philosophy. Any MMO player survey will tell you: no-one likes grinding in an MMO. Grinding loses subs.
Do you like killing Borg?

If you answered "Yes" my next question is: what's the problem?

Kill Borg = earn Omega Marks and BNPs = rep up and get stuff.

It's a lot more straightforward and easier for new players than the old system under which you had to wait for the right combination of random drops.

"A Gorn walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
07-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
But the old system had a retarded chance drop was,is, and will be bad.

So yes, the rep system could be better, but its still less of a pain then the old one was.
Says you

The difference between pre-Season 7 (from now on referred to as "the good old days") and now is you played to get gear, not play to unlock the gear for purchase much later on.

That's the reason I would like to see an STF exclusive...you have to play the STF's to get them.
Random drops btw...why not?
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
How do you figure? All you needed to do was complete one PVE mission and three STFs for a piece of the Borg set. That's a few hours of game play time. Not sure how that equates to "years".
The original Borg Set acquisition:

"Assimilation" mission = universal borg console
"Infected" STF = borg engine
"The Cure" STF = borg deflector
"Khitomer Accord" = borg shield

(I might have the deflector and shield backwards)

at most total time combined to get: 8 hours (Depends on how good your STF team is)

Above method destroyed by all the whiners saying they couldn't spare 2 to 3 hours on a weekend to do an STF.

The next method was hated by almost everyone due to the stupid random drop of the chip needed to get the mk xii sets. People grinded the STFs and never got the drop.

The third and latest method is the joke Omega reputation grind. This method destroyed the easiest piece to get the universal borg console by removing it from the reward table of "Assimilation" and adding it to the Omega Rep grind.