Commander
# 231
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Agree with above post. Cryo immobilizer is silly OP especially since the other tier option is next to useless. At the very least, hold break abilities (adrenal booster, hypo, stubborn) should work against it. As of right there's no way to break the hold I'm aware of.
Captain
# 232
06-26-2013, 04:10 PM
So news DOFFS are coming, thoughts?

Quote:
  • Biochemist (Ground): Your Nanite Health Monitor has a chance to have a number of additional charges.

• Armory Officer (Ground): When using Stealth Module, increases the duration of the Stealth Ambush damage bonus effect.
  • Explosives Expert (Ground): Adds a chance for Disable Weapons to your Chroniton Mine Barrier.
  • Quartermaster (Ground): Your deployed Cover Shield gives bonus Resistance Rating to nearby allies.
  • Biochemist (Ground): Your Sonic Pulse now additionally roots all targets hit for a short duration.
  • Security Officer (Ground): Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time.
  • Diagnostic Engineer (Ground): Your Weapons Malfunction has a chance to chain to nearby targets.
  • Damage Control Engineer (Ground): Your Quick Fix now adds additional bonus Resistance Rating to its target.
  • Assault Squad Officer (Ground): Your Sweeping Strikes now have a chance to cause an Electrical Damage over Time effect to your target.
  • Hazard System Officer (Ground): Your Fuse Armor has a chance to deal double damage.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 233
06-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
A LOT of buffs to engineers on the ground.

Especially the Equipment Diagnostics kit and Enemy Neutralization

Lt. Commander
# 234
06-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Biochemist (Ground): Your Nanite Health Monitor has a chance to have a number of additional charges.

This doff is an amazing compliment to the med kit and 3 doctor doffs that boost your hp. The very rare of this doff is certainly worth replacing the stimulant cooldown doff and adds 4 more charges to nanite health monitor. Great for the dedicated healer!

Armory Officer (Ground): When using Stealth Module, increases the duration of the Stealth Ambush damage bonus effect.

I am guessing this applies to the 5 second damage boost cloakers get after decloaking. But in the end the melee crit chance and severity doffs for the powerful lunge are the best option for the operative kit. Either way not sure why the idiot devs felt the need to give cloakers more potential damage. As if they don't have enough. DERP!

Explosives Expert (Ground): Adds a chance for Disable Weapons to your Chroniton Mine Barrier.

Very nice option as it is the first set of doffs for the enemy neuter kit. People trying to break the mine barrier in arena maps will now be forced to use that power cell. These can also stack 3 doffs and I am pretty sure the chance will be based of each mine as well. Best doffs in this release almost make me want to get out of my equip tech kit when I roll my engy. In any case these won't effect me one bit since I can simply switch to shooter mode and clear the mines with my grenade though! LOL

Quartermaster (Ground): Your deployed Cover Shield gives bonus Resistance Rating to nearby allies.

A cover shield doff all I can say is LMFAO! Seriously. More damage resist at high diminishing returns! Sorry these will be in the bargain bin on the exchange.

Biochemist (Ground): Your Sonic Pulse now additionally roots all targets hit for a short duration.

The physics kit already contains grav shift for the root. Sonic pulse does knockback and a slow and with this doff will add an extra root but again I can't see the smart physicist giving up their biologist tric scan doff which pushes a targets radiation and fire resist well below zero up for the least used power in the physicist kit. Ultimately another FAIL doff. No pvper will replace their stimulant cooldown doff with this.

Security Officer (Ground): Increases the bonus damage of Ambush by 100%, but all bonus damage from this ability is now dealt as Damage over Time.

Stacking 3 of these doffs for a 300 percent damage boost even as a DOT is what is gonna finish off ground pvp for good. All fire team and operative users are gonna rule all with these doffs. Unless I am missing something in the description or not getting the complete picture say bye bye to ground pvp for all other classes and bye bye to it forever. I suppose it depends on what the dot ticks actually do but I can already tell these are gonna be the final nail in the coffin for ground pvp.

Diagnostic Engineer (Ground): Your Weapons Malfunction has a chance to chain to nearby targets.

Depends on the proc chance but stacking 3 purples like other doffs in this class usually produces great results. Another great engy doff choice.

Damage Control Engineer (Ground): Your Quick Fix now adds additional bonus Resistance Rating to its target.

GARBAGE!

Assault Squad Officer (Ground): Your Sweeping Strikes now have a chance to cause an Electrical Damage over Time effect to your target.

Depends on how much damage it produces but the close combat kit is nonviable for tough matches in pvp as trying to stick on a target just to get some kicks in usually gets you killed. In any case melee crit and severity doffs are needed for use with this kit and these will become exchange clutter.

Hazard System Officer (Ground): Your Fuse Armor has a chance to deal double damage.

You can only use one hazard system officer doff and with the selection of other engy doffs this one will have zero room in the engy's active roster.

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 06-27-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 235
06-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post

Explosives Expert (Ground): Adds a chance for Disable Weapons to your Chroniton Mine Barrier.

Very nice option as it is the first set of doffs for the enemy neuter kit. People trying to break the mine barrier in arena maps will now be forced to use that power cell. These can also stack 3 doffs and I am pretty sure the chance will be based of each mine as well. Best doffs in this release almost make me want to get out of my equip tech kit when I roll my engy. In any case these won't effect me one bit since I can simply switch to shooter mode and clear the mines with my grenade though! LOL
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that Explosives Experts were only one?

Lt. Commander
# 236
06-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that Explosives Experts were only one?
My mistake I though cause the quantum mortar doffs only had 20 percent proc chance rate they were a stackable class my mistake.

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 06-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 237
06-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
My mistake I though cause the quantum mortar doffs only had 20 percent proc chance rate they were a stackable class my mistake.
Np there. Heh, I'd love to have stackable Explosives Experts and summon 7 Quantum Mortar III's at a time.

Anywho, I do agree with you on that Ambush DOFF. Tacs can do some ridiculous things on the ground in terms of pure damage, and now with this super-DoT from it instead...insane.

There are many many things I'm already thinking of to go with this DOFF, and abuse the hell outta it.

Even if the DoT's total damage is 300% over the course of the effect, we could still easily look at 500 damage ticks or something. Because a tac who knows his stuff on the ground is gonna be running around with a huge amount of crit at the get-go, and so a huge portion of the time, these crits are gonna be on these DoTs.

A dedicated self-healing Sci could probably just outlive one person doing that, maybe an engy could do the same. But two or more...no way, there's not enough resist and heals to handle it. Eventually the person would get overwhelmed.

Commander
# 238
06-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Assault Squad Officer (Ground): Your Sweeping Strikes now have a chance to cause an Electrical Damage over Time effect to your target.
Electrical Damage...hum? There seems to be a lot rubbing if you perform sweeping strikes....

btw....it does not make anything better, concerning ground balancing, if you throw more and more stuff into ground combat....all for the $$$.
This is Crypticverse...
Commander
# 239
06-27-2013, 06:34 AM
[quote=zeratk;11071211]Electrical Damage...hum? There seems to be a lot rubbing if you perform sweeping strikes....

My uniform always has a lot of static cling. I've tried everything! Maybe Starfleet officers all rub their feet on carpet before they beam into matches. Seriously it will probably be no more effective then the embassy doff that adds it to stasis field. In other words totally useless even if sweeping strikes was a viable kit on ground.
I hope now that the devs might be getting a chance to catch their breath after this massive release they can address some of the major problems here before creating new ones
Commander
# 240
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
engineers that are the best class for ground pvp get the best doffs, tacs 2 doffs, and scis a stupid root ? im starting to believe that devs are noobs at pvping
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude