Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,258
# 71
06-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
*Wil knelt down to tend to the doctor, who gave him a quick nod and thumbs-up as he managed to get to his feet.*

Wil: Sir, the doctor said that something might be using the Lieutenant's brain to... project itself, in a way. These Barrier Particles, you said they were most likely a form of life, right? It seems they could also be sentient, using Mr. Shrod's body as a puppet.

Shrod: Trapped!!!

Wil: He's been saying that all along, sir. And then he attacked us. Maybe the particles don't know how to get out of his body.
Soval: A logical conclusion, Ensign.

*Soval walks up to Shrod.*

I am Vice Admiral Soval, of the United Federation of Planets. Can you understand me?
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 40
# 72
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: A logical conclusion, Ensign.

*Soval walks up to Shrod.*

I am Vice Admiral Soval, of the United Federation of Planets. Can you understand me?
*Shrod stopped bashing his fists against the forcefield and looked Soval in the eye with a menacing grimace. The particle entities were gaining more intricate control over the Lieutenant's body.*

Shrod: ...Admiral Soval, of the United Federation of Planets. Your kind has trapped us. Stripped us from our home, and imprisoned us. First, within the cold confines of your vessel. Now, within this organic structure. We demand that you release us and return us to our domicile, that which you have so violated. If you do not comply, our kind will be forced to retaliate. You have witnessed our power to obsolesce one of your vessels and commandeer this organic. We possess the ability to do so on a scale so great as to cripple your United Federation. Release us. Now!

*Shrod thrusted his fist into the forcefield, leaving it there for a few seconds, making the forcefield flash uncontrollably.*

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,258
# 73
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
*Shrod stopped bashing his fists against the forcefield and looked Soval in the eye with a menacing grimace. The particle entities were gaining more intricate control over the Lieutenant's body.*

Shrod: ...Admiral Soval, of the United Federation of Planets. Your kind has trapped us. Stripped us from our home, and imprisoned us. First, within the cold confines of your vessel. Now, within this organic structure. We demand that you release us and return us to our domicile, that which you have so violated. If you do not comply, our kind will be forced to retaliate. You have witnessed our power to obsolesce one of your vessels and commandeer this organic. We possess the ability to do so on a scale so great as to cripple your United Federation. Release us. Now!

*Shrod thrusted his fist into the forcefield, leaving it there for a few seconds, making the forcefield flash uncontrollably.*
Soval: Lower the forcefield.

Security Lt: Sir?

Soval: Now!

*The security officer shuts down the forcefield.*

We are sorry. Our people are... explorers. Our mission is to seek out new worlds - to learn about the universe. When the Vancouver... abducted you, it had no idea that you were a life form. We've never encountered a form of life like you before - our sensors couldn't tell. They meant you no harm - they were merely curious.

We did not trap you in this organic - not intentionally. But, we want to help, if you'll let us.

I am a Vulcan. My people are contact-telepaths. We can share our thoughts and memories.

If you will let me, I can show you our sincerity.

T'las: Soval... be careful.

Soval: Your concern is... appreciated, Commander.

*He returns his attention to Lt Shrod.*

Will you let me help you?
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
# 74 Romulan
06-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I wanted to put in some cool intro for Voporak as the first reply.
Simply, human, I am Romulan. You are not. You lack the capacity of our self sacrifice, as it is ingrained from birth and supplemented by example and history. You are more numerous but are never better simply by numbers but only by individual achievement. You will never understand our "ideal of enemy" which demonstrably claims and praises both those we defeat and sings paeans for those who us defeat. It was long ago we struck out separate from our Vulcan brothers as their choices were found by us to be too limiting, too subservient, and too failure prone.
I am not certain I can explain this.... Once again, basically, our differences are at times immense and at other times are minuscule. If everyone does fight to win, so do we, but! We fight to win forever! no matter our personal sacrifice.
As said D'Dar of Remus in 2069 (your date method!): "Sometimes you 'win,' sometimes you 'lose,' but only a Romulan knows true Victory is when that victory is well colored and odored and when the Warrior never finds fault with his own dedication and service."
I've been tasked to clarify some details I forget are not common among all warriors:

Wherein Victory is that or any outcome which does not deny nor denigrate ones Racial honor.
Wherein honorable actions are not dependent on "my own" interpretations of our Romulan goals.
Wherein Defeat is not that outcome that identifies any personal fault nor failure, nor excuse it, but may identify it, but only that which can cause pause to the success of the Romulan Way.

Sooo? If you aren't Romulan you are dust.
If you are dust, we need brooms or shovels.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 40
# 75
06-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Lower the forcefield.

Security Lt: Sir?

Soval: Now!

*The security officer shuts down the forcefield.*

We are sorry. Our people are... explorers. Our mission is to seek out new worlds - to learn about the universe. When the Vancouver... abducted you, it had no idea that you were a life form. We've never encountered a form of life like you before - our sensors couldn't tell. They meant you no harm - they were merely curious.

We did not trap you in this organic - not intentionally. But, we want to help, if you'll let us.

I am a Vulcan. My people are contact-telepaths. We can share our thoughts and memories.

If you will let me, I can show you our sincerity.

T'las: Soval... be careful.

Soval: Your concern is... appreciated, Commander.

*He returns his attention to Lt Shrod.*

Will you let me help you?
Shrod: If you wish to help us, free us from this prison and return us to our home! Only thus shall you prove your sincerity.

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,258
# 76
06-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
Shrod: If you wish to help us, free us from this prison and return us to our home! Only thus shall you prove your sincerity.
Soval: Soval to Bridge, set course for the coordinates where we found the Vancouver and engage Slipstream Drive.

Ores *Over Comm*: Aye sir.

Soval: We'll do what we can.

*He turns to Wil.*

Ensign, a moment.

*He walks out of Sickbay and waits for the Ensign in the corridor.*
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,257
# 77
06-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogico View Post
Simply, human, I am Romulan. You are not. You lack the capacity of our self sacrifice, as it is ingrained from birth and supplemented by example and history. You are more numerous but are never better simply by numbers but only by individual achievement. You will never understand our "ideal of enemy" which demonstrably claims and praises both those we defeat and sings paeans for those who us defeat. It was long ago we struck out separate from our Vulcan brothers as their choices were found by us to be too limiting, too subservient, and too failure prone.
I am not certain I can explain this.... Once again, basically, our differences are at times immense and at other times are minuscule. If everyone does fight to win, so do we, but! We fight to win forever! no matter our personal sacrifice.
As said D'Dar of Remus in 2069 (your date method!): "Sometimes you 'win,' sometimes you 'lose,' but only a Romulan knows true Victory is when that victory is well colored and odored and when the Warrior never finds fault with his own dedication and service."
I've been tasked to clarify some details I forget are not common among all warriors:

Wherein Victory is that or any outcome which does not deny nor denigrate ones Racial honor.
Wherein honorable actions are not dependent on "my own" interpretations of our Romulan goals.
Wherein Defeat is not that outcome that identifies any personal fault nor failure, nor excuse it, but may identify it, but only that which can cause pause to the success of the Romulan Way.

Sooo? If you aren't Romulan you are dust.
If you are dust, we need brooms or shovels.
Er... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 40
# 78
06-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Soval to Bridge, set course for the coordinates where we found the Vancouver and engage Slipstream Drive.

Ores *Over Comm*: Aye sir.

Soval: We'll do what we can.

*He turns to Wil.*

Ensign, a moment.

*He walks out of Sickbay and waits for the Ensign in the corridor.*
*Wil follows.*

Wil: I suppose you have a plan, Admiral?

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,258
# 79
06-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
*Wil follows.*

Wil: I suppose you have a plan, Admiral?
Soval: We're going to do what it asks. However, we don't know how the life form was trapped in the lieutenant's body in the first place. Do you have any idea how it could have happened? I need to know how Lieutenant Shrod was injured.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 40
# 80
06-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: We're going to do what it asks. However, we don't know how the life form was trapped in the lieutenant's body in the first place. Do you have any idea how it could have happened? I need to know how Lieutenant Shrod was injured.
Wil: Sir, as I recall, the Lieutenant was rendered unconscious shortly after the particle containment field collapsed. I guess as the particle beings spread throughout the ship, some of them must have got caught in Shrod's body, like flies in a web. Though, none of the other officers with him were affected. Only Shrod. Any ideas?

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.