Captain
# 41
06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
So, perusing some old stuff on the Interwebs, I found a link to a site called I Write Like. It does a statistical analysis of a writing sample (the longer the better, apparently) to figure out what popular author you write most like. (Spoiler: If you submit internet comments or blog posts, it will almost certainly tell you you write like Cory Doctorow.)

Out of curiosity, I started feeding it the stories I've written here. Apparently, my Nniol stories are written in a style similar to that of Dan Brown; my Grunt stories come across as flavored with Arthur C. Clarke; and my first tale here, of VA Sills and the Hans Asperger, resembled the writing style of Isaac Asimov. Heady company indeed!

I thought it was fun. Anyone else want to give it a shot?
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
So, perusing some old stuff on the Interwebs, I found a link to a site called I Write Like. It does a statistical analysis of a writing sample (the longer the better, apparently) to figure out what popular author you write most like. (Spoiler: If you submit internet comments or blog posts, it will almost certainly tell you you write like Cory Doctorow.)

Out of curiosity, I started feeding it the stories I've written here. Apparently, my Nniol stories are written in a style similar to that of Dan Brown; my Grunt stories come across as flavored with Arthur C. Clarke; and my first tale here, of VA Sills and the Hans Asperger, resembled the writing style of Isaac Asimov. Heady company indeed!

Just did it, myself.

For Veleen Takor, my new Romulan Alt, her first story introducing her has a style like James Fenimore Cooper's, the story where she sides with the Federation and becomes involved with Section 31 has a flavor of Dan Brown, my piece on Mirror Lelouch resembles the style of Jonathan Swift, and my very first Lit challenge seems to resemble stories from David Foster Wallace.

I'm assuming that that's pretty good.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 43
06-27-2013, 01:43 PM
I put mine up, a brief flashback into the mind of my resident lunatic, Cagalli.
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 44
06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Good news...a story is indeed underway, though its scope is as yet unknown. Its title will be "Black Days," and it will start looking at the fallout of the Interdictor incident. Not sure yet whether I will go into the full Board of Inquiry or not (may not be able to complete research for that in time), but I have a definite idea of how to set up Alyosha's return to Earth for the inquiry.

Cookies to anyone who gets the cultural reasons I named the story what I did (and there is more than simply being ominous and suggesting this time will not be pleasant for Alyosha). It's a play on something...let's see if anyone can figure it out.
A reference to the Black Sea in Russia?
Captain
# 45
06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post

That was fun I got Jane Austen, HP Lovecraft, and Margaret Attwood. Not sure if that's a or a
Captain
# 46
06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I got Jane Austen, HP Lovecraft, and Margaret Attwood.
They are , and in that order.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
06-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorx0 View Post
I put mine up, a brief flashback into the mind of my resident lunatic, Cagalli.
Very interesting story.

Never realized your Cagalli had that much mass.

On another note, that I Write Like site says that your story has a similar style to those by Arthur C. Clarke.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 48
06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
A reference to the Black Sea in Russia?
Nope. Hmm...maybe it's not that well known outside of Russia...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 49
06-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
They are , and in that order.
What was your result?
Captain
# 50
06-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Nope. Hmm...maybe it's not that well known outside of Russia...
I doubt it's a reference to a Black Mass Maybe it will become clearer on reading the entry