Career Officer
# 31
06-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah, getting the marks isn't really the issue for me as I already outlined. It's just the tedium setting in now. Glad for them making the Nukara Hards a queue event, makes it more likely that I'll do them since I don't have to waste time trying to get a bunch of people gathered up on the same instance. And now it's one more thing I can potentially do for a decent reward.
Rihannsu
# 32
06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
The Nukara Prime easy/medium missions now have very nice rewards and are easy to win. I was kinda fed up with Vault Ensnared already, but Nukara is good. Quick, painless, no waiting, enough marks to fill up projects in one run (for two days if you do it during the bonus event). I'm back to running nuke rep with all my toons now.

I haven't tried the hards since they went queue, but I've heard they are very unreliable to pug. Clueless players who come in without EV suits and so on. At the very least, they must be a lot harder now that you're limited to 5 players.
Career Officer
# 33
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I haven't had issue with Ext. Hard as a PUG, you really can't screw that up. I haven't tried Int. Hard as it takes longer and requires people sort of know what to do with the consoles.

Generally, I think the love it/hate it binary with Nukara Prime depends on whether people ever bothered to master ground combat. When S6 launched, I mastered ground combat by getting creamed on Nukara Prime. Nothing like fast, side stepping Tholians in great number to make you get your act together on the ground. I actually came to like it, and still do. It's fast, it gets crazy with a lot of people in the zone, cooperation happens organically. Possibly one of the most fun things to do in the game is get involved in a huge war in the middle of medium exterior.
Ensign
# 34
06-26-2013, 05:26 AM
I am really glad they fixed Nukara, now we get to play in 5 player teams, no bugs on maps (except getting stuck behind spawn point, but the missiosn is easily done with 4 or 3 players, so 5 is way to many players, crowded actually ...) and 100% success rate all the time. Oh and Nukara really needed a fix too and to be in a PvE queue, cause that is much better. People will want to play more of these missions now definately. /sarcasm

Last edited by safex27; 07-01-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
They need to stop forcing us to do the content THEY want us to do.

Make all PvE missions reward our "Choice of Marks".

They already have that reward on some. Make it on all.

Except of course the Dilithium missions.
Ensign
# 36
07-18-2013, 11:19 PM
one way i get more marks is the summer risa event: the favors can buy you eggs @ 150, then you just doff your way to at least 60 marks per egg after a few days of growing them up (100 marks if you get a tufted mutation)

sure it takes a few days, but you can hatch an egg per day and thus have a hatch, fledgling, adult and tufted senior in the works each day for potentially a huge number of marks by the end of the event. takes 5 minutes of talking on risa to get all your assignments in order for this

at least 60 marks for 5 minutes isn't bad and the favors aren't high in price anymore either. and you can always get different rep marks if nukara grinding is your thing (pro tip, don't use your best doff's on hatch or senior, as you're either just hatching or already tufted)
Empire Veteran
# 37
07-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Nukara is not that bad now (I've go 4 alts completed, including the gear I wanted) - there is a reasonable choice of missions, the mark awards are not Omega spec but a lot better than they were, and a pretty decent T5 award at the end.

If the grind is getting you down - either take it slowly (one or two 10-15 minute missions per day will do!) or do without the passives. You only "need" them if you're looking at high-end PVP.