Career Officer
During the winter event I got a whole bunch of winter cloaks and scarfs for different characters. After seeing the Risian clothes I was ready to do the same. Then I saw those two ugly little words at the bottom. "Off-duty"

What made the winter stuff that great was the ability to put it on your BOs. It was a faction-neutral alternative for diplomacy boffs and a great costume for crews that you wanted to be non-Starfleet. I made a mercenary crew around a Fed Klingon captain with a Breen ship, now I'm changing it to a Risian corvette. I had kind of hoped for costume pieces that look a wee bit warmer....

I don't expect anything to change, just had to get rid of my 2 EC.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lieutenant
# 2
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Hopefully they will drop this off duty nonsense and combine it all for the public. There is a dev mode that is unified.
Commander
# 3
06-27-2013, 05:01 PM
But think of the clipping that would make! It would be a complete and total nightmare!

Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria!

(yes, I'm going completely overboard with this I know)

But Cryptic hates clipping (at least based on their 'actions' on CO). Utterly hates it. And will do anything in their power to make it not happen.

Of course, with their latest costume 'releases'...nobody is on the helm anymore with making outfits.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Captain
# 4
06-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Would be nice of cryptic released an "everything goes" clothing option, that would have a disclaimer that reads "that all combinations under that option are untested and are used at players own risk".

I for one would love to be able to combine orion garb and honor guard costume parts.
Ensign
# 5
06-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I agree with the OP!

The new clothing options should be for off-duty outfits AND uniforms. I wanna be able to mix and match these new clothing pieces with regular uniforms, and i also wanna be able to use them on bridge officers.

Grinding 600 favors for the beachcomber outfit was kinda disappointing after I found out its only available for off-duty.
Career Officer
# 6
06-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Why off-duty?

That's easy, Cryptic is trolling us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.