Lieutenant
# 161
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Branching mission objectives which may result in different mission results other than succeed/fail, start over. This way you can have the option to kill or befriend the misunderstood alien, and this choice would lead to different successful outcomes, such as liberating his oppressed peoples from a pirate king or eradicating the den of pirates and their 'accomplices'.

Custom DOff missions which the player can name, describe, assign to a particular department, control what materials and manpower is needed, and determine how rare or difficult the task should be, with all rewards factored by the Devs based on rarity of components required, difficulty setting, number of DOffs required, etc.

For example: having a DOff mission to repair a crucial component in the mission, such as a malfunctioning satellite, could allow for interesting developments further along in the mission. In this example, a Ferengi has put eavesdropping equipment on a communication satellite and your DOff mission is to send a team to remove it.
Success: You can directly accuse the Ferengi of espionage
Critical Success: You can also discover what information was intercepted by the device
Failure: You damaged the satellite, (which may unlock yet another DOff mission to repair it)
Disaster: The satellite itself was destroyed, possibly injuring or killing crewmen if it was a rare and/or dangerous assignment.
Career Officer
# 162
06-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334 View Post
Branching mission objectives which may result in different mission results other than succeed/fail, start over. This way you can have the option to kill or befriend the misunderstood alien, and this choice would lead to different successful outcomes, such as liberating his oppressed peoples from a pirate king or eradicating the den of pirates and their 'accomplices'.
I can add this :

- Multiple possibilities choice for player, and so, for authors to make different branches on story, we can say it's the choice between 2 starts => Right or left !

Other :

- We need Timer (object) ! For example : 10 sec before enemies arrived.

- We need to have new categories in details : Sound Effect => For example : Red-alert (of all starship), and if this sound is activate, the ship became in red-alert. (If you understood ^^)

And all of this topic :p

EDIT :

Adding maps Starfleet Academy.

Last edited by pascaldu76; 06-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Ensign
# 163
06-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Fleet, Veteran and Mirror ship materials for all Fed/KDF ships.
Captain
# 164
06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I'd also love to be able to apply the visuals from the Borg/Jem'Hadar/Breen/etc sets to ship costumes.
Career Officer
# 165
06-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I have more idea :

- Actually 1 project = 1 mission.

Why no have this => 1 project = 1 series (In this series we have lot of episode, such as lot of mission)
When a players finish first mission of the series, the second arrive.
(I can add : 1 project series = 10.000 Dilithium ; and project simple rest to 2 project for 7000 dilithium etc ...)
I hope you follow me ^^

MAPS :
- Starbase interior / exterior etc (all maps with starbase)

Good luck to Cryptic team to solve and add something to Foundry :p

Last edited by pascaldu76; 06-25-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Ensign
# 166
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Is it possible to use a Popup Dialog in sector space on the way to your first map transition?

I wish to display a briefing in flight to the star system. That trip can be long at times and I think it would be cool to give the captain some background info on the way to the first map.

Thanks
Captain
# 167
06-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomokwihnai View Post
Is it possible to use a Popup Dialog in sector space on the way to your first map transition?

I wish to display a briefing in flight to the star system. That trip can be long at times and I think it would be cool to give the captain some background info on the way to the first map.

Thanks
Yes, you can have some popup dialogue right after the "grant mission dialogue". I do that sometimes to give the player some background before the mission starts.
Lt. Commander
# 168
07-03-2013, 09:02 AM
I have an asset request for Foundry, although I have a feeling we won't see it for some time if at all.

I'd like to have the map for the Risa Summer Event to be usable for Foundry. I can think of a few story ideas where that would be great to have. Maybe throw in some of the vacationers and Risian natives as NPC contacts as well.
Rihannsu
# 169
07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh and: Suliban ships, ALL of them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Closed Thread