Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 21
06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Caitians are popular because cat people are always popular.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
i have a andorian and a saurian on fed , though with the alien gen with the flexablity with being able to change appearance at will . makes it really easy not to pick the other races to make your own .
Ensign
# 23
06-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Well yes Tellarites are founders of the federation but they seem to be the Dwarfs to the Vulcan Elf in terms of characters in the game

think it prtty much is no-one has fond memories of the specie's
Captain
# 24
06-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Meh, I have bridge officers from all three races, just for variety. Funny thing is, I didn't know Packleds were available as bridge officers until I stumbled across them on the Exchange.

Besides, Saurians make some of the best booze in the Galaxy. Saurian Brandy has the James T. Kirk Seal of Approval.
Lieutenant
# 25
06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
For the Pakled I imagine it's because they're an 'ugly' race, and their only defining characteristic from the one episode they were central to is , "Dumb as bricks.", so I can see why they aren't a huge draw for players.

For Saurians I guess it's because we don't really know a whole lot about them, and their appearance customization options are rather limited.

Tellarites I dunno, I think they're awesome and I play one myself. I guess it's a combination of appearance and people wanting to maximize their trait value.

Though really, there are several Federation races that could be considred 'redundant'. Humans, Vulcans and Aliens vastly outnumber every other race from what I've seen.

Last edited by aurelias1; 06-23-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 26
06-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I was just basing it on the most common species I've seen ingame.

The three I listed are the least common ones I see ingame.

Actually, I've only seen 2 Saurians and never any Pakleds or Tellarites.

Conversely, on the KDF side, I do see Gorn a lot, so I assumed they at least enjoyed a moderate level of success.

Letheans I rarely see though.
Commander
# 27
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Plus, if you want Efficient, play a Liberated Borg instead, they're much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and mine must be slitted. I think the Saurians looks very cool. I kind of want to make one but have run out of character slots.

I made a couple of lib borgs but kept feeling like I wasn't autistic enough.
Career Officer
# 28
06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Then you're in the minority, because most players view Saurians as hideous.

And I was speaking purely from a humanoid point of view, Saurians aren't what we're used to, so they're not as appealing as Liberated Borg, who can appear to be fully humanoid.

As from an aesthetic point of view, the Saurians are just a joke.

Turian, Krogan, Gorn, these are good examples of reptilian species.
Just by looking at them you know they are reptiles.

The Saurians are just a pink bag stuck on a mammal's body.
And think about that for a moment, if they are a pure reptilian species, their females wouldn't have something that mammals do.

Turian and Krogan females certainly do not have that particular feature!
They resemble the males quite closely.
And for a mammallian species, telling the genders apart is quite difficult (unless the female is talking, because her voice makes it obvious).
Although for a Turian female, it's quite easy, they don't have the cranial spines that mark a male Turian.
Captain
# 29
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Leathans have no ships, no real place in the plot and no back story.

My primary has a Leathean bridge officer and my other KDF officer is Leathean. Leathean ships along with Ferasan ships have been often requisted for along time now.
Lieutenant
# 30
06-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
The Saurians are just a pink bag stuck on a mammal's body.
And think about that for a moment, if they are a pure reptilian species, their females wouldn't have something that mammals do.
That doesn't really tell us anything. Gorn apparently reproduce via biological fission or cloning, given that they don't actually have females at all.