Captain
As there doesn't really seem to be anything too entertaining to keep doing on Risa besides the 25 day grind, could you at least (drastically) increase the mark rewards for turning in of those parrot pets?

First of all, these birds are much harder to get than Winter Epohhs. The 6 Winter Epohh marks were both attainable from the PvP race and from digging reliably. Eggs are rarely gotten from Horgahn search or are sold at 150 Favors each.

Second, these Risian parrots reward much less marks at turn in then Winter Epohhs did. Those rewarded 100 (200 for critted) marks for the final stage, these new birds reward 60 (120 for critted) marks for the final stage.

There is a clear imbalance as Risian parrots are harder to get yet reward less than Winter Epohhs. Please correct this imbalance.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 2
06-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Seconded.

/10char
Career Officer
# 3
06-28-2013, 04:52 AM
I did the Horg'ahn Hunt about six times (or sixty statues) and got three eggs. They're not *that* rare.
Rihannsu
# 4
06-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I did the Horg'ahn Hunt about six times (or sixty statues) and got three eggs. They're not *that* rare.
Oh really?

So you are saying "I won the lottery so its not that hard" because that is what you are saying, a egg requires 150 Favors as a Winter Epohh required just 6 Winter tags, the dance have a fixed pay of 25, the Statue hunt a minimum of 30 and the fact it can go higher does not mean such should assumed (just like finding eggs or winning the lottery).

Now the winter race was 4 timer per hour, the Statue hunt and Dance are 4 timer per hour but here is the thing, we only need 6 Winter Tag and participation reward on the race was 2 per race meaning a assured Winter Epohh per hour ... a egg will cost more that one hour because 110 favors are the only assured, meaning its a hour and half ... TWICE the amount of time required and without Snowman fight to get things for other things, Favors are used for about everything ... Floaters, Outfits and Birds.

There is simply no reason to cost 150 favors, in fact doing so actually lowers your capability to earn Marks because you only get 60 compared with 100 of a Epohh that can easy be reached within a hour and a half of normal play.

15 per egg would be a more reasonable amount.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Career Officer
# 5
06-28-2013, 10:25 AM
The Risian Blue? It's a beautiful bird, lovely plumage.
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Captain
# 6
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Oh really?

So you are saying "I won the lottery so its not that hard" because that is what you are saying, a egg requires 150 Favors as a Winter Epohh required just 6 Winter tags, the dance have a fixed pay of 25, the Statue hunt a minimum of 30 and the fact it can go higher does not mean such should assumed (just like finding eggs or winning the lottery).

Now the winter race was 4 timer per hour, the Statue hunt and Dance are 4 timer per hour but here is the thing, we only need 6 Winter Tag and participation reward on the race was 2 per race meaning a assured Winter Epohh per hour ... a egg will cost more that one hour because 110 favors are the only assured, meaning its a hour and half ... TWICE the amount of time required and without Snowman fight to get things for other things, Favors are used for about everything ... Floaters, Outfits and Birds.

There is simply no reason to cost 150 favors, in fact doing so actually lowers your capability to earn Marks because you only get 60 compared with 100 of a Epohh that can easy be reached within a hour and a half of normal play.

15 per egg would be a more reasonable amount.
Thanks for some number crunching on that.

Btw, I've done about 8 Horgahn searches and only found 2 eggs. That's what I've been basing the 'rare' argument over.

I wouldn't go as low as 15 Favors per egg, but there definitely needs to be a radical change of either egg prices or the mark turn-in rewards (or balance of both).

EDIT: I'll add some more numbers:

- If you actually were lucky enough, you could get 48 Winter Epohh Tags per hour (4 First places), worth a whopping 8 Epohhs.
- If you managed to at least end up second those four times, it was still an amazing 24 Winter Epohh tags, 4 Epohhs worth.
- Getting third those 4 races gets you 12 Winter Epohh tags, 2 Epohhs.
- Only being very unfortunate (as it was hard to find a race with more than 3-4 participants) netted you 8 Winter Epohh tags, 1 Epohh worth and 2 tags remaining for the next day.

That's all not counting the tags you could dig up in Snow piles, by my experience, easily another 4 in a couple minutes.

And that's not taking into account at all the goodies you'd get from the 'Snowpocalypse'.

Right now, you gotta be lucky to actually find an egg per hour searching for Horgahns, and unless somehow very fortunate, you wouldn't even be able to buy an egg after an hour of playing for all the favors you'd get
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 06-28-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-28-2013, 12:53 PM
I say 15 because overall we are better off doing other things if we want marks, only reason for having the parrots as epohh is to make people actually do the events and not just do maybe 1-2 events and then just do daily flying for the corvette since floaters are useless outside Risa, clothing is limited so you can just get 2900 Favors per character and call it a day, you get best Floater and everything and that about 24 hours of play on the event, less that a hour per day per character.

And that is if you want about everything, clothing is 1800 total were the floater is the most expensive one and if you just one floater you can grab a 50 one that perfectible serviceable and thats 30 minutes of play, a statue hunt and a dance.

Its only a issue if you have a lot of alts and want stuff on all of them, if you have 3 characters this is quite reachable but the weakest link is the birds, you are more likely to ignore then instead of buying eggs to raise them, I did that in Winter event because no way I would go with the Rommy grind unless forced, in fact I abandoned it completely on my characters created after because its too much of a hassle.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Ensign
# 8
06-29-2013, 10:46 AM
15 is reasonable. Not all of us have the time to put in on the game to earn enough favors to get the eggs and it seems like we're being punished because we don't. Also, I can't afford to buy credits so that's not an option for me. And I really don't enjoy the floater thing at all and would rather not have to do it to earn enough favors to buy an egg.
Republic Veteran
# 9
06-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtac124 View Post
The Risian Blue? It's a beautiful bird, lovely plumage.
Must... contain... urge... to... GAAAHH

"Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!"
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"