Career Officer
# 21
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Better hope it has an effective range of more than 5 kilometers then.

Else it won't be you who gets the last laugh.
Do what I'm planning, all cannon build with subspace jumper
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Republic Veteran
# 22
06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
The renovated Scimitar looks amazing, but I am pretty sad they all use so many of the same parts. The differences are extremely minimal, which is good because because the original design is so great, but sad because the artists didn't get to experiment. We also didn't really get a scimitar that looked more like a traditional Romulan warbird.

I wonder if this is more an experiment on the companies part on what will sell more, or if this was the lack of time or money striking again. The wings being so similar is completely understandable, animating different firing sequences would be hellish. Despite the minimal differences I still hope the customizability is great, the really varied areas like the engines and weapon pods will be super fun to play with, can't wait.
What other 3 pack has vastly different parts?
Career Officer
# 23
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You know, and this is comming from a guy who always thought the Scimitar is ugly as hell, your artists really did a good job making it look cool and allive.
Especially the Tulwar variant, I don't know why, I just got the old spacefaring vibe from it.
Couldn't agree more. I've never been a fan of the Scimitar, but those screenshots actually look very nice, I may end up getting it haha.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 24
06-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Those look amazing. I can't wait to see the blog later today.

Are you guys going to update the NPC Scimitar models? They haven't been remastered like the other Romulan and Reman ships with LoR, and they don't implode properly when destroyed.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 25
06-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
So "pointless" teaser blog today, and actual ship details on Monday. Got it.

"Pointless"? That's a bit harsh, and I'm going to have to disagree personally. Our artists enjoy celebrating the work they've created and sharing it with players through a blog. While the stats and abilities are sure interesting, celebrating the design process is just as important IMO as there would be no ship (and therefore no stats or abilities) without the incredible work our ship artists do...
I agree with you Brandon. I actually love the behind-the-scenes peeks at the How and the Why of the game.

I so often see in these forums people complaining about ship blogs not having stats, that all they want is the stats, and people have been salivating over the Scimitar such that "every" thread with a Dev post has someone asking when it's coming... My quip was to pre-jump on the "I Can Haz Stats Now" bandwagon. That's why I quoted the word pointless and put a "tongue" smiley (as in someone blowing a raspberry) to express the cheeky nature of the post. Clearly my sarcasm and forum mockery didn't come through.

No offense was intended.

I truly apologize if any occurred.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 26
06-28-2013, 11:14 AM
400 Bad Request when I try to view, even after turning off AdBlock and NoScript.
Captain
# 27
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
What other 3 pack has vastly different parts?
The Vesta parts have different shapes for all their components instead of just different details. Most of the differences on these models look to be like texturing, punching holes, adding glowing lights, or very slight additions like the extra X on the Falchion. Detail work like that is really cool, but it should complement the artists major changes we so often see in STO. Maybe I'm just butt hurt that character customization is so much worse for ships. I just feel that even if a new design is a failure trying is better than not doing so.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Career Officer
# 28
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Is it going to have the bridge and interior (hallways etc) from nemesis or at least a dark and metal reman inspired interior and bridge? I don't think the standard romulan bridge and interior would fit the concept of the ship very well imo
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 29
06-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Funny - the entry on the main page states 4 screenshots (Since it's all Romulan stuff, maybe one screenshot is cloaked? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
The Vesta parts have different shapes for all their components instead of just different details. Most of the differences on these models look to be like texturing, punching holes, adding glowing lights, or very slight additions like the extra X on the Falchion. Detail work like that is really cool, but it should complement the artists major changes we so often see in STO. Maybe I'm just butt hurt that character customization is so much worse for ships. I just feel that even if a new design is a failure trying is better than not doing so.
Maybe it could only be slight variations so all the pieces can mix and match well and still have smooth fitting animations?
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
06-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
All the new Romulan ships pre-Scimitar are singles. So are the 2 new KDF ships. So "only" would not be accurate You can probably expect to see more of all kinds of ships in the future (3-packs, singles, Fleet, ETC.).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Er, those do not count Brandon and you know it.

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day