Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
Look at the brand new elite fleet hangar pets... they are ...

stupid, unbalanced and in some cases, op

take a look at them :

FED : http://i.imgur.com/hwLHSBB.jpg

KDF : http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe699fd4.jpg

fed side hangar pets are a lot unbalanced .... kdfs are good but in some cases unbalanced too


these pets clearly need to be balanced.

my proposal:

FED :
Yellowstone - remains the same
Delta fliers - the same but adds a charged particle burst 1 (just like yellowstones got the ewp1)
peregrines - cant figure out how to balance these
sru's - the same but with hull signature masked (like the op caitian pets)
type 10 - instead of polarize hull - scramble sensors 1 (this skill isnt that op) - or adding 2 photon torpedo tubes

KDF :

toduj - same fix as peregrine (idk yet)
tachyon drones - the same but adding a trans torp (never seen these in action, i dont know how their cycling beam can do...
skull - the same but with crf 1
slavers - the same
interceptors - the same
ferjai - drop the aceton beam (i dont see another way to balance these)




share your opinion. how you would balance them? do you agree with my proposal ?
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 544
# 2
06-28-2013, 10:52 AM
LoL Space.
Sorry, I just had to.

I don't see a way to balance these at all. Maybe take 2 more weapon slots away from any ship that has a hangar?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 101
# 3
06-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneerdtb View Post
LoL Space.
Sorry, I just had to.

I don't see a way to balance these at all. Maybe take 2 more weapon slots away from any ship that has a hangar?
and make the vesta only with 4 weapons ? and the armitage with 5 weapons ? its a very idea.
ppl here trying to make a better sto and you there making jokes... look at my avatar and youll get it.
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 544
# 4
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
You did say balance right? Vesta with elite pets vs RSV or DSSV, I guess you could give the non carriers 2 extra weapons then.
(edit) still not enough, would need free tractor beam added as well

(re-edit) give all ships a hangar?

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 06-28-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 5
06-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
Look at the brand new elite fleet hangar pets... they are ...

stupid, unbalanced and in some cases, op

take a look at them :

FED : http://i.imgur.com/hwLHSBB.jpg

KDF : http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe699fd4.jpg

fed side hangar pets are a lot unbalanced .... kdfs are good but in some cases unbalanced too


these pets clearly need to be balanced.

my proposal:

FED :
Yellowstone - remains the same
Delta fliers - the same but adds a charged particle burst 1 (just like yellowstones got the ewp1)
peregrines - cant figure out how to balance these
sru's - the same but with hull signature masked (like the op caitian pets)
type 10 - instead of polarize hull - scramble sensors 1 (this skill isnt that op) - or adding 2 photon torpedo tubes

KDF :

toduj - same fix as peregrine (idk yet)
tachyon drones - the same but adding a trans torp (never seen these in action, i dont know how their cycling beam can do...
skull - the same but with crf 1
slavers - the same
interceptors - the same
ferjai - drop the aceton beam (i dont see another way to balance these)




share your opinion. how you would balance them? do you agree with my proposal ?

I can't tell if you are actually serious or having some fun on a Friday.

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 6
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
kill them all with fire.

/suddenly remembers that pets wiil get stronger the longer they live soon

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,273
# 7
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
kill them all with fire.

/suddenly remembers that pets wiil get stronger the longer they live soon

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Let's go boys!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,503
# 8
06-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Normally I'm a fan of Carriers.

The KDF side pets though.. especially the Elite Orion Interceptors are deadly.

Maybe we should burn them with fire.. I dunno..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.