Survivor of Romulus
# 21
06-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
Great blog- v. interesting. Where does Kestrel come into all this? I thought she wrote all the dialogue and that for everything.
We interviewed Kestrel a few weeks ago and she explained it all to us. Quick version is she writes everything from overall lore to mission dialogue down to the flavor text on the new Dilithium Mine. Some of the mission creators do their own writing as well, but she does a little bit of everything.

Here's the link to the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImyAhlmGsBE

Great blog, I prefer this to the Ask Cryptics.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 06-28-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I actually liked this article. It's great to know who to bribe for better stuff. Joking aside, these types of articles might be helpful with Foundry production--if and when it ever comes back. Knowing how these guys and gals are build stories might give us better ways and techniques to create something fun.
Ensign
# 23 Really interesting
06-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks, that was a really interesting insight into your development process.

I have certainly enjoyed playing through a continuing story and seeing how it unfolds and seeing the progression of all the characters. The story is always an important part of a game for me, and this is probably the most fun I have had playing STO. I particularly liked the process of building the bridge crew as its given my romulan captain a 'supporting cast' that I felt much more involved with than my original federation captain's bridge crew. I had to write a bio for each of them! The new game mechanics and the look and feel is also great. Overall very happy
Ensign
# 24
06-28-2013, 11:29 PM
... needs a spoiler warning.
Empire Veteran
# 25
06-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Great blog!

Interesting that the the doors in the whitebox diagram 'swing' open lol.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.

Using - Klinzhai, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Sheshar, Mat'Ha
Some others - Manasa, Qib, Nicor, Guramba, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE

Fed - Geneva, Rom - Vastam