Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Career Officer
# 11
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
No I don't find it too tedious atm. Currently 33 characters + 1 farm/delete toon (11-feds,15-kdf,7-roms)

Wow, 33 characters!!

Republic Veteran
# 12
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Well, for me it has already pretty much stopped me from grinding Nukura, just isn't worth it.

But then i have 14 old toons, done with Rommie rep and mostly done with Omega too. Still have a Romulan and Reman to do the Rommie rep, but think thats all i'm going to do for rep grinding. Its just too unfriendly to having many alts.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

Wow, 33 characters!!
I was impressed, I ahve 18, 6 are not to 50 yet, just leveling with doff missions and lore, as I test different skills combos and gear. Like to avoid respec tokens as much as possible.

But 33 active characters.....that is darn impressive.
Empire Veteran
# 14
06-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Have 15 characters, kind of stopped playing different alts as time went on/more stuff was introduced. When I think about the reputations/having to go to ground to collect hypos etc it generally turns me off and stop playing for the rest of the day.

Can't really feel motivated about making new or keeping them all up to date anymore, so I just fart about on one or two characters a day on what I feel like doing. It's not the most efficient use in game but much more enjoyable than grinding.
Captain
# 15
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
This last rep did it for me, no more new characters or character slot purchases until their is account wide rep or at least increased rep points for completing projects for alts as long as you have a higher tier on another character.

I have 10 level 50 characters, but only 2 I will max all rep on, others have only up to t2 romulan and omega anywhere from t2 to t5 and mostly relegated to being contraband farmers and dil grinders.
Career Officer
# 16
06-29-2013, 02:19 AM
I agree three are enough and to be honest if I could copy the fleet credits and other stuff that can't be copied over to an other character I would delete at least 6 of my alts.
Captain
# 17
06-29-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Well that answers the question but it's not really in the spirit of the question.

My fault for not being specific enough.

Rep is a type of character progress, but rather than gain levels and progress "up" you tend to progress more sideways. (I'm sure some MMO Thesis writer has better terms for this).

So in effect, you are actually answering my question by saying "I will not progress or advance my X amount of characters, only 1".

These means you are purposefully not advancing them, likely because the task is too tedious, time consuming or perhaps just not interesting/motivating enough to do so - although I'd rather you tell me yourself why you're not doing it than speculating.
Fair enough

I ehm, I'd say it's a combination of the task being tedious and not interesting enough. It's not the time-consuming thing per se, but the fact that you need to do the same things again and again, just to be able to do some administrative work - input things by slider in order to see some bars move.

If I want to get ingame benefits by doing tedious repetitive stuff, I'd work for an additional 1 or 2 hours a week and convert the money from that to Zen/dil
That way I'd get much more bang for my buck/time, too.

In terms of games, I'm mostly in it for the fun and gaming experience. If it stops being fun and/or starts becoming administrative work, I quickly lose interest. Hence, I tend to repeat some story missions once in a while, do some events I like, sometimes, and play pvp matches.

Last edited by twam; 06-29-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Captain
# 18
06-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Never. The parts of this game I like I play. The parts I do not I leave alone. I view Reputation as an option. I am not required to progress through one to level up a toon. Further, the rewards are too expensive and time consuming. They're also not really worth the effort once you acquire and use them.

The customer may not be correct but the customer is still the customer. If a few more players would leave parts of the game unplayed which people always seem to be complaining about here, then maybe the Devs and their Dark Masters would take the hint.
Would Diogenes' search have been faster or better if he had the Internet?
I'm guessing, Oh HELL no!
Captain
# 19
06-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
> The massive cost of expertise required (about 500,000 expertise PER Rep system, so about 1.5 million expertise for 3 systems - easy for old characters but yet another grind for new ones).
I managed to get my Romulan to Tier IV in Romulan and Nukara Rep and Tier V in Omega Rep. The amount of expertise required for a new toon is mind-boggling. I had to constantly grind the mirror event to get enough expertise on top of the usual mark grind to run the projects. Now I've used up my last expertise for some MK XII gear. I don't think that I will continue to run the other two Reps, it's just too boring to play the same mission over and over again. Cryptic really needs to release more options for us to get a decent amount of expertise. Other missions and DOffing simply don't reward enough.
Career Officer
# 20
06-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I might try for level 1 or 2 on the alts that don't have it, but that's about it. It has simply become too much work to a point where I can't enjoy special events because I'm in the "MUST...GRIND...REPUTATION!"-mindset.

The only reason I have as many Nuke marks as I do is simply because I had the foresight to stock up on the Tholian ground set pieces on multiple toons knowing I could cash them in.

Anyhow, they need to slow down the releases of reputation and give systems like PvP and DoFFing some love.

/not a PvPer, but recognize it needs attention.

Last edited by badname834854; 06-29-2013 at 09:29 AM.