Starfleet Veteran
# 11
06-29-2013, 03:08 AM
can't ou create a chat tab that exludes anything but the designated channels?
Captain
# 12
06-29-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
can't ou create a chat tab that exludes anything but the designated channels?
No because it's been removed as a channel, so you can't check it or uncheck it anymore.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Lieutenant
# 13 Block the emote spam!!!!
06-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Really??? Everytime I go to Risa and am anywhere near the dance floor I get emote spam despite having every single filter set block every notification out?

Even on a custom channel!??!?!?!

WAT DA HALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Only the first default tab has that. Move to another tab and configure it how you like to avoid it.
---------------------
DeltaFox
Lieutenant
# 15
06-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxalpha5 View Post
Only the first default tab has that. Move to another tab and configure it how you like to avoid it.

Already did that....multiple times....still gettin spam. its got my panties all ina bunch and im angry grrrr
Empire Veteran
# 16
06-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Some fleeties and I tried to find a way to prevent creating the emote spam.

We teamed up and spammed team chat to receive a 2 minute mute (just say the same thing 7 times in very quick succession) - that then allowed us to dance for 2 minutes without spamming our dance emotes. Unfortunately, we all eventually received 24 hour mutes and were apparently flagged as spammers. I cant wait for customer service to contact us and to try to explain how we got flagged as spammers ... while trying to prevent spam On the upshot though you won't be seeing my dance emotes for the next 12 hours or so!

The irony......

Last edited by sneyeper; 06-29-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Captain
# 17
06-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
Some fleeties and I tried to find a way to prevent creating the emote spam.

We teamed up and spammed team chat to receive a 2 minute mute (just say the same thing 7 times in very quick succession) - that then allowed us to dance for 2 minutes without spamming our dance emotes. Unfortunately, we all eventually received 24 hour mutes and were apparently flagged as spammers. I cant wait for customer service to contact us and to try to explain how we got flagged as spammers ... while trying to prevent spam On the upshot though you won't be seeing my dance emotes for the next 12 hours or so!

The irony......
That's the most convoluted thing that I've ever heard. So crazy it must be true.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
06-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneelift View Post
Already did that....multiple times....still gettin spam. its got my panties all ina bunch and im angry grrrr
Be sure to disable Local etc in your custom tab.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
Be sure to disable Local etc in your custom tab.
Doesn't work. I get emote spam on EVERY SINGLE ONE of my channels short of NPC and Combat, despite having Local, and just about anything else, turned off.
- Disgruntled 1000+ day Champions Online subscriber.
- GIVE US OUR DEVS BACK!
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
06-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Hmm, I don't get this spam on my alternate tabs, even on my Romulan. O.o

Be sure to disable local chat.